Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Rennes Away (Travel Plans)

4 hours ago, blurryface said:

Glad to know there is options, I have a flight booked out but held back on flight home while I worked out holiday allowance at work, flying home Friday is still too expensive!

Booked home flight from Nantes for around £40 to eats mids via Dublin booking with trip.com

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Mates just made some good points

Hes holding out to see what ticket prices are like, and also whether he wants to spend £400 on 18 hours if we’ve been ‘dicked 4-0 at our place’ 

So it could be a slow seller this trip

Think this is what I’m doing, will be waiting until after the home leg to book. May sell out before then but it’s a risk I’m willing to take. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

I was one of the ones let down ré Warsaw and had to rush around looking for alternatives, but I went Madrid with them with no problems. 

Me too, tho I'm hesitant to blame sport options for it. I emailed the guy and he said he'd took 60 odd bookings and needed 150 to break even....the City ticket office's weird 'anti-male' sales policy was the root cause of the cancellation, not sport options. 

25 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Me too, tho I'm hesitant to blame sport options for it. I emailed the guy and he said he'd took 60 odd bookings and needed 150 to break even....the City ticket office's weird 'anti-male' sales policy was the root cause of the cancellation, not sport options. 

??😂

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Think this is what I’m doing, will be waiting until after the home leg to book. May sell out before then but it’s a risk I’m willing to take. 

Yeah. Worst case scenario is you miss out on this trip after attempting to book after winning the first leg 

Then you just hope we qualify for the next round 2 weeks later 

• Like 3

On 25/02/2022 at 21:22, Harboro said:

Anyone familiar with the ferry timetables? Le derby Normand, Le Havre-Caen, is on the Saturday at 2pm so trying to work out how to get back in time for Brentford on Sunday but can’t get my head around it

edit: and hopefully see the next Mahrez haha 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-set-pieces-blog/2022/jan/28/le-havre-french-club-world-class-footballers-pogba-mahrez-payet

Also looking at Laval who play at home on on the Friday

We're doing that Laval game on the Friday.

On 25/02/2022 at 20:22, Harboro said:

Anyone familiar with the ferry timetables? Le derby Normand, Le Havre-Caen, is on the Saturday at 2pm so trying to work out how to get back in time for Brentford on Sunday but can’t get my head around it

edit: and hopefully see the next Mahrez haha 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-set-pieces-blog/2022/jan/28/le-havre-french-club-world-class-footballers-pogba-mahrez-payet

Also looking at Laval who play at home on on the Friday

Ferry crossing on Saturday from Dieppe (1745) and Caen (2300) would get you in England in time for Sunday's game 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Flight out on the Wednesday from Manchester at £25 

On this, and then a train back to Paris from Rennes on Friday morning for £19, and CDG to Manchester in the evening for £23. 

On 27/02/2022 at 15:19, moore_94 said:

So for going out to France it looks like all you need is evidence of vaccination and this sworn statement thing?

And for coming back you just need to do a PLF?

No PLF....I came back from Copenhagen 1 hour ago and nobody at Stansted asked to see it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Shame the trains back are either right near full time or a two hour wait for the last one to Rennes 

Hmmm..... Wonder what we could do for 2 hours before the last train 🍺..🍷 😏

4 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

So no covid jabs means it's a no go? Or is there a way?

For info I travel to France a lot they are not like this country they are extremely anal when it comes to checking covid passes and that French declaration thing you have to do.  Jabs have to be witin dates too else they wont let you in.  French really dont like us Brits so unfortunately if you havent been jabbed you havent a hells chance of getting in.

Seemingly still some relatively well priced flights from Gatwick to Nantes Weds-Sat for those looking. 

From the airport to Rennes, it works out a chunk cheaper to hire a car and park it at the hotel too.  

So, to clarify, is this correct?

● Entering France;

Must be double jabbed.

● Entering Hospitality / Football;

Must be double jabbed & Booster within 9 months.

I Cant seem to find any 'idiot proof' guidance. Most pages seem to say that your booster must be within the 9 months of the 2nd jab.

I had my booster in November, so I am 'hoping' I'll be okay regardless however I think there will be a lot of disappointed people who have booked flights and won't even be able to enter the country - or, who will enter the country and not be allowed in any pubs, bars, restaurants or stadiums.

Edited by adejo92