Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simmo86

Roma away (Travel Plans) 5th May

23 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Would the home tests be okay for this?

I’ve gone for this one.

Assume it’ll be ok as you get sent the travel certification??

A3A344B3-C7FC-46C8-94B6-9195B45E0FA8.png

Edited by LE8Blue
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LE8Blue said:

I’ve gone for this one.

Assume it’ll be ok as you get sent the travel certification??

A3A344B3-C7FC-46C8-94B6-9195B45E0FA8.png

we used similar for Napoli and they were fine ,Certificate was emailed back which we then showed on phone at airport

16 hours ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Far as I'm aware the COVID NHS pass can be used as the Italian free pass. Im doing my double checking tomorrow however.

So NHS pass plus ffp2 mask should be all you need, plus for completeness, valid passport etc, cash, return flight booking and proof of hotel for solving border squabbles.

Check the date on your NHS pass as annoyingly they put very short expiration dates on the pdf, so you have to re-download every month pretty much.

I don't have a hotel booked as I fly out on Friday morning fso have a 6:00am train from Termini to Naples so no need for a hotel, but what I have done on the Covid declaration form is to enter a bonafide hotel in Rome near Termini as where I am staying so there are no issues with border security/passport control. I will still take the EU declaration form even though it isn't required anymore as well. 

Just received an email froM Vueling who have advised only FFP2 masks without a valve are valid for public transport.  Don’t know how strict they are on it but just letting people know in case they want to play safe.

54 minutes ago, Paddy_D said:

Just received an email froM Vueling who have advised only FFP2 masks without a valve are valid for public transport.  Don’t know how strict they are on it but just letting people know in case they want to play safe.

Just for info the Airlines are very STICT on it you need a FFP2 or they will not let you on the flight 

9 hours ago, body102 said:

we used similar for Napoli and they were fine ,Certificate was emailed back which we then showed on phone at airport

Indeed. In fact, I bought one if these once and have converted the pdf certificate to word, changed the test dates and converted the word doc back to a pdf. Bingo! 

An absolute fcking farce 

• Haha 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate
2 hours ago, Paddy_D said:

Thanks for the heads up. To be honest I've never seen a ffp 2 or 3 without a valve so may have to rely on boots the chemist at the airport to find one. 

45 minutes ago, english77 said:

Just for info the Airlines are very STICT on it you need a FFP2 or they will not let you on the flight 

I flew with Ryanair to Turin and back in March they weren’t very strict with what mask you had on, in fact the cabin crew didn’t have FFP2 masks on by the look of it, they looked like the cheap light blue ones they give away in shops

1 hour ago, Paddy_D said:

Meant the part about not having a valve.

Yep just checked BA, no valve allowed into Italy.

4 minutes ago, Whiner said:

I flew with Ryanair to Turin and back in March they weren’t very strict with what mask you had on, in fact the cabin crew didn’t have FFP2 masks on by the look of it, they looked like the cheap light blue ones they give away in shops

Saying that I'm flying from Paris and some friends went last week on holiday and people with out FFP2 were not able to board so had to rush to get them in the airport 👣

1 minute ago, coolcol said:

We arrived in Rome this afternoon.... There were NO Covid checks of any sort at Ciampino  airport.

They only looked at our passports NOTHING else.

What about on the plane / boarding? Any fussiness over masks?

Glad you made it safe anyway pal.