Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

23 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

He looked sharp tonight at Leicester Road. He scored 1 and cracked the post with a fizzing drive. I'm looking forward to seeing him up top with Timmy.

Kee playing a support role this season? 

19 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Kee playing a support role this season? 

I would think Billy wants to play as many games as possible, but he might find himself warming the bench more this season with Ashley joining.

Chitiza signing from Stamford and Dave Assuncao looking quicker, stronger and even trickier, it creates healthy competition.

We also have George Wilson on trial. He's studying at Loughborough University. I think he's primarily a CM, but he's also been playing RB. He looks a very tidy player.

2 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Fixtures for Coalville's league are published tomorrow morning at noon.

I'll take Leiston away first game.

Get the furthest trip of the season out of the way straight away. I got a feeling Boro will be travelling to Ilkeston first up. 

55 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Get the furthest trip of the season out of the way straight away. I got a feeling Boro will be travelling to Ilkeston first up. 

I'm thinking it might be nice to visit in the summer. Last season I went there at the end of March. It's a nice part of the country. I had a drive to the coast at Aldeburgh.

It'll be interesting to see how Ilkeston fare this season.

3 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I would think Billy wants to play as many games as possible, but he might find himself warming the bench more this season with Ashley joining.

Chitiza signing from Stamford and Dave Assuncao looking quicker, stronger and even trickier, it creates healthy competition.

We also have George Wilson on trial. He's studying at Loughborough University. I think he's primarily a CM, but he's also been playing RB. He looks a very tidy player.

Chitiza is a good signing 

11 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Have they had any centre backs on trial in the games you have been to ? That’s one position we need to add some depth 

13 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Have they had any centre backs on trial in the games you have been to ? That’s one position we need to add some depth 

They had JDC playing CB at Anstey. Steve Towers hasn't featured at all pre-season, so I expect he'll be used as a CB when needed.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

They had JDC playing CB at Anstey. Steve Towers hasn't featured at all pre-season, so I expect he'll be used as a CB when needed.

Not a fan of towers at centre back to be honest. I was hoping they would bring someone in, as Robbo has always got an injury in him.

9 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Not a fan of towers at centre back to be honest. I was hoping they would bring someone in, as Robbo has always got an injury in him.

Putnam might also be used there and Kian at LB. I don't think the signings are done, so we may well bring in a CB. It's tricky finding someone happy to be a back-up though.

44 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Got smacked 5-0 by Hereford on Tuesday

Not seen or heard much pre-season so not sure how were looking

It was a very competitive game till the 80th minute when we lost our shape and heads dropped at 2-0.

We played almost the entirety of the game with full backs at centre back. a winger at left back and a CM at right back lol. We desperately need a new CB as pre season is suggesting that we can't rely on Robbo and Eggy week in week out.

We came up against a very organised team and created some decent chances. It honestly wouldn't have been a shock for either team to win at the 60 minute mark.

Ash Chambers is looking very sharp and if he takes this intensity into the season he'll be a massive addition for us this summer.

Good to see us testing ourselves against higher level opposition. It'll do more for us than smashing teams a division or two below us.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It was a very competitive game till the 80th minute when we lost our shape and heads dropped at 2-0.

We played almost the entirety of the game with full backs at centre back. a winger at left back and a CM at right back lol. We desperately need a new CB as pre season is suggesting that we can't rely on Robbo and Eggy week in week out.

We came up against a very organised team and created some decent chances. It honestly wouldn't have been a shock for either team to win at the 60 minute mark.

Ash Chambers is looking very sharp and if he takes this intensity into the season he'll be a massive addition for us this summer.

Good to see us testing ourselves against higher level opposition. It'll do more for us than smashing teams a division or two below us.

I agree, absolutely desperate for a centre back. Could do with a right back as well in my opinion as Kalern hasn’t been replaced.

Any reason chambers is still playing as a trialist  ? I thought he had signed 

From what I can tell, outside looking in, for Coalville it may well be similar to Leicester 12/13, where it actually worked in our favour to stay down for a year and really build on the foundations for to get promotion and stay there. A lot of quality, especially decent players from NL level, and fingers crossed they are looking at very, very decent crowds at over the Christmas period as well. Never tell until the season starts though. 

Hinckley have been decimated after losing their squad mostly between Atherstone, Rugby (who have about ten players on contract, including two keepers lol) & Highgate, and the manager off due to business clashes, but are slowing building back up a semi-decent team by the looks. Certainly won’t be seeing the regularly 6-0s of last season.

53 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

I agree, absolutely desperate for a centre back. Could do with a right back as well in my opinion as Kalern hasn’t been replaced.

Any reason chambers is still playing as a trialist  ? I thought he had signed 

It'd be a massive shame to be putting together a very decent midfield and attack only to be let down by us neglecting the defence. Every team we face seems to have an absolute colossus at the back. The best we had was Duggan, shame we only got about 2 months out of him.

No idea why Chambers is still down as a trialist, I can only assume he's signed a contract but not officially registered to us yet.

11 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

From what I can tell, outside looking in, for Coalville it may well be similar to Leicester 12/13, where it actually worked in our favour to stay down for a year and really build on the foundations for to get promotion and stay there. A lot of quality, especially decent players from NL level, and fingers crossed they are looking at very, very decent crowds at over the Christmas period as well. Never tell until the season starts though. 

Hinckley have been decimated after losing their squad mostly between Atherstone, Rugby (who have about ten players on contract, including two keepers lol) & Highgate, and the manager off due to business clashes, but are slowing building back up a semi-decent team by the looks. Certainly won’t be seeing the regularly 6-0s of last season.

I think this season represents our best chance of getting out of the league. None of the teams that have come in strike me as being a team that'll run away with it like Banbury did, I expect it to be competitive, but there doesn't appear to be any teams with massive finances like Banbury and Peterborough who were able to keep bringing in players that should be playing at a higher level. We really do need to get a body or two in at the back though.

What are the expectations at Hinckley this season?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, filbertway said:

What are the expectations at Hinckley this season?

Hard to say mate as it’s quite fluid at the moment. When I said we’ve been hit hard, I mean about 4 of the 15 we put out for the play-off final have been retained and the rest scavenged by higher leagues. That said, we’ve retained one of our best and most versatile players and captain and we seem to have got two very young promising centre mids (one returning after signing for Kettering and the other one technically retained after a season out injured) and an experienced CB with a bit of grit to him, which we didn’t have and ended up costing us back end of last season. The issue is they’re all either injury prone or returning from pretty nasty ones. Granted we keep them fit, we then need to build up around them as we’re light on the ground in many positions, especially centre halves and forwards. 

So really it’s very dependent on what we do between now and the start of the season, I don’t see us getting top spot but competing for play-offs we could really do with as a minimum, but it has the potential to be a painful season.

Edited by Finnaldo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Top stop in Hinckley's division will be Aylestone Park; cashed up and basically reassembling Lutterworth Town's team who won the division 3 years ago 

Hinckley have moved back to the Midlands Football League, I think top spot could be Bilston as they’ve apparently had something of a spending spree this season.

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

My bad ! Bit of travelling there 

Yes a few couple hour round trips, and the occasional Shropshire trip which won’t be fun! lol As you said though, Aylestone have the UCL cornered and a lot of our lads are West Mids based as it is so it might well work out in our favour.

Nuneaton Boro played away at Skeggy Town today, big following of 100 travelled from Nuneaton. Sadly left disappointed and frustrated, lost 1-2. Friendly or not but an abysmal and lack lustre performance from the Boro. Fans were very unhappy during the game. Of course credit to Skeggy put in a decent performance and look so organised on the pitch and off. A club to certainly to progress in years to come, nice little ground. Attendance: 250 I believe, which maybe the record attendance at the new ground.

7 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Nuneaton Boro played away at Skeggy Town today, big following of 100 travelled from Nuneaton. Sadly left disappointed and frustrated, lost 1-2. Friendly or not but an abysmal and lack lustre performance from the Boro. Fans were very unhappy during the game. Of course credit to Skeggy put in a decent performance and look so organised on the pitch and off. A club to certainly to progress in years to come, nice little ground. Attendance: 250 I believe, which maybe the record attendance at the new ground.

Gone backwards from last season ? I thought they might do a bit better this time had a decent finish to last season