Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Church chairmen saying they were superb first half but got totally hammered by Coalville to deservedly lose. 

I think Church be on the outside of the playoffs again this year. Ilson will be the problem for Coalville. Got Daly in whose a really good leader 

Been round a few clubs at this level over the past couple of years though. Why has he not stayed at any of them ?

7 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Church chairmen saying they were superb first half but got totally hammered by Coalville to deservedly lose. 

I think Church be on the outside of the playoffs again this year. Ilson will be the problem for Coalville. Got Daly in whose a really good leader 

Ilkeston are nothing major to worry about. They'll waste money, go bust and reform in a few season. Rinse and repeat till the end of days.

This front 2 is the best Coalville has ever had. Chambers is such a massive improvement on Kee. He's got the ability and more importantly his work rate is class. Keep everyone fit and we've got a punchers chance at the title.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, filbertway said:

Ilkeston are nothing major to worry about. They'll waste money, go bust and reform in a few season. Rinse and repeat till the end of days.

This front 2 is the best Coalville has ever had. Chambers is such a massive improvement on Kee. He's got the ability and more importantly his work rate is class. Keep everyone fit and we've got a punchers chance at the title.

Agree on both counts here. I can't see why the bookies made Ilkeston favourites for any reason other than them having a few quid to spend.

Luke Shaw was excellent second half yesterday, but I thought the work rate from Chambers throughout the 90 in those conditions was exceptional. He offers us so much more in terms of mobility, link up play and he can take a decent pen. Billy did well for us, but Chambers takes us to another level. 7 goals in 2 games for the Town and last seasons top scorer hasn't even netted yet.

Also, George Wilson has to start on Tuesday.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Ilkeston lost to Barwell last night, so stick them in the primadonnas category. A lot of Southern teams have started well

To be fair, Barwell have had three decent performances this season. First game they were the better team first half and 1-0 up and a player got himself sent off, off of the ball which cost them. Second game at Bedford I heard a lot of Bedford lads couldn’t believe they got out of it with points yet alone three. 

Ian King has them playing proper football this season and they are extremely well organised on and off the ball, Ilkeston were managed out the game for large parts last night. They won’t be play off contenders but over the course of the season I think they should survive comfortably and ruffle a few feathers when it comes to the bigger teams. They’re a far cry from some of the crap I saw last season. 

Edited by Finnaldo
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Off to Mickleover tonight to hopefully watch the Ravens continue the good start 

It was a good game and a great win 4-2 win tonight. Shame about the muscle injuries to Eggleton and Thanoj, but once again Ash Chambers looked class. We constantly won the ball up high first half and created chances. We've already scored 11, but it feels like we could've scored 20. The midfield looks combative and dynamic, and George Wilson at RB will only improve.

We do need a centre half though.

9/9 and 5 points better off than we were after 3 games last season. Just need to deal with our bogey team Royston on Saturday with one fit CB.

Edited by Gary Eatfood
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

It was a good game and a great win 4-2 win tonight. Shame about the muscle injuries to Eggleton and Thanoj, but once again Ash Chambers looked class. We constantly won the ball up high first half and created chances. We've already scored 11, but it feels like we could've scored 20. The midfield looks combative and dynamic, and George Wilson at RB will only improve.

9/9 and 5 points better off than we were after 3 games last season. Just need to deal with our bogey team Royston on Saturday with one fit CB.

Yeah was a really good game. Good win against a decent side.

Been saying all pre season we need another centre back. Hopefully the injury to eggleton will mean they bring someone in. Didn’t see what happened to Thanoj, did he pull up as well ?

7 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Was a great game and a real tonic for what we witness in the PL. 

Deffo need another CB. I was impressed with their number 5 last night, good positioning, communication and excellent ball player. 

Very happy Luke kept running for that 4th goal rather than checking his run like he had done on the move previous. 

We look excellent going forward but need to tighten up at the back. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Deffo need another CB. I was impressed with their number 5 last night, good positioning, communication and excellent ball player. 

Just looked, James Butler. 

Was at Stoke for 10 years and it shows imo. 

Gerrimin 

12 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Yeah was a really good game. Good win against a decent side.

Been saying all pre season we need another centre back. Hopefully the injury to eggleton will mean they bring someone in. Didn’t see what happened to Thanoj, did he pull up as well ?

Thanoj went off with a groin injury. Hopefully, just a precaution given the game was won.

On 17/08/2022 at 20:38, Gary Eatfood said:

Thanoj went off with a groin injury. Hopefully, just a precaution given the game was won.

The injury to Eggleton isn't as bad as first feared, and there's no mention of Thanoj being unavailable tomorrow, which is good news.

I've never seen Coalville beat Royston. They're a physical side who bullied us at home last season, so it will be a challenging and interesting game tomorrow.

I'm hoping our attacking firepower will again prove too much to handle.