Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

Just about to go to the Play-Off North match at Brackley Town, it’s a sell out with 3000 tickets sold.

Had the choice of watching two non league sides play today or a non-league side take on Liverpool tomorrow, so chose the fairer match up!

Only joking would love to have been at both but Monday nights are a real pain these days to attend

• Like 2

Went to two non-league cup finals yesterday several hours apart and, having moaned about players squaring up and complaining to officials in run of the mill games, it was very refreshing to see hard but fair games with players making strong challenges but never spilling over to anything.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, maynefox said:

Hemmings is quality. Scored a rocket of a goal when I watched with Kettering Town few weeks back

Been in great form!

Just scored again 2-0 to Kiddy and looking good for promotion.

A great early afternoon at Court Place Farm; Oxford City played exceptionally well and thoroughly deserved the win. The crowd of over 3000 (tickets were sold out) was more than a thousand more than previous record. So Nationals League for City - where Oxford United had dropped down to for several years ending 2011

Separately, I thought the National  League play-off final was a terrific game; the standard of the lower leagues has improved considerably over the past few years. Good substitution on 119 minutes by bringing on Mair who saved 2 penalties. Players Penanka style pens should be fined - Bostock tried to be clever with the penalty that would have won the game; better than Kermorgant's pitiful effort v Cardiff but still unforgivable. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Kidderminster complete one of the great ends of the season to gain promotion.

Congratulations to them .

Incredible wasn't it.  9 wins on the bounce.  Winning their last 6 league games including away against the champions to sneak into the play offs.  Then beat Alfreton away in the quarters.  Then beat 2nd placed Kings Lynn away in the semi's...a team that finished 24 points above them. And then beating brackley in the final.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Back from the Brackley game, well done to Kidderminster, they looked sharper in attack with some very neat players.

Still a very good afternoon out but I have to admit I’m preferring the normal, much smaller attendances as you can spend time in the bar easier!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 23/03/2023 at 11:56, purpleronnie said:

I think i might have gone to see the final qualifying game against Kings Lynn...but not sure.  I didn't know that Enderby Town reached the 1st round.

1977/78 season - AP Leamington 6-1 Enderby Town - 1st Rd FA Cup. Safe to day that Enderby 'froze' on the day. AP were only one league above Enderby as well. 

• Like 1