Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

17 hours ago, Wymsey said:

You could say that Wrexham have a mentality issue, after big investment has been inserted into them and there's big pressure for them to succeed.

They have spent more money than some league one clubs and its said some players on high wages as if they were playing in the championship. Ambition is not all bad, but you can certainly put yourself under pressure. Same with us between 2011-12 the money being threw around was insane.

I watched the game yesterday, today and one from the previous play off round - very very impressed with the standard. I’ve seen games in higher leagues that have been a much lower standard. 

Must have come on massively in recent years, and also noticed that a lot of the managers now in that league have managed at higher levels (eg Paul Cook).

44 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I watched the game yesterday, today and one from the previous play off round - very very impressed with the standard. I’ve seen games in higher leagues that have been a much lower standard. 

Must have come on massively in recent years, and also noticed that a lot of the managers now in that league have managed at higher levels (eg Paul Cook).

Watching the National League has just brought it home to me how much the game has progressed in England. The teams are probably more comfortable on the ball than when I started watching top level English football in the early 90s. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bovril said:

Watching the National League has just brought it home to me how much the game has progressed in England. The teams are probably more comfortable on the ball than when I started watching top level English football in the early 90s. 

defence is still awful though

11 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Speaking of chucking cash Aylestone park spending a lot this summer! 

Got the ex-Lutterworth Town manager in and he will bring all players from there across - not the nicest of fellas in his past

Aylestone had an okay season last out and their ex manager has gone Saffron Dynamo. 

1 hour ago, Lcfc82 said:

Tyrell Waite has left Coalville and signed for Nuneaton.

Really disappointed by this, I rated him. Don’t blame him to be honest the manager didn’t give him enough game time for me

Be here before with us... wasn't that good. 

5 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Tyrell Waite has left Coalville and signed for Nuneaton.

Really disappointed by this, I rated him. Don’t blame him to be honest the manager didn’t give him enough game time for me

The manager doesn't give anyone other than his 11 favourites any game time. 

We had a bit more dynamism with him up top rather than kee and Berridge who are both similar. 

Nuneaton Boro have listened to their fans during a recent survey and agreed to drop there admission prices which is good to see. Even offering Fans membership scheme where fans can pay monthly to attend all the matches all season. Mean each game a fan attends they can watch Boro for as little as £6 at home. Under 17's is also just going to be £1 entry next season on the gate also. So things are starting to look positive for the club.

36 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Out of interest, can anyone tell me what sort of "bunce" a player at the coalville or nuneaton level earns?

Well most players in that level are pay as you play so can imagine some are £180-200 a game. Some players are on contract and will get back weekly and I can Imagine on there slightly more. Heard rumours last Tamworth had a 8 or 9 players on contract and were paying each them nearly £300 a week. Which is a lot, what rub salt into wounds for most parts of last season Tamworth were in a relegation scrap.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Out of interest, can anyone tell me what sort of "bunce" a player at the coalville or nuneaton level earns?

So you get players that are on part time contracts for 1 or 2 years. These will get a guatanteed wage each week and then potentially appearance bonuses.

You also get players who are registered to the club, but not contracted, this means at any point during the season another club can make an offer to a player and then put in a "7 day request" which basically means that if the player agrees, then their registration will be transferred to the other club 7 days later.

I'd say your average players are probably earning 200-300 a week. You'll get some players who are on more, I'd wager the ceiling must be around 800-1000.

Towards the end of a season, you'll see players coming in on non-contract terms, who will be paid something silly, just to help a team with their final push for promotion/against relegation. 

• Thanks 1

We have appointed Luke Williams as our new head coach.

Williams, 41, who arrives alongside assistant Ryan Harley, was previously head coach at Swindon Town and, most recently, assistant head coach to Russell Martin at Swansea City.

And our board of directors feel he is the perfect man to take us forward.

11 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Use of 5 substitutions allowed at steps 5 and 6 of non league next season.

Don’t really think it’s necessary at PL level, certainly isn’t needed in non league.

Most clubs at non league are lucky to have even 3 on a bench.

• 4 weeks later...