Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

5 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Gone backwards from last season ? I thought they might do a bit better this time had a decent finish to last season

Can't say it's been encourage pre season so far, well beaten by Stockport County and Doncaster Rovers. Had to come from behind to beat Atherstone Town, failed to beat West Brom under 23's and lose to Skeggy. The manager said during the summer he recruited some vital new coaching staff and said the team have never been so fit going into a new season. None of the new signings haven't set the world alight yet. Just hope these issue improve before the new season starts.

19 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Can't say it's been encourage pre season so far, well beaten by Stockport County and Doncaster Rovers. Had to come from behind to beat Atherstone Town, failed to beat West Brom under 23's and lose to Skeggy. The manager said during the summer he recruited some vital new coaching staff and said the team have never been so fit going into a new season. None of the new signings haven't set the world alight yet. Just hope these issue improve before the new season starts.

How was Damien McCrory for Nuneaton last season? Signed for Grantham recently and playing LWB.

5 hours ago, Tuna said:

How was Damien McCrory for Nuneaton last season? Signed for Grantham recently and playing LWB.

He missed most of last season due to injury, the season before he was pretty hit and miss. He would have one good game in about six. Certainly not consistent enough. 

19 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Billy Kee has left Coalville, taking a break from football. 
All the best to him.

Fair play to him, it's a big commitment and the club needs people that are gonna be able to commit themselves physically and mentally for the season. Fair play to him for calling it early doors and all the best to him. I've no doubt he'll still be down Owen street a fair bit this season as he seemed to be well integrated with the lads. 

Was personally hoping to see a Chambers/Berridge front 2 anyway as I think those two will be electric and could easily bang in 50+ between them over the season. Tendai and Chambers are exactly what we needed adding, new options for the front 4. Sign another defender and I'll be delighted.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Fair play to him, it's a big commitment and the club needs people that are gonna be able to commit themselves physically and mentally for the season. Fair play to him for calling it early doors and all the best to him. I've no doubt he'll still be down Owen street a fair bit this season as he seemed to be well integrated with the lads. 

Was personally hoping to see a Chambers/Berridge front 2 anyway as I think those two will be electric and could easily bang in 50+ between them over the season. Tendai and Chambers are exactly what we needed adding, new options for the front 4. Sign another defender and I'll be delighted.

I agree Tim and Chambers could be a lethal front 2.

The squad is looking pretty good, just a centre back needed and we’re looking really strong.

• Like 1

Hinckley have managed to win and more importantly put in a couple decent performances against Saffron Dynamo and Lichfield City, 3-1 and 6-5 respectively, very encouraging going forwards and new signing James Reid looks a good threat up top, however as was the story last season, the defence still looks very shaky and leaky, probably not helped by a prospective new centre half getting pulled before kick-off against Saffron with a warm-up injury! 

Season opener at home against Wolves Casuals in the FA Cup Extra Preliminary, a good start to the competitive season against a higher league opposition to really test where they’re at. 3pm kick-off on Sunday 7 August at Kirkby Road Ground in Barwell if anybody is already sick of Leicester an hour into the season!

On 05/08/2022 at 09:44, spacemunky said:

So much hope always to start the season. Hoping it's not destroyed by halftime, in the opener lol

Well, all good at the half. 

Langstaff looking great for us.

Now we just need to do something that's eluded us for many years...learn to close out the match.

Good win and performance for Coalville in a 3-0 win at Rushall.

Rushall started the game well but as soon as Coalville started playing they totally dominated the game and could of won by any score line in the end. Created loads of chances, the Rushall keeper had a good game.

Gooch had a great game for Coalville, was pretty much unplayable.

On to Alvechurch at home next week, which will be a tough one.

• Like 1

Went down to visit my mate and watched the Dulwich Hamlet game against Braintree yesterday, not a particularly exciting game but Dulwich came out 2-1 winners and were the better team overall. 

Sounds like Barwell played much better yesterday, let down by a red card for an off the ball incident at 1-0 up, cost them the match ultimately as it finished 2-1 Hitchin. Football sounds a lot better and they sound a lot more organised this season. Hopefully a respectable midtable finish if they carry on. 

Sounds like Coalville absolutely dominated today, honestly hard to see where the competition comes from this season. Unless something seriously goes wrong then it’s their season in my opinion.

Went to watch Grantham Town v Shildon, 3-1 win for Grantham with a penalty each and not a lot of quality on show apart from the 3rd goal from Ricky Miller a superb strike after coming on as a sub, club and squad seems poles apart from the Carlton Palmer shambles of last season, really should be expecting playoffs with the quality and experience of the squad.

Been on my arse with the worst flu/migraine/plague illness known to man for the last week but managed to crawl down to the Hinckley game today: 

Excellent win under the circumstances, still woefully understaffed at centre half but a great response to going 2 down after 6 minute against last year’s play off finalists. Game managed very well after the winner but their heads really dropped.

Will still be a tough season I think, and far from the finished product.

Coalville beat Alvechurch 4-1.

Didn’t turn up 1st half but blew them away with a superb 2nd half display. Luke shaw came on at at half time and changed the game. Alvechurch we’re a decent side though and will push for the play offs.

On to Mickleover on Tuesday 

• Like 1