Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

World Football Thread 2022/23

This section of Soccer Aid for Unicef grates on me. 'light your phones up to show children around the world we are here'. Coupled with mega-rich celebrities asking much less wealthier people to donate. Would love to know how much they donate too. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

This section of Soccer Aid for Unicef grates on me. 'light your phones up to show children around the world we are here'. Coupled with mega-rich celebrities asking much less wealthier people to donate. Would love to know how much they donate too. 

Agreed! Also, it never feels sincere when an actor asks you for money because it just feel like they're putting it on

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I know we'd all love to score at Old Trafford but I'm not sure I could celebrate like that after that goal lol

Not sure what's worse. The absolute shank of the shot or the goalkeeping lol

Eni Aluko really isn't likeable is she? Giving the ball away every time she has it, then having the audacity to throw her arms in the air and strop at the non pro players in a charity game. Also refusing to give the ball to Alex Brooker. 

Could do with taking a leaf out of the Ben Foster and David James book, just having a laugh and not taking it too seriously.

• Like 1

New Zealand refuse to come out after half time after racial abuse:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jun/20/new-zealand-fa-fifa-walk-off-alleged-racism-qatar

I see Ireland u-21 also abandoned their game after racial abuse.

I hope FIFA supports these actions and would do the same (or UEFA) if this was done in a professional competitive game.