Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

World Football Thread 2022/23

Messi going to play in the MLS is a real disappointment really.

He's got a couple more years in European football. I can't help but feel like he's given up a bit.

Would have been a better end to things to try the Premier League. A shame that he hasn't.

I've always thought he was the better player but to have not proven it in the Premier League leaves a question unanswered.

4 hours ago, foxile5 said:

He's got a couple more years in European football. I can't help but feel like he's given up a bit.

Would have been a better end to things to try the Premier League. A shame that he hasn't.

I've always thought he was the better player but to have not proven it in the Premier League leaves a question unanswered.

I really don't think Lionel Messi has to prove himself at this point. 

I'm just glad he didn't go for the Saudi cash grab.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, foxile5 said:

The commercial earnings could be immense in the US. Can't really blame him for wanting to avoid certain PL thugs who'd relish breaking his leg.

1 hour ago, SkidsFox said:

The commercial earnings could be immense in the US. Can't really blame him for wanting to avoid certain PL thugs who'd relish breaking his leg.

I think the MLS is more physical.  I agree the commercial aspect will be massive in the states.

19 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Not having this.

He doesn't need to prove himself by scoring a hat-trick against Bournemouth and turning Joe Worrall inside out at the City Ground.

He was first name and the biggest star on the teamsheet for arguably the best club side that's ever existed for a decade. He's been the best player in the world by a street in an era where Ronaldo was ridiculous. He's won everything he's set out to win. 

Anyone who doubts he's the best football player there's ever been because he 'nEvEr DiD iT oN a CoLd TuEsDay NiGht aT StOkE' doesn't get it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Must be one of the few what quite likes the idea of Messi playing in a league where second generation central and South American fans are currently filling out stadiums to decent atmospheres and a hugely competitive league. 

I don't think you're one of a few, the US is perfect for Messi.

3 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Phil Neville only out of work for 8 days, joined the coaching staff of the Canadian men’s international team, it’s a good life the management lark.

It’s way people aren’t that fussed about being sacked these days .

Another job around the corner in management or the media .

I mean we should know !

2 minutes ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

Ranieri’s Cagliari taking on Bari in the Serie B play-off final tonight, 1st leg in Sardinia ended 1-1. Full 58,000 sell out in Bari tonight.

Are there any streams for it?..

Edited by Wymsey

Anyone know why Spezia are playing Verona as a playoff in Serie A? 

They finished level on points, but H2H is usually used as a tiebreaker for the regular season, which Spezia were ahead on as they beat Verona in one game, and drew in the other. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

They finished level on points, but H2H is usually used as a tiebreaker for the regular season, which Spezia were ahead on as they beat Verona in one game, and drew in the other. 

Went on goals scored for some reason I believe. Both scored  31 

24 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If they’re tied on points it’s straight to a playoff now (for Relegation/Title etc), H2H, GD, Goals Scored go out the window

• Like 1