Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Derby County Away - Saturday 23rd July 1PM

Train fares are going up around match time. It was £4.60 return at one point. My tickets just cost me £7 something, but there are some return tickets that are over a tenner. Still cheap, but given cost of living, worth getting tickets now. 

I guess a lot will be driving, but a head up for those who aren’t.

On 12/07/2022 at 07:40, phoneticerror said:

Train fares are going up around match time. It was £4.60 return at one point. My tickets just cost me £7 something, but there are some return tickets that are over a tenner. Still cheap, but given cost of living, worth getting tickets now. 

I guess a lot will be driving, but a head up for those who aren’t.

The train I booked on has now gone up from £4.60 to £12.90. Still some fairly cheap ones knocking about though 

22 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

The train I booked on has now gone up from £4.60 to £12.90. Still some fairly cheap ones knocking about though 

Trains are going to be uncomfortable I reckon and reserved seating is gonna go out the window 

Edited by phoneticerror

3 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Anybody received theirs yet? Sevilla received today, but with this being over a week earlier, I’m surprised they haven’t been posted yet. 🤔 

Got mine today.

1 hour ago, l444ry said:

Where is the best pub/bar pre match near to the station?

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

The Brunswick

Correct, but you'll probably struggle if they have bouncers in the door.

Can try your luck with the Alex next door, or the Smithfield just along the river. Don't think they're as used to away fans popping by.

All big real ale gaffs so if you're not in colours just say you're not a football fan and didn't realise there was a game on. Has worked for me in the past.

• Like 1

On 13/07/2022 at 09:38, phoneticerror said:

Trains are going to be uncomfortable I reckon and reserved seating is gonna go out the window 

Happens every game for Midlands aways. Every man for himself seems to occur.

Forest, Peterborough were like sardines in a tin.

Even Sheff Utd a couple of years back was standing room only for those not on the train rapidly. 30° on that day & the aircon had packed up.

Rant over, it's still the easiest way to travel if you're going to sink a few beers.

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Anyone know of any street parking near the ground?

You can try your luck on Nottingham Road or the side streets off it. A new footbridge has opened from there over the A52 to the ground which seems to be very popular on matchdays. See their weird fans pre-match boozing at Toby Carvery there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Anyone know of any street parking near the ground?

Try dead man's lane where you can cut through for short walk to the ground. If not might as well pay a couple of quid and park in derby conference centre which is a minute walk away from The Navigation Inn pub.

• Thanks 1