Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Brazil January 8th

Far-right Bolsanaro supporters storm the Brazilian seat of power in echoes of Trump's January 6th insurrection.

Are we going to have this kind of kick off from right wingers whenever a country votes slightly left of center?

Where is all this public ire for the good?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jan/08/jair-bolsonaro-supporters-storm-brazils-presidential-palace-and-supreme-court?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

...is discussion of this topic allowed given the current rulings?

I'd like to know before speaking my piece on it.

We already know your take on it…

Right bad

Left good

:)

*said it complete jest, just to poke at you a little

Edited by marbles

I (we) have all been so worried about the ignorance demonstrated to climate change... we've not noticed the collapse of civilisation.

https://carnegieendowment.org/publications/interactive/protest-tracker

Active ...

Global Protest Tracker - Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.pdf

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

I (we) have all been so worried about the ignorance demonstrated to climate change... we've not noticed the collapse of civilisation.

https://carnegieendowment.org/publications/interactive/protest-tracker

Active ...

Global Protest Tracker - Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.pdf 386.39 kB · 1 download

Climate is only one of the factors leading to the end of the world, breakdown of social cohesion being another one of these. global institutions  have been noticing this for a long time, read the WEF risk report and you will see social factors are amongst the top risks. There is also an S and a G to ESG, it’s not all tree hugging and never has been

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

...is discussion of this topic allowed given the current rulings?

I'd like to know before speaking my piece on it.

What are the rulings on politics, as I’ve clearly missed this? 

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

No political discussion according to Mark, but what defines that seems to depend on context.

I thought this would be ripe for discussion on here; I can't imagine there are many rampant supporters or detractors for Bolsanaro. 

And, furthermore, it seems to speak to a wider political and societal unease that is beginning to start to quake.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I thought this would be ripe for discussion on here; I can't imagine there are many rampant supporters or detractors for Bolsanaro. 

And, furthermore, it seems to speak to a wider political and societal unease that is beginning to start to quake.

I don't disagree, but nor do I make, or enforce, the rules here.