Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

Leicester Comedy Festival 2023

Jo Brand was on TV a bit last week promoting it, but that's the only promotion I've seen, and I'd suggest appearing in Saturday Kitchen a few days before the start is little too late. Need drumming in months before it starts and needs to become something people become conscious of being roughly the same dates every year, like Edinburgh. It's the biggest comedy festival and should be celebrated and used to boost the city.

• Like 1

we're really shit at actually being positive about anything locally. 

It's endearing on a general level as I prefer it to jumped up load mouths like most Yorkshiremen but **** me it isn't half irritating when it impacts the potential of stuff like this. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lako42 said:

we're really shit at actually being positive about anything locally. 

It's endearing on a general level as I prefer it to jumped up load mouths like most Yorkshiremen but **** me it isn't half irritating when it impacts the potential of stuff like this. 

Midlanders are generally quote stoic and the opposite of self-aggrandising, Nottingham's the only exception lol 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Saw Stewart Lee this evening at De Montfort. On the top of his game. 

I'm hoping the show gets filmed at some point on the tour, with heavy heart I decided not to get tickets for this one as I need to cut back a bit.

Glad it was good.

There's a couple of things on at smaller venues with correspondingly smaller ticket prices I might go and see if I get my arse in gear 

2 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Was one of six in the crowd at the Sommer last night for their three acts. Not too bad, especially getting the VIP experience.

Bar manager was raging at the festival though, they'd balled up his listing/info on the website.

Good place too, will go back there, some great looking beers.

Have to disagree with Sommar as an experience, beer is all keg and tastes the same, especially the stuff from their own brewery. Also massively overpriced. Bar staff have very basic knowledge and are not proactive in recommending beers to customers. Decor is soulless. However, this is obviously just my opinion. Good for them trying to host some stuff though. Attendances for these sort of gigs have been poor so far I believe. Albeit we’re only on the third day of the festival.

Went to the Black Horse to see Jamie Hutchinson on Thursday night. It was billed as a Work in Progress, but it was genuinely one of the funniest comedy shows I’ve ever been to, so damn good.

Off to the Just the Tonic special tonight at Hanson Hall, that’s normally decent. 

Do wish they’d promote it more around the city, feel that you have to follow some sort of comedy club/act/event to see any of the advertising for it. 

• Like 2

On 11/02/2023 at 10:47, Orange seat said:

Went to the Black Horse to see Jamie Hutchinson on Thursday night. It was billed as a Work in Progress, but it was genuinely one of the funniest comedy shows I’ve ever been to, so damn good.

Off to the Just the Tonic special tonight at Hanson Hall, that’s normally decent. 

Do wish they’d promote it more around the city, feel that you have to follow some sort of comedy club/act/event to see any of the advertising for it. 

He's absolutely class, any podcast with him on is always a banker

• 5 months later...

Hi all

I have 2 tickets for Brian Butterfield at the Y Theatre in Sept. I've double booked myself as I'm on a stag do in Portugal, so can't make it. Looking to sell on for face value so I can see him in another city. Please PM me if you're interested. 

Thanks