Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

Leicester Comedy Festival 2023

29 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Not from Leicester and never heard of it - shouls be promoted a bit more nationally really as the line ups are decent.

Its exactly as you would expect being in  Leicester

Well and truly un-loved and under publicised. 

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

Starts on the 8th, Ought to have a thread for the biggest comedy festival in England.

https://comedy-festival.co.uk

Last year was the first time I went to any festival gigs, really enjoyed it. Interesting array of venues and the smaller acts are great value for money - lots of free or pay what you want events.

Seeing Jason Neale on the 9th at Manhattan 34.

7 acts for £7 was fantastic last year.

Anybody else going to anything?

The Just The Tonic ones are always good. I went to £20 acts for £20 and that was great, each act was only on for a max of 5 mins but worked really well.

I’m off to Fesshole live and an event at the Black Horse, they are always good as well.

On 01/02/2023 at 11:16, Libertine said:

Stew Lee next Friday at DMH.

Set is decent, not brilliant. There again I did take my wife who doesn’t understand comedy or find it funny so she ends up being a laugh black hole. She does enjoy it when people (mainly me) hurt themselves - the more painful and life changing, the harder she laughs. Odd woman.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Set is decent, not brilliant. There again I did take my wife who doesn’t understand comedy or find it funny so she ends up being a laugh black hole. She does enjoy it when people (mainly me) hurt themselves - the more painful and life changing, the harder she laughs. Odd woman.

I really enjoyed his last one (Snowflake/Tornado). He's been a bit up and down over the past few years IMO but always decent at least.

1 hour ago, Libertine said:

I really enjoyed his last one (Snowflake/Tornado). He's been a bit up and down over the past few years IMO but always decent at least.

I was wondering how he'd fill a set tbh given that anything building on stuff he's done before would just be going through the motions. Not his best, but still miles better than spending 30 seconds listening to Michael Mcintyre. 

48 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Not living in Leicester I don't really see it but is the Mercury pushing this?

The odd story every so often about where tickets are available for but nothing like what they should be doing for an event that has potential to bring £'s in to the city, not just from Leicestershire and the Midlands but further afield.

It's literally a no brainer for the council and businesses to promote Leicester but it feels like no one's bothered.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

The odd story every so often about where tickets are available for but nothing like what they should be doing for an event that has potential to bring £'s in to the city, not just from Leicestershire and the Midlands but further afield.

It's literally a no brainer for the council and businesses to promote Leicester but it feels like no one's bothered.

That's the thing. It has the potential to bring in loads of people from around the country if it's promoted right beyond Leicestershire - the same kind of people who spend a load more dough going up to Edinburgh every summer than they would in Leicester in February, even though there's lots of crossover with the acts they'd see.

• Like 2