Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcdan11

Man City (A)

38 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I don't think this will move unless Liverpool perform a miracle over Real. If it was to be moved it is a Saturday televised game. Probably 19:45 game.

Oh, I thought it may be Saturday 12:00? 

Saturday 19:45 and Sunday 16:00 aren't very appealing to me.

1 hour ago, coalvillefox said:

Will this make it to members do we think?

Only 500 gone so far, I think this has a very good chance of making members. Don't think people are currently too excited about the prospect of a hammering up there. Plus it's on TV and currently a Sunday afternoon with an outside chance it gets moved. If Man City go through tomorrow night, then a confirmed date will not be in place until Friday/Saturday.

34 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Only 500 gone so far, I think this has a very good chance of making members. Don't think people are currently too excited about the prospect of a hammering up there. Plus it's on TV and currently a Sunday afternoon with an outside chance it gets moved. If Man City go through tomorrow night, then a confirmed date will not be in place until Friday/Saturday.

I am also not keen on going all the way to Manchester to watch us get thumped, however, I went all the way to Southampton to watch us lose and it hasn't put me off yet and also, my son was really dissapointed he didn't get to see Haaland play at the KP so would really like to go and see him at the Etihad, plus we can tick it off the list of grounds we want to visit. What I will also add is that we have done reasonably well away at Man City in years gone by, the 5-2 game springs to mind and the 3-1 when we won the league.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, coalvillefox said:

I am also not keen on going all the way to Manchester to watch us get thumped, however, I went all the way to Southampton to watch us lose and it hasn't put me off yet and also, my son was really dissapointed he didn't get to see Haaland play at the KP so would really like to go and see him at the Etihad, plus we can tick it off the list of grounds we want to visit. What I will also add is that we have done reasonably well away at Man City in years gone by, the 5-2 game springs to mind and the 3-1 when we won the league.

We did get battered last season 6-3 as well as under Puel 5-1 remember. And it isn't a nice place to lose, I know all grounds aren't, but, be prepared for their fans to give it the big one. It is one of my favourite aways but don't end up near their fans!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

You've got to be pretty masochistic to go to this one - I doff my cap to all of those going to this one - I'll be behind the settee 

A weekend in Manchester is not to be sniffed at. I had a great day at the 5.30pm match when it p1ssed it down all day and we lost 5-1. I admire, but also pity, anyone that goes to the football solely to watch the football.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

A weekend in Manchester is not to be sniffed at. I had a great day at the 5.30pm match when it p1ssed it down all day and we lost 5-1. I admire, but also pity, anyone that goes to the football solely to watch the football.

That must have been some great day around the football to have enjoyed it so much around a 5 - 1 hammering. 

I went to QPR a few years ago and did a tour of London over 2 days and we lost 3 - 2 (last minute as well) and I think a 5 - 1 hammering would have still made it a great couple of days so I get your point.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Agreed. Over the years the actual game has often been the worst part of an away day. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, coalvillefox said:

Maybe I'm a bit boring but I only ever go just for the Football. Each to their own I guess

Same with me, I suppose in the young free and single days it would be different, but with a family life wherever I go is for the football only. It does get quite painful these days driving the distances for the quality on show.. some people think relegation battles are exciting.. it’s nervy as hell!! 

7 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Same with me, I suppose in the young free and single days it would be different, but with a family life wherever I go is for the football only. It does get quite painful these days driving the distances for the quality on show.. some people think relegation battles are exciting.. it’s nervy as hell!! 

Yep completely agree, 3 hours on the coach to Southampton with my 9 year old son and 3 hours back and straight to bed. Hated the result but loved the experience of going to a new away ground with my son, that's what I do it for, the experience and the memories. Glad I'm not the only one!

• Like 1