Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrSpaM

Diablo IV

I did Twisting Blades pre-S1. I'm levelling my seasonal character as dual core Rapid Fire / Flurry. 

TB was more fun to be honest, I will probably swap back, especially given TB is better at end game. 

I'm actually enjoying Season 1 to be honest. I accept literally all the criticisms, I think Blizzard's business practices are shady as hell and what they've done to the game in response to criticism is extremely poor. 

But I actually started to dislike the game towards the end of my initial levelling and progress through the story. It was just boring af, I was in world tier 1 as recommended for levelling / first play through and it was just boring as hell and I felt I was just rushing it to get to the end. 

Now I'm in world tier 2 and I'm not in any rush. I did the story skip version of the Season and so I'm just casually wandering round the map doing events, dungeons, exploring and taking my time and I actually don't care that it's slower. What's the point in rushing when the season is months? Idgaf about leader boards and I'm almost in a way glad that the season pass rewards are so pointlessly shit because I'm pretty much just ignoring them and enjoying the game. 

I feel like I'm finally having the Diablo experience I wanted from the start. 

Necro for me this season, certainly a change of pace from my druid who one shots everything, has three different sources of Unstoppable and is functionally unkillable. Does not feel great having no movement skills and the minions are made of tracing paper but apart from that it's alright, though bone spear is a bit boring and I'll be moving on once I start getting some decent aspects and gear.

On 16/07/2023 at 18:15, Suzie the Fox said:

Emote a 'hello' to a dog in town. :D <No spoilers lol> but its cute

Guys don't follow this advice it's a trap. Expect better from you Suzie tbh. 

I tried it and then got nothing else done for the next half hour. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Haha 1

Anyone having technical issues since S1 began? I have a brand new PC, runs everything like a charm. Since retail, D4 has worked for me with no problems/crashes. Since S1 dropped, I can't play for more than an hour without D4 crashing. Sometimes I just get booted to desktop, other times it's a full on crash (bluescreen, shutdown, etc.). 

Just now, Detroit Blues said:

Anyone having technical issues since S1 began? I have a brand new PC, runs everything like a charm. Since retail, D4 has worked for me with no problems/crashes. Since S1 dropped, I can't play for more than an hour without D4 crashing. Sometimes I just get booted to desktop, other times it's a full on crash (bluescreen, shutdown, etc.). 

It’s been ok for me on ps5 but read reports of similar issues to yours on pc. They’ve said there’s a patch on the way to address it 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

I've not had any problems, with excpetion of the stupid mount being slow af everytime i get on it, (worse in season.) But if you are having bluescreens, i would say thats a PC problem rather than a D4 specific one. Perhaps a part of your hardwear is on its way out and playing a new game is putting pressure on it and thus, blue screening? When you crash what does it say ? Have you googled the code, if it gives you one?

Started Nightmare dungeons last night, was way more fun on Sorceror and pre nerf but still had fun :D Very relieved to not come up against the Butcher yet.

34 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I've not had any problems, with excpetion of the stupid mount being slow af everytime i get on it, (worse in season.) But if you are having bluescreens, i would say thats a PC problem rather than a D4 specific one. Perhaps a part of your hardwear is on its way out and playing a new game is putting pressure on it and thus, blue screening? When you crash what does it say ? Have you googled the code, if it gives you one?

Started Nightmare dungeons last night, was way more fun on Sorceror and pre nerf but still had fun :D Very relieved to not come up against the Butcher yet.

My PC is brand new, and should be able to run D4 on max settings just fine. I have seen on the D4 forums a lot of similar complaints, with people much more technically institute saying that the game is crashing their PC. So far the crashes have been different in nature - At first it would just boot me to desktop. But I've had one blue screen, and one error where just everything froze and I had to manually power down. 

It's very frustrating because, technical difficulties aside, I have enjoyed D4 and the new season. I created a rogue with the penetrating shot build, and I feel like I am just obliterating everything in front of me. That said, I haven't played much because everytime I do, it's a couple crashes and then I give up. 

I ran into the Butcher once on my Barb before S1. I tried to fight him straight up and could not take him, so I resorted to running around a pillar and then just hitting him with my ult until he died lol

He has been buffed in the latest patches, so I definitely don't want to run into him now.

8 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

My PC is brand new, and should be able to run D4 on max settings just fine. I have seen on the D4 forums a lot of similar complaints, with people much more technically institute saying that the game is crashing their PC. So far the crashes have been different in nature - At first it would just boot me to desktop. But I've had one blue screen, and one error where just everything froze and I had to manually power down. 

It's very frustrating because, technical difficulties aside, I have enjoyed D4 and the new season. I created a rogue with the penetrating shot build, and I feel like I am just obliterating everything in front of me. That said, I haven't played much because everytime I do, it's a couple crashes and then I give up. 

I ran into the Butcher once on my Barb before S1. I tried to fight him straight up and could not take him, so I resorted to running around a pillar and then just hitting him with my ult until he died lol

He has been buffed in the latest patches, so I definitely don't want to run into him now.

Then that really sucks, i built a new PC in March it was like going from a Ford Fiesta to a bloody Porsche. :D I would be devastated if i wasnt able to play a new game due to crashes. I hope they can get that fixed for you.

Pre-season early game i ran into the Butcher in a bloody cellar of all places and he obliterated me, but later on like you when i bumped into him again, i kited him around and got my revenge, gear was aLOT more optimised then.   

Edit to add. Assume you have tried these steps? https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/diablo4-crash/#conflicts

Edited by Suzie the Fox

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Then that really sucks, i built a new PC in March it was like going from a Ford Fiesta to a bloody Porsche. :D I would be devastated if i wasnt able to play a new game due to crashes. I hope they can get that fixed for you.

Pre-season early game i ran into the Butcher in a bloody cellar of all places and he obliterated me, but later on like you when i bumped into him again, i kited him around and got my revenge, gear was aLOT more optimised then.   

Edit to add. Assume you have tried these steps? https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/diablo4-crash/#conflicts

Thanks! I will run through those and see if they help.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

So quick update - When I was perusing through my device drivers, I noticed an error on AMD PSP 11.0 (power failure). I checked around, and people with my motherboard B-650E-F have said they have the same issue. So I have rolled the device driver back to 10.0. 

We will see if that changes anything!

16 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

So quick update - When I was perusing through my device drivers, I noticed an error on AMD PSP 11.0 (power failure). I checked around, and people with my motherboard B-650E-F have said they have the same issue. So I have rolled the device driver back to 10.0. 

We will see if that changes anything!

Oh I really hope it’s sorted your problem. Will keep my fingers crossed 

23 minutes ago, lcfc matt said:

Wow thats some build you got there 

I foind levelling a necro so slow I gave up after 50 

I'm doing my twisting blades rogue I'm 42 already only done a few hours 

Gonna be honest, i dont really like necro, and 100% will change at some point, but levelling has been quite fast  :( Wish i'd gone rogue tbh. 42 in a few hours is really fast. 

Have you done the Nightmare dungeons yet? 

10 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Gonna be honest, i dont really like necro, and 100% will change at some point, but levelling has been quite fast  :( Wish i'd gone rogue tbh. 42 in a few hours is really fast. 

Have you done the Nightmare dungeons yet? 

At this moment I am still doing open world stuff.

I an doing seasonal content and still finishing off sidequests and renown stuff.

Now I'm coming upto 50 I may start to slow down but rogue seems to level really fast and the playstyle is so much fun as someone said previously.

I'm looking forward to doing nightmare dungeons.

• Like 1

I did a clean re-installation of the game, and couple with the updates, I was able to play an hour or two yesterday without any crashes. Fingers crossed that the issue is fixed.

I have a lvl 25 rogue and I feel like I'm playing the game on easy mode. We'll see how that changes as I level up and change world tiers. I went with the penetrating shot build for fun, and man is it satisfying to erase a giant pack with one shot. 

On 02/08/2023 at 17:28, Detroit Blues said:

I did a clean re-installation of the game, and couple with the updates, I was able to play an hour or two yesterday without any crashes. Fingers crossed that the issue is fixed.

I have a lvl 25 rogue and I feel like I'm playing the game on easy mode. We'll see how that changes as I level up and change world tiers. I went with the penetrating shot build for fun, and man is it satisfying to erase a giant pack with one shot. 

Really hope thats fixxed your problem.

I got to level 71 last night and boy, after 70 the levelling gets soooo slow, even playing in grp and using potions for extra XP. My bff who i play with is rogue and i am so jelly at his mobility, Necro has NOTHING and it takes ages getting anywhere in a dungeon. In a way i wish id stuck with Sorceror although i do like the damage output of Necro. Will be even better when they patch in the increase of mob density. 

10 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Really hope thats fixxed your problem.

I got to level 71 last night and boy, after 70 the levelling gets soooo slow, even playing in grp and using potions for extra XP. My bff who i play with is rogue and i am so jelly at his mobility, Necro has NOTHING and it takes ages getting anywhere in a dungeon. In a way i wish id stuck with Sorceror although i do like the damage output of Necro. Will be even better when they patch in the increase of mob density. 

I've heard that. The Rogue is just so fun, and so fast. The necro feels like playing at a glacial pace in comparison.

I started up a new necro to play with my friend last night (he just started S1). I'm enjoying having an army of skeletons, and I'm definitely going to try the non-meta approach of just going full summoner (rather than the bone spear / blood magic approach). So far it's been fun.

Also, another night of no crashes, so I think it's fixed... hopefully.

• Like 1

On 05/08/2023 at 09:22, lcfc matt said:

Has anyone done a rogue rapid fire or penetrating shot?

I've got a level 75 twisting blades which is great fun but I want to make a new character to try a new build.

I'm just unsure which to try next 🤔 

I am currently playing a penetratingly shot rogue (lvl 35), and it is a lot of fun. I basically charge in, drop the shadow clone that taunts to pull all the enemies in, and then hit the pack with the trickshot aspect enhanced, shadow or poison imbued penetrating shot and it just erases everything. It's very satisfying.   

2 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

I am currently playing a penetratingly shot rogue (lvl 35), and it is a lot of fun. I basically charge in, drop the shadow clone that taunts to pull all the enemies in, and then hit the pack with the trickshot aspect enhanced, shadow or poison imbued penetrating shot and it just erases everything. It's very satisfying.   

That sounds very different to my twisting blades build thank you for you reply I will give that build a try this evening.

I'm amazed how fast you can level up a rogue they are so much fun and great to run through content.

Thanks again for your reply its been a good help 🙂 

5 minutes ago, lcfc matt said:

That sounds very different to my twisting blades build thank you for you reply I will give that build a try this evening.

I'm amazed how fast you can level up a rogue they are so much fun and great to run through content.

Thanks again for your reply its been a good help 🙂 

Oh, no problem. This is the guide I have been using - https://maxroll.gg/d4/build-guides/penetrating-shot-rogue-leveling-guide