Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrSpaM

Diablo IV

5 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I pre-ordered it but trying to refrain from playing the beta. :D A few of my friends have been playing it and so far have loved it.

I was worried it wouldnt be as good as all the hype, but seems it really will be worth the purchase.

I've been having a great time with the Beta, really don't wanna wait two and half months for the game to drop now :blush:

• Haha 1

I'm going to predict that it will launch with insufficient server capacity/infrastructure and no one will be able to login etc.

Have the microtransactions revealed themselves yet, or do you think they will wait for decent reviews to roll in and then patch in the pay2win stuff after a couple of weeks?

33 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I'm going to predict that it will launch with insufficient server capacity/infrastructure and no one will be able to login etc.

Have the microtransactions revealed themselves yet, or do you think they will wait for decent reviews to roll in and then patch in the pay2win stuff after a couple of weeks?

It doesn't look like it's going to have anything that's pay2win tbh, it has a battle pass but it's purely cosmetic items. The only thing that seems remotley pay2win is that you get to start the game 4 days early if you buy the deluxe edition

And hopefully with them having a beta it'll mean they have a good idea of server capacity before it launches

Edited by MrSpaM

9 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

:giggle:

Joking aside, most of the beta ratings are putting it at a steady 6/10.

Dumbed down for consoles, clearly. Repetitive dungeons, bound account items (STILL!), voice acting is eeeeeeh, and my personal hate is the monster scaling, eww.

Game looks pretty though, dark like a diablo should be. Skill tree is basic but at least there unlike d3. Storyline seems decent enough.

Longetivity will come down to end game/pvp I think, but so far, nothing suggests this should be a £60 game when PoE exists.

On 25/03/2023 at 11:22, Legend_in_blue said:

It plays well on PS5.  I reckon I will be getting this early days.  Diablo 3 was ok but this feels more in tune with the older games and the Baldur's Gate titles which is great imo.  

Enjoyed it on the ps5 too. Love Balders gate so much, hope it plays well on the ps5 can't wait for that

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/04/2023 at 15:50, Detroit Blues said:

I'm really excited for D4, but I have been avoiding playing the beta. From the people who have played so far, any favorite classes? 

Usually play barbarian but found it to be a bit sucky if youre playing solo. I really liked necromancer and druid so will run those two when game is out

• Thanks 1

On 13/04/2023 at 15:50, Detroit Blues said:

I'm really excited for D4, but I have been avoiding playing the beta. From the people who have played so far, any favorite classes? 

I also usually play Barb, but this time went for Wizard (sorcerer)... seemed pretty strong in Beta

Edited by Suzie the Fox

• 4 weeks later...

I played last night had to start new characters played with druid and Rogue.

They seem to have done some major nurfs but they did advertise they were doing so.

Played a good few hours seems good so far looking forward to full release date.

• 3 weeks later...

Much better effort than diablo 3.

Storyline is absolute wank though. Zero reason to get the mount so late considering the amount of time you are just walking from point a to b. And it's a diablo game... Without diablo? Most other bosses seem to randomly make an appearance but the boss the game is named after is nowhere to be seen, odd decision from the devs. Must be saving it for that sweet expansion money. 

Gameplay is pretty good for the most part and challenging enough. And the game feels polished, which is pretty incredible considering some of the messes that have been released this year. 

Just doesn't push any boundaries at all and firmly sits in the ARPG cookie cutter sphere. 

Will go with the diablo fan general consensus of 6/10 I think. And pray that after spending some more time at end game it might raise that bar slightly. 

58 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Was about to go for this but..... its expensive isn't it?

Quite, I was going to pull the trigger recently and thought I might actually wait a while and hope for an offer somewhere. Hyrule rather than Sanctuary for me for now

Finished the campaign last night, last 2 acts with the cinematics were amazing. Solid 10/10. Buillt a new PC earlier in the year so playing everything in high settings. The graphics and finer detail on some of the stuff is really really good.

Nerfs have hit Sorceror preety hard i see and my friend who is playing Rogue is crazy OP. So i guess they need a little fine tuning there. (May change higher level and better gear though)

The paragon system is way better than in D3, but takes a bit of getting used too and i'm still unsure on which stats are going to be best for me.

Overall i think its worth the money and i'm still only level 54, so plenty more to see and do. Definitly recomend to anyone who liked the previous games.

• Like 1

On 05/06/2023 at 08:34, Innovindil said:

Much better effort than diablo 3.

Storyline is absolute wank though. Zero reason to get the mount so late considering the amount of time you are just walking from point a to b. And it's a diablo game... Without diablo? Most other bosses seem to randomly make an appearance but the boss the game is named after is nowhere to be seen, odd decision from the devs. Must be saving it for that sweet expansion money. 

Gameplay is pretty good for the most part and challenging enough. And the game feels polished, which is pretty incredible considering some of the messes that have been released this year. 

Just doesn't push any boundaries at all and firmly sits in the ARPG cookie cutter sphere. 

Will go with the diablo fan general consensus of 6/10 I think. And pray that after spending some more time at end game it might raise that bar slightly. 

Disagree on the storyline, i thought it was really well written, especially last 2 acts :( 

You can get the mount really early if you do the campaign, think you just need to complete act 3, friend got it in the mid 20's level. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a complete Diablo noob coming at this from a WoW background. So someone help me out with Seasons here because the concept sounds mad. 

You make a whole new character to do the Season then at the end it transfers back to the main realm. OK. 

But does it transfer back with any of its own, unique, per-character bonuses that it acquired from the seasonal play or will everything just be account bound perks like transmog etc? 

Reason I ask is that I'm really enjoying my rogue at the moment and to be honest I'd like to keep playing rogue for a while yet, I've only just got the game and I don't feel the desire to start another class yet. So is it a complete waste / utterly pointless to make the exact same class during the seasons too or is that a normal thing people do? Idk. It's all a bit bonkers to me. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I'm a complete Diablo noob coming at this from a WoW background. So someone help me out with Seasons here because the concept sounds mad. 

You make a whole new character to do the Season then at the end it transfers back to the main realm. OK. 

But does it transfer back with any of its own, unique, per-character bonuses that it acquired from the seasonal play or will everything just be account bound perks like transmog etc? 

Reason I ask is that I'm really enjoying my rogue at the moment and to be honest I'd like to keep playing rogue for a while yet, I've only just got the game and I don't feel the desire to start another class yet. So is it a complete waste / utterly pointless to make the exact same class during the seasons too or is that a normal thing people do? Idk. It's all a bit bonkers to me. 

No one is entirely sure how seasons are going to work right now. But if its like d2 and 3 then it'll be your character turns to non-ladder/non-season at the end of the season. You can still play it as you do now you just won't get the benefits of what the new season brings. Most people just make a new character for each season but play non-seasonal characters for pvp and the like. At least they did in d2. Seasons pretty much work to introduce new content and give the try hards a race to first max level. :D

I've stopped playing now and will just make a new character at season start. Seems pointless to carry on in what is essentially a paid beta. Hopefully the first season brings the balance changes that are needed in. Should be fun. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I was also a WoW player back when i started D3 (still am actually) and the whole creating a new character every season seemed really odd. But once you get into it and gear up, and are smashing end game stuff it gets tedious so with a new season you get to try something else (if you want, i always just created another Barb lol.) Also with season characters you can pitch yourself against others on the leaderboards (bit like wow arena) which i enjoyed.

Like Innovindil says, seasons for D4 are a little unknown yet, but from the little i have read it probably will be similar to D3 where you play a character for the season and then when the following season comes you can continue with that player as a non-season char or create a new one to play new season with.

Rogue is in a good spot atm, considering swapping to one when season comes out.  

• Thanks 1