Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrSpaM

Diablo IV

15 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

A friend of a friend said he quit playing this because he had enough of having to kill Elias(?) over and over again....

There's a lot of people in the community atm moaning about a lack of things to do at end game. These people have pretty weird expectations tbf, they've raced to max level, completed the game and Season 1 isn't even out yet. Not sure what they're quite expecting. The Diablo devs response made me chuckle, it's basically "erm, just play another game for a bit?" Which I like. I mean it's not like it's a subscription service game.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

There's a lot of people in the community atm moaning about a lack of things to do at end game. These people have pretty weird expectations tbf, they've raced to max level, completed the game and Season 1 isn't even out yet. Not sure what they're quite expecting. The Diablo devs response made me chuckle, it's basically "erm, just play another game for a bit?" Which I like. I mean it's not like it's a subscription service game.

I buy very few games when they're new, so D4 can wait for a while...  (And even less when they're in Early Access...  TBH, I can only think of one game in the latter category, and that's Star Valor.)

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Used to get something similar in Destiny. People would hoard bounties that granted xp in the weeks leading up to a new season, cash them in day 1 and no life it for three weeks then moan as it's done. 

Didn't the devs say only something like 15% of payers had even finished the D4 campaign? Always the minority of shouty try-hards that whine.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Used to get something similar in Destiny. People would hoard bounties that granted xp in the weeks leading up to a new season, cash them in day 1 and no life it for three weeks then moan as it's done. 

Didn't the devs say only something like 15% of payers had even finished the D4 campaign? Always the minority of shouty try-hards that whine.

Yeah basically every single MMO or MMO-like gets this. People racing to "finish" the content as soon as possible and then complaining that there's nothing to do. 

I sorta get it with subscription mmos because you're paying for the right to keep your account going but even then I prefer attitudes like Yoshi P saying "we're quite happy for people to suspend their account, go away and come back when there's a new expansion" over Blizzard with WoW constantly tripping over themselves to keep people addicted. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

There's a lot of people in the community atm moaning about a lack of things to do at end game. These people have pretty weird expectations tbf, they've raced to max level, completed the game and Season 1 isn't even out yet. Not sure what they're quite expecting.

That sounds SO Destiny lol

On 12/07/2023 at 11:30, Finnegan said:

It's not really people moaning tbh

I have been looking forward to this game for years, but when you hit level 50, there is literally nothing to do other than the same nightmare dungeon grind over and over and over again, and you stop receiving items that make you any stronger until you hit level 80, which takes weeks for a casual player, weeks of doing nothing but grinding the same dungeon over and over again. This isn't fun

This totally wouldn't be a problem if the items scaled to your level when they dropped like in past games, which is why people are complaining. The itemization is completely broken

This was my most anticipated game this year and I've already lost interest in it after getting a character to level 70, I just can't be bothered with the grind any more. And this is coming from somebody that spent 2000 hours playing Elder Scrolls Online

I will most likely try the new season when it releases and you have to start a new character, but I'm in no way motivated to get any characters to max level, I feel like it's a waste of my time

Edited by MrSpaM

On 12/07/2023 at 12:20, Finnegan said:

Yeah basically every single MMO or MMO-like gets this. People racing to "finish" the content as soon as possible and then complaining that there's nothing to do. 

I sorta get it with subscription mmos because you're paying for the right to keep your account going but even then I prefer attitudes like Yoshi P saying "we're quite happy for people to suspend their account, go away and come back when there's a new expansion" over Blizzard with WoW constantly tripping over themselves to keep people addicted. 

Was exactly the same with New World and Destiny. 

Full of speakers on Twitter whose jobs it is to play video games, crying "tHeRe Is No CoNtEnT" despite pumping in 140 hours in the first week of release lol

And tbf most MMO developers structure end game activity all wrong. The key to end game activity is replayability of content and rewards. Typically relies in RNG, but if you're an MMO player you'll expect it. 

I'm naturally bias, but Old School Runescape does this brilliantly. Better than any MMO on the market IMO.

16 hours ago, Daggers said:

I’m of the opinion that ‘seasons’ shouldn’t exist in any game.

In this game I'm inclined to agree. There's no leader board so no race to 100. No open trading so no rush to grind gear. And having to re-do renown related bull is going to drive off most of the casuals. 

For diablo 2 on the hand, it's the only reason the game lasted as long as it did. Nothing quite like busting out a few redbulls to start the ladder at 1 in the morning and chatting shit with 7 other nutters on discord all day. 

On 15/07/2023 at 11:06, Innovindil said:

In this game I'm inclined to agree. There's no leader board so no race to 100. No open trading so no rush to grind gear. And having to re-do renown related bull is going to drive off most of the casuals. 

For diablo 2 on the hand, it's the only reason the game lasted as long as it did. Nothing quite like busting out a few redbulls to start the ladder at 1 in the morning and chatting shit with 7 other nutters on discord all day. 

At least you dont have to do the exploration and Liliths bs again, just dungeons, waypoints and side quests. I actually enjoyed the side quests and was disappointed when i had completed them all 

Lmaoaaaaao Blizzard. 

"Guys everyone is saying they've run out of things to do in the game, er, we don't have any more content to give them and Season 1 is starting, what should we do?" 

"Hmm, nerf literally everything so it takes longer to complete?" 

"Jenkins you're a genius."

lol lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Lmaoaaaaao Blizzard. 

"Guys everyone is saying they've run out of things to do in the game, er, we don't have any more content to give them and Season 1 is starting, what should we do?" 

"Hmm, nerf literally everything so it takes longer to complete?" 

"Jenkins you're a genius."

lol lol

Really does sound like Destiny.

"But it's fun being OP".... Nerf

58 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Already ran a barb, reckon I'm gonna try rogue for season. Should be fun :D

I did a barrage rogue non seasonal it was  great fun.

Apparently twisted blades is supposed to the most fun so that will be my build this season

On 21/07/2023 at 12:58, lcfc matt said:

I did a barrage rogue non seasonal it was  great fun.

Apparently twisted blades is supposed to the most fun so that will be my build this season

Twisting blades by far the best spec, can be a little squishy but the damage output is insane. (Source; watching my bff play in Nm dungeons tonight at level 41) :D 

6 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Twisting blades by far the best spec, can be a little squishy but the damage output is insane. (Source; watching my bff play in Nm dungeons tonight at level 41) :D 

I have been playing ice shard sorcerer since launch and it's such a shame its so squishy because I really enjoy it.

I really want to do rogue but really want to do barb for season 1 to I am so torn between the 2.

I just can't decide which to choose first 😕 

• Like 1