Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Depends whether we completely bottle the last ten minutes. It's not rugby.

We played brilliantly but couldn't finish for shit and there's every sign we crumble under pressure. Not sure I fancy us when the pressure is on tbh.

We'll probably scrape up, and if I think ahead beyond that I'd be really concerned.

I think we're an excellent footballing side but we have zero bottle as the games against Ipswich, Cov and Leeds would suggest.

We ain't Tottenham Hotspur, we will be fine.

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Depends on how many of the games you want to contribute to the overall total.

We had an excellent start, that's helped. We are one of the 4 best sides in the league beyond that once everyone got their squad together, sadly only 3 get promoted and we look shite under pressure. The one silver lining is old Brussel appears to be wilting.

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

You watched us in the last 3 years? More spursy than spurs!

Well under Rodgers we was shit but we still are not spursy level shit.

Rodgers took us down last season along with a couple of players who didn't give a shit (Youri, Madders)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

i wouldnt say its crap, its not like we havent won against any of them, 

I'd honestly be more concerned if we was awful in all the games against the top 6, but we havent been, football is a game of fine margins and frankly against the top 6 sides, as with last night we came out on the wrong side of it

perspective is needed from some LCFC fans on here; 

like Daka missing that chance yesterday, moaning to hilt for that but then forgetting the sitter Vardy had last weekend and blazed over.

still loads of points to play for, after last night we showed Leeds arent invincible, they have tough games to come, as do all the teams in the top 4

Also worth noting, this was their biggest game of the season, on a great run, unbeaten at home and, despite some decent but ineffective stuff early on and some lucky goals, they were fortunate to get the result and looked to have completely bottles it whilst we literally ran through them.

The motivation in their 'easy' games won't be so easy to come by, and the longer that winning run goes on the harder it'll be and the more the pressure will be.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

We ain't Tottenham Hotspur, we will be fine.

Our record in big games hasn’t massively improved though. Bottled it last night, bottled it at Coventry. In fact, we haven’t beat Leeds or Ipswich this season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Well under Rodgers we was shit but we still are not spursy level shit.

Rodgers took us down last season along with a couple of players who didn't give a shit (Youri, Madders)

Same lot are still here. And in big games this year we've given up several leads. It's all very spursy.

• Like 1

Just now, Fox92 said:

Our record in big games hasn’t massively improved though. Bottled it last night, bottled it at Coventry. In fact, we haven’t beat Leeds or Ipswich this season.

We didn't bottle it we just missed some key chances, and the linesman helped as well.

If we don't win the league or get promoted then I grant you the term bottled it but until then we are top 6 points clear with 12 games to go. 

Have some faith.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

We had an excellent start, that's helped. We are one of the 4 best sides in the league beyond that once everyone got their squad together, sadly only 3 get promoted and we look shite under pressure. The one silver lining is old Brussel appears to be wilting.

Right now the 2 sides who opted for possession football are having poor form. I've seen Southampton's last few games and even those they won they were poor.  Out of the top 4, Leeds do currently look the best (:blink:) although I still maintain we outplayed them yesterday (i know - results blah blah blah).  Ipswich annoy me. Was flicking between Southampton and Ipswich today and Birmingham should have got something out of that.

All of the top 4 have dropped points in them.  Us and Southampton are currently wilting, but form is temporary and I would be shocked if both Leeds and Ipswich both don't drop something along the way.

15 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Not to Ipswich and Southampton though..  for the title it is a little touch and go but when it comes to two teams overtaking us when 6 ahead with 12 to play we need a collapse like we have never had before. To not win the title though from our position would obviously be disappointing, but let’s just ensure promotion first and then worry about Leeds 

Not being funny but in 2 of the 3 seasons gone we suffered much worse collapses. 14 points clear of 5th with 12 to play wasn’t it? Not saying that will happen this season but it did happen 2 seasons running and the season after we got relegated so I can totally understand why people are pessimistic and I’d be lying if I wasn’t worried about it myself as a lot of that squad is still here. I hope beyond hope and believe we will go up automatically but we can’t be sure of anything.

• Like 4

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

We didn't bottle it we just missed some key chances, and the linesman helped as well.

If we don't win the league or get promoted then I grant you the term bottled it but until then we are top 6 points clear with 12 games to go. 

Have some faith.

For me, conceding three in the last 10 mins is bottling the game. It’s exactly what we did under Rodgers time after time.

I have faith because our squad is more than good enough of getting points out of the likes of QPR and Millwall. It’s the big games that concern me, it’s players failing to deliver in big moments that concerns me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Right now the 2 sides who opted for possession football are having poor form. I've seen Southampton's last few games and even those they won they were poor.  Out of the top 4, Leeds do currently look the best (:blink:) although I still maintain we outplayed them yesterday (i know - results blah blah blah).  Ipswich annoy me. Was flicking between Southampton and Ipswich today and Birmingham should have got something out of that.

All of the top 4 have dropped points in them.  Us and Southampton are currently wilting, but form is temporary and I would be shocked if both Leeds and Ipswich both don't drop something along the way.

Momentum is massive in football. Stranger things have happened than us ****ing this up.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

This were top of the league stuff is delusional. All that separates us is a better start. We're not top 2 in the last 20. Unfortunately the players seem to be drinking this koolaid too.

Screenshot_20240224_185934_Chrome.jpg

I think what you're trying to say is that we aren't by far the best team in the league, going to piss it etc that we have been caught up in. It's becoming a bit closer than that and there's a lot still left to get this done.

Our 13 wins from the first 14 games should not be dismissed over teams points return in other phases of the season, what we did was incredible. But over the remaining 12 games, there's now a much smaller margin of error than there was and that cannot be underestimated. 

This club has thrown away massive leads before, it would be no surprise we did it again as there's something so chaotic about us both sublime and ridiculous.

However I'm still confident we do it but we aren't the best team this division has ever seen without giving our heads a wobble and improving our mentality and ruthlessness significantly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Discounting the last two games, of course!!

Nonsense.  The way we played against Leeds, 99 times out of 100 that's a comfortable win.  It's not every game you have a legit goal disallowed, or concede a late deflected goal - the odds on both those happening (twice with the deflection) in one game must be off the scale.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

For me, conceding three in the last 10 mins is bottling the game. It’s exactly what we did under Rodgers time after time.

I have faith because our squad is more than good enough of getting points out of the likes of QPR and Millwall. It’s the big games that concern me, it’s players failing to deliver in big moments that concerns me.

It's fine margins, we can't expect to win every game, we are top of the league and have been all season we have bounced back from defeats and are still top we haven't bottled anything yet.

Luckily for you there is only one more big game left... we have beat Southampton 4-1, and should have took 6 points off Ipswich but they got two 90th minute lucky goals. nothing about bottling 

Edited by whoareyaaa

3 hours ago, iancognito said:

Hull. Best of the rest and were the first ones to figure us out and do a number on us down here. Rate Rosenior highly, gets the best from his team and Carvalho was an inspired signing.

Aside from that I reckon we could get 9 wins and two draws.

Oh yeah, the way they figured us out by knowing that if they let us have 21 shots, one would hit the woodwork one would be a save and the other 19 would be missed or blocked.  Yes, and the tactical master class of kicking the ball at the defender from outside the box and knowing it would deflect in.  Yes, by god, they had us figured out.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think what you're trying to say is that we aren't by far the best team in the league, going to piss it etc that we have been caught up in. It's becoming a bit closer than that and there's a lot still left to get this done.

Our 13 wins from the first 14 games should not be dismissed over teams points return in other phases of the season, what we did was incredible. But over the remaining 12 games, there's now a much smaller margin of error than there was and that cannot be underestimated. 

This club has thrown away massive leads before, it would be no surprise we did it again as there's something so chaotic about us both sublime and ridiculous.

However I'm still confident we do it but we aren't the best team this division has ever seen without giving our heads a wobble and improving our mentality and ruthlessness significantly.

****ing hell Ric you've dug me out of a hole here. Yes 👍 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Not being funny but in 2 of the 3 seasons gone we suffered much worse collapses. 14 points clear of 5th with 12 to play wasn’t it? Not saying that will happen this season but it did happen 2 seasons running and the season after we got relegated so I can totally understand why people are pessimistic and I’d be lying if I wasn’t worried about it myself as a lot of that squad is still here. I hope beyond hope and believe we will go up automatically but we can’t be sure of anything.

That is true and I didn’t count that because it was the PL and 5th was still very respectable. I’m saying it would be the worst collapse to not get promoted. because let’s face it we should be, so not to do so would be devastating from this position. In a sense finishing 2nd would be the equivalent of the 5th place collapse… reasonable as most would have taken that, just like 5th. So yes for me not to get promoted would be our biggest collapse 

3 hours ago, PrecociousFox93 said:

They’re in form and feel like they can beat everyone but the run will end soon, just like Southampton’s. We’ll also hit a run of form soon. 

You can't help but feel it was all building up to the game with us - now the real work for Leeds starts.

Suddenly, there's a lot of pressure and expectation on them. And we saw against us that defensively they are bang average.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

They have a Yorkshire Derby next after there game against Chelsea.. Huddersfield could quite easily get something they are fighting to stay up 

Exactly, even a draw could be costly for Leeds, right now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RearsbyFox said:

Yeah. We need a response when we play QPR because after them we have Hull Sunderland Southampton Bristol City and Norwich. Tough games with the pressure of a slender lead at the top. If we are going to stay in top of the mountain we can't afford to be bothered by the wind. Leeds and Ipswich have easier run ins than we do. 

I think we'll see that.  After the rather flat performance against Boro, we certainly responded against Leeds.  Sure it didn't pan out great, but we came out determined to win and played like we were bound to do so.

2 hours ago, RearsbyFox said:

No points for playing well.  And if we can't score we arent playing that well. 

Toi be fair, technically we scored 3 goals in the Leeds game!

But, joking aside, we scored twice away to a team unbeaten at home, and who had only conceded 11 goals in 17 matches - not our fault that one was disallowed.

• Like 2