Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

So this might be a bit raw, but we need to kick off the tread for next season.

We’ll be in the Championship for the first time in years, along with 23 other teams who will be scrapping to get out.

We now know where the land lies and 23 of the teams and the season kicks off in 68 days, on Friday 4th August.

Strap in everyone, it’s going to be a bumpy ride and let’s try and get back out of this league straight away! …. Preferably, via Promotion! 

Edited by Sly
  • Like 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

I’m just going to refuse to accept it’s happened. And hope we somehow get out of it straight away. I won’t cheer a goal, I won’t look forward to any games. It’s a living nightmare we just need to get out of it as soon as possible… we need to spend a lot of money and try and build a team that will piss it, and 90% of it will be able to perform in the premier league. 

Fulham are a good example for me, they built a squad that got out of that league first time of asking, and then managed to do fairly well this season. 

The only way Top can make up for this absolute **** fest of a season. 

100% this needs to be the mentality.

Just now, Steve_Walsh5 said:

People think we will do a Burnley are in for a big shock. We’ll be stuck down here for years.

No reason why not, if we raise about £200m in funds we need to reinvest it properly. 

But, I am inclined to agree with you. We’ve got to…

Sort out the rifts in the board,

Appoint a new manager,

Replace 8 players leaving on a free, and then the others we have to sell. 
Get it all done in what, a few months? 

Never happening. 

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’m just going to refuse to accept it’s happened. And hope we somehow get out of it straight away. I won’t cheer a goal, I won’t look forward to any games. It’s a living nightmare we just need to get out of it as soon as possible… we need to spend a lot of money and try and build a team that will piss it, and 90% of it will be able to perform in the premier league. 

Fulham are a good example for me, they built a squad that got out of that league first time of asking, and then managed to do fairly well this season. 

The only way Top can make up for this absolute **** fest of a season. 

Refusing to accept what has happened is the way to stay down. It is a different league and competition, and we do need to adjust. Immediate promotion is possible, but unlikely as we have a lot of rebuilding to do.

Sure, fairweather fans who believe that football begins and ends in the PL may well piss off, but some of us have supported in the Championship and below before. It is character building. Relegation is shit, but not the end of the line for me and City. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

No reason why not, if we raise about £200m in funds we need to reinvest it properly. 

But, I am inclined to agree with you. We’ve got to…

Sort out the rifts in the board,

Appoint a new manager,

Replace 8 players leaving on a free, and then the others we have to sell. 
Get it all done in what, a few months? 

Never happening. 

We are club that don’t seem to be able to work on more than one signing at a time. We’ll have to get in at least 10 new players no way can this board manage to work on that many deals in 10 weeks. That’s without finding a manager and back room staff. All whilst the director of football and chief executives places should be under threat. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxinsox said:

Refusing to accept what has happened is the way to stay down. It is a different league and competition, and we do need to adjust. Immediate promotion is possible, but unlikely as we have a lot of rebuilding to do.

Sure, fairweather fans who believe that football begins and ends in the PL may well piss off, but some of us have supported in the Championship and below before. It is character building. Relegation is shit, but not the end of the line for me and City. 

I didn’t say it was the end for me. I can still go to the games and not accept this situation. We’ve been here in the past, but it’s been down to a lack of quality, this is down to pure negligence, and this I can’t accept. I care far too much about this club to see if frivolously throw away a decade of progression and hard work all because the board haven’t got a ****ing clue what they’re doing. 

We were apparently the pin up of how to be a football club….

My personal outlook in competition has always been to strive to be the best, no matter what… and if you’re up there to strive to maintain it. I think it’s perfectly reasonable to not be satisfied with what is happening. 

But I’m not going to say I’ll look forward to the championship, because I won’t, it’s ****ing shit. I’ll still go and watch the team, but I will be expecting then to put right what’s gone wrong. I expect them to put it right.

• Thanks 2

We will be no 1 target for a lot of teams who will see us a scalp 

unless we have a v strong team and decent back up (2 games a week will be a shock for a lot of them ) we will find it v tough. Get the coach right and do a good job on sales/recruitment and we could bounce back comfortably- but the attitude has to be spot on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1