Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

13 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Because they don’t crumble at the end of games, and actually have a quality squad to choose from? Just because we started off better, doesn’t mean we’re a better team now. Ipswich and Leeds play with no fear. We are held hostage by fear. That will be what stops us.

Just as a game is played to the whistle, the season starts in August and ends in May… let’s see who is the better come May. I will also add that Ipswich struggled to win games for a while and Southampton have lost 3 of the last 4 so even taking that small sample.. to overturn 6 points yet alone 11 for Southampton is going to be very tough for Ipswich and Southampton 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Just now, moore_94 said:

Such a shame that even if we do win the league we will still have to give the trophy to Leeds... right?

Yeah because we had an excellent start so those points get taken off. It’s unfair because Leeds hadn’t hit their purple patch at the time 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Haha 1

As my Uncle Stan always said having all your bird eggs to hand in the same bush is worth 3 in the basket, points can't be taken away (unless you're Everton), yes there's more to do and different clubs are on different current form trajectories but the solid points count more than the forecasted ones. 

Hull away and WBA at home will be far from "routine" wins as they're trying to be around the play off's, and Southampton will require better game management from everyone than we've seen in the Ipswich and Leeds games but I wouldn't swap positions and fixture lists with any of the others around, sorry behind, us.

46 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

This were top of the league stuff is delusional. All that separates us is a better start. We're not top 2 in the last 20. Unfortunately the players seem to be drinking this koolaid too.

Screenshot_20240224_185934_Chrome.jpg

It’s not delusional though is it? It’s an actual fact. lol 

It’s a 46 game season, not a last 21 games played season. With 34/46 games played, we are top of the league. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I know it’s all about promotion but if we lose out on the title to Leeds I swear I’ll feel as sick as I did after Rodger’s relegated us lol

I know for the club in terms of sustainability and money etc we just have to get up at the first time of asking but emotionally it’s nowhere near the same feeling right now as it felt under Pearson and O’Neil, if anything I wish we could just earn the same cash, stay here and try to win this every season lol 

Edited by EastAnglianFox

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Badly phrased by me. Its a simplistic argument. The 20 game form table has us off, the 10 game one has us even further off. 

Not to Ipswich and Southampton though..  for the title it is a little touch and go but when it comes to two teams overtaking us when 6 ahead with 12 to play we need a collapse like we have never had before. To not win the title though from our position would obviously be disappointing, but let’s just ensure promotion first and then worry about Leeds 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

We'll be fine 🫡

Oh and it's 'you're'.

Question for you - if we perform as well as we did last night for every remaining game, and don’t get any perfectly good goals ruled out, do you think we go up automatically?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blarmy said:

Question for you - if we perform as well as we did last night for every remaining game, and don’t get any perfectly good goals ruled out, do you think we go up automatically?

Depends on how many of the games you want to contribute to the overall total.

Just now, Blarmy said:

Depends whether we completely bottle the last ten minutes. It's not rugby.

We played brilliantly but couldn't finish for shit and there's every sign we crumble under pressure. Not sure I fancy us when the pressure is on tbh.

We'll probably scrape up, and if I think ahead beyond that I'd be really concerned.

I think we're an excellent footballing side but we have zero bottle as the games against Ipswich, Cov and Leeds would suggest.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Badly phrased by me. Its a simplistic argument. The 20 game form table has us off, the 10 game one has us even further off. 

All that will matter is the one at the end though. It's being the best over 46 games. If you'd looked at the start of the year then Leeds had just come off a very poor December.