Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

2 minutes ago, RearsbyFox said:

Since they got rid of Ainsworth they look a different beast. I'd imagine they will try to do what Boro did so we need to improve our finishing and stop being so wasteful. 

We’ll still have too much for them. 

If we can’t beat 21st placed QPR we don’t deserve to go up. 

• Like 3

Just now, ChrisWalken456 said:

That Southampton result has halved the pain of last night to be fair. Win our next league game and things should feel more normal. 

Takes a team out the rear view that is for sure. Just need to focus and get back to winning. 

• Like 2

Just now, Stevosevic said:

This goes for anyone we play. 

With the exception of maybe Coventry I think it’s not unreasonable to say we’ve been the better team in all the games we’ve lost. Finishing costs us each time. 

No points for playing well.  And if we can't score we arent playing that well. 

21 minutes ago, Bert said:

We can’t afford this attitude. You can see from the form guide that QPR and with our recent form, this will be tough, but, I agree with you, we should have enough to win this game. It will be nervy because the pressure will be on us to win. The rewards for winning this, will be worth more then the 3pts, but psychologically it will do us a world of good 🤞🏆

17 minutes ago, Red Squirrel said:

To me this is a 3 horse race now for auto promotion

Rather than being negative about the Leeds result I am positive. The level of performance up to the 80th min was superior to anything I've seen in this division

We lost this because of a) The ref, as a perfectly good goal was disallowed which would have killed the game b) sheer bad luck with the double deflection to make it 2-1

IF WE PLAY AS WELL AS WE DID FOR 90 MINS NOT 80 WE WILL STILL WIN THIS LEAGUE COMFORTABLY. I AM ENCOURAGED NOT DOWN HEARTENED

Leeds and Ipswich will drop points more points than us to the end of the season

Delusional I think is the word. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lad1966 said:

We can’t afford this attitude. You can see from the form guide that QPR and with our recent form, this will be tough, but, I agree with you, we should have enough to win this game. It will be nervy because the pressure will be on us to win. The rewards for winning this, will be worth more then the 3pts, but psychologically it will do us a world of good 🤞🏆

Do you not think that them being out of the relegation zone on goal difference mean there won’t be any pressure on them? Of course they’ll perhaps see it as a free hit. But there’s a reason we are where we are and they are where they are after 34 games….

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Red Squirrel said:

To me this is a 3 horse race now for auto promotion

Rather than being negative about the Leeds result I am positive. The level of performance up to the 80th min was superior to anything I've seen in this division

We lost this because of a) The ref, as a perfectly good goal was disallowed which would have killed the game b) sheer bad luck with the double deflection to make it 2-1

IF WE PLAY AS WELL AS WE DID FOR 90 MINS NOT 80 WE WILL STILL WIN THIS LEAGUE COMFORTABLY. I AM ENCOURAGED NOT DOWN HEARTENED

Leeds and Ipswich will drop points more points than us to the end of the season

We lost because we couldn't take our chances. It ain't luck. You make your own.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

The fact that their fixtures are tough could be spun as a positive for Saints now. Those games away at Leeds, Us, and Ipswich gives them some control over how rivals do. They must be resigned to playoffs now though.

I doubt they will. If they beat Ipswich and Leeds which from what I saw last night they are perfectly capable of doing and then go on a run the. They can go up still. There are still twists to come. 

Edited by Supergray22

1 hour ago, Bert said:

I do love this: we have won 25 games this season, but if we fail to win this particular league game... then sorry, just don't deserve promotion! 😄 🤣 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Bert said:

Do you not think that them being out of the relegation zone on goal difference mean there won’t be any pressure on them? Of course they’ll perhaps see it as a free hit. But there’s a reason we are where we are and they are where they are after 34 games….

This were top of the league stuff is delusional. All that separates us is a better start. We're not top 2 in the last 20. Unfortunately the players seem to be drinking this koolaid too.

Screenshot_20240224_185934_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

This were top of the league stuff is delusional. All that separates us is a better start. We're not top 2 in the last 20. Unfortunately the players seem to be drinking this koolaid too.

So Leeds have only 8 points more than us over that selective 20 you have picked… what makes you think they will gain 6 in just 12? This doesn’t support it. Not only that we are still above Ipswich and Southampton aren’t so much a concern now being 11 points off. All this shows is that we are doing well and should hold on 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

17 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

So Leeds have only 8 points more than us over that selective 20 you have picked… what makes you think they will gain 6 in just 12? This doesn’t support it. Not only that we are still above Ipswich and Southampton aren’t so much a concern now being 11 points off. All this shows is that we are doing well and should hold on 

Yeah better to choose the 6 points they gained in the last 5 games or the 8 points in the last 7 games as an example 

Edited by HankMarvin

18 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

cancel the season, end it now we arent top in the last 20 games:ph34r:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Yeah better to choose 6 points in the last 5 games or 8 in the last 7 as an example 

At least not having to play Leeds in this 12, means they can’t no longer take points away from us, that is good. It’s in our hands and we have been the most consistent over the season. 6 is a nice cushion however you look at it. Could/should it have been better, absolutely, the chances we have missed especially in the last two have been costly 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

18 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Because they don’t crumble at the end of games, and actually have a quality squad to choose from? Just because we started off better, doesn’t mean we’re a better team now. Ipswich and Leeds play with no fear. We are held hostage by fear. That will be what stops us.

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 1