Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

9 minutes ago, PrecociousFox93 said:

Call me absolutely mental, maybe just optimistic, but I can see both Huddersfield and Plymouth getting points next week to reopen the gap for us if we can bounce back and beat QPR.

You're an absolutely mental optimist!

Going to be interesting. It’s very difficult to ever write off one of the four. A few weeks ago, you could quite easily have written off Leeds. But 11 with 12 to go it’s a nice margin. 

Looking at Ipswich next five in comparison to ours has me very worried. We don’t have the stomach for even the tiniest bit of pressure. People like Vestegaard and Faes are about to really have some brain farts. Neither have the guts for a fight. Let’s hope Ipswich lose steam in their pursuit. If they don’t, we will drop,

• Sad 1

Just now, iancognito said:

But wait....people said Southampton were catching us and winning the league because their games were easy?

Is that not happening then? 😏

6 points at the top is tough to turnaround, we are top because we are the most consistent… we have hit a blip, but let’s face it everyone hits one and Leeds I can guarantee don’t win all their games 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

curious which of our games people are worried about. For me the Hull and southampton ones are the only 2 i could see a loss happening in. But the odds of losing both are probably quite slim. 

There will be a random loss or 2 in there as well but surely everyone will drop points somewhere. 

Hull. Best of the rest and were the first ones to figure us out and do a number on us down here. Rate Rosenior highly, gets the best from his team and Carvalho was an inspired signing.

Aside from that I reckon we could get 9 wins and two draws.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

curious which of our games people are worried about. For me the Hull and southampton ones are the only 2 i could see a loss happening in. But the odds of losing both are probably quite slim. 

There will be a random loss or 2 in there as well but surely everyone will drop points somewhere. 

Don’t be so sensible, it has no place on this forum

at the moment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

6 points at the top is tough to turnaround, we are top because we are the most consistent… we have hit a blip, but let’s face it everyone hits one and Leeds I can guarantee don’t win all their games 

Stop speaking sense.

You won't get very far on here with talk like that 🤣

You lot need to get a grip seriously, moan about bottler mentality but look at you. If we'd won last night that'd be title done, as it is, still 6 points clear and now Southampton need a miracle to catch us. We'll tick off Ipswich as well. 

• Like 1

Just takes one weekend of results going our way and it’s back to 9 points . Leeds may have an easier run but doesn’t mean they will win every game. It’s obviously a lot closer than we would like but it’s still very much in our hands. 

9 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Hull and Southampton, too. Especially the former for some reason.

Also West Brom at home which we never seem to win.

• Like 1

Just now, OntarioFox said:

Who still play each other, while we play neither.

Fourth still play both, too.

We've had a disappointing week, but for the love of God all three teams below us still stand to take points off each other, and the standard of the rest of the league is meh at best and garbage at worst.

Ipswich are at the start of a very kind run of fixtures and I fully expect them to be the second placed team by the end of March. Southampton will still have Leeds to play on the final day and, even if they're out of it in 4th by then could play a spoiling role in a final day clash. We just need to do our own job, put two games in which we created a huge number of big chances but fluffed our lines behind us, and stop pissing our pants.

Leeds don’t play Ipswich. 

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Going to be interesting. It’s very difficult to ever write off one of the four. A few weeks ago, you could quite easily have written off Leeds. But 11 with 12 to go it’s a nice margin. 

Looking at Ipswich next five in comparison to ours has me very worried. We don’t have the stomach for even the tiniest bit of pressure. People like Vestegaard and Faes are about to really have some brain farts. Neither have the guts for a fight. Let’s hope Ipswich lose steam in their pursuit. If they don’t, we will drop,

On what are you basing this on? Vestergaard is suspended next two, and why don’t they have the guts for a fight? If you had offered any Leicester fan 6 points clear going into March with only Southampton of the top four to play (at home) in the last 12 snap your hand off…Leeds and Ipswich play Southampton….also….ours to lose

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hammo said:

All this looking at what other teams are doing after our own defeat reminds me so much of last season’s horror story. Very disconcerting.

We are not lucky to be top, we have done well are still leading the pack, with a 7 point cushion to 3rd if you include goal difference.

The way we played yesterday shows we have enough to finish the job.

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Just takes one weekend of results going our way and it’s back to 9 points . Leeds may have an easier run but doesn’t mean they will win every game. It’s obviously a lot closer than we would like but it’s still very much in our hands. 

IMG_20240224_172559.jpg