Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Hull and Southampton, too. Especially the former for some reason.

Also West Brom at home which we never seem to win.

Ah shit that's true wba home is always a problem fixture for us. Bizarrely we win at the Hawthorns year after year though. It's a really strange dynamic.

Oh, as a side point, if Leeds play like they did for 80 minutes last night against teams that aren't currently running an experiment to see how many shots they can put off target, they'll drop points. Their midfield was awful until Roberts came on and, based on my own experience of us playing them, I'd fancy any of Hull, Boro or Cov to run them ragged on the counter (they still have to play all three).

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

6 points at the top is tough to turnaround, we are top because we are the most consistent… we have hit a blip, but let’s face it everyone hits one and Leeds I can guarantee don’t win all their games 

You cannot "guarantee" that Leeds won't win all their games. You may believe it, but it's nonsensical to say it as though it's fact. If you're a time traveller, do something useful and give me next week's lottery numbers. 

4 minutes ago, Flappit said:

You cannot "guarantee" that Leeds won't win all their games. You may believe it, but it's nonsensical to say it as though it's fact. If you're a time traveller, do something useful and give me next week's lottery numbers. 

Okay let’s be stupid I’m 99.99988999888% sure okay … you can have some lotto numbers but I can guarantee they won’t be the winning numbers 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

10 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

On what are you basing this on? Vestergaard is suspended next two, and why don’t they have the guts for a fight? If you had offered any Leicester fan 6 points clear going into March with only Southampton of the top four to play (at home) in the last 12 snap your hand off…Leeds and Ipswich play Southampton….also….ours to lose

The next five will be very interesting. We’ve shown shortcomings when pressure is applied and this is the stage of the season where the pressure is very much cranked up. I hope very much so you’re right, I just don’t see enough leadership in some of our senior players but will be very happy if I’m wrong. 

You’re absolutely right it’s ours to lose.

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Okay let’s be stupid I’m 99.99988999888% sure okay … 

What you're trying to say is, "on the balance of probabilities it's unlikely that Leeds will win all of their remaining games". You're welcome. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Flappit said:

If Leeds win all their remaining games they would have won 21 in a row I believe lol 

Let’s be honest Leeds are close to dropping points again. Same as how Saints were. 

Edited by Stevosevic

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

If Leeds win all their remaining games they would have won 21 in a row I believe lol 

They have a Yorkshire Derby next after there game against Chelsea.. Huddersfield could quite easily get something they are fighting to stay up 

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The next five will be very interesting. We’ve shown shortcomings when pressure is applied and this is the stage of the season where the pressure is very much cranked up. I hope very much so you’re right, I just don’t see enough leadership in some of our senior players but will be very happy if I’m wrong. 

You’re absolutely right it’s ours to lose.

Yeah. We need a response when we play QPR because after them we have Hull Sunderland Southampton Bristol City and Norwich. Tough games with the pressure of a slender lead at the top. If we are going to stay in top of the mountain we can't afford to be bothered by the wind. Leeds and Ipswich have easier run ins than we do. 

1 minute ago, RearsbyFox said:

Since they got rid of Ainsworth they look a different beast. I'd imagine they will try to do what Boro did so we need to improve our finishing and stop being so wasteful. 

This goes for anyone we play. 

With the exception of maybe Coventry I think it’s not unreasonable to say we’ve been the better team in all the games we’ve lost. Finishing costs us each time. 

• Like 2