Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Surprised Maswanhise, Wanya Marca and Amani Richards weren't amongst the 1st team yesterday and where on earth is Suphanat Mueanta? 

IMG_9427.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryy said:

Is Booth highly thought off? Or just squad filling with all due respect 

Not sure to be honest, came highly rated and spent large spells not involved with U18s and then U23s but when he has featured he's shown flashes of talent. If he could get his brother here this summer though that would be delightful.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Frances Dempsey said:

See petty still getting his favourites in

Will be interesting to see if different academy players join 1st team training in the coming days, as opposed to the ones the club will have told Maresca and his staff are the most likely to provide competition. 

Very surprised Wormleighton hasn't been spotted yet, and Darren Lewis who's the editor of the Daily Mirror wrote an article on how Amani Richards was to br given a chance under Maresca and completely bypass Petty-ball

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Will be interesting to see if different academy players join 1st team training in the coming days, as opposed to the ones the club will have told Maresca and his staff are the most likely to provide competition. 

Very surprised Wormleighton hasn't been spotted yet, and Darren Lewis who's the editor of the Daily Mirror wrote an article on how Amani Richards was to br given a chance under Maresca and completely bypass Petty-ball

Lucky him if he does!! 😂😂

• Haha 1

On 04/07/2023 at 18:07, Ryy said:

Is Booth highly thought off? Or just squad filling with all due respect 

i Watched a couple of his games on lcfc.tv  and he was ok - lots of energy, but a bit unpolished.

On 04/07/2023 at 13:26, mozartfox said:

Yeah. Vardy was a wash out. And Ian Wright too.

But they weren't taken on as 20 year olds to play in an u21 squad? This has nothing to do with my point.

11 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

But they weren't taken on as 20 year olds to play in an u21 squad? This has nothing to do with my point.

It has everything to do with your post I.e. there are examples of late developing players. So it is possible to recruit other clubs 20 year ‘kick outs’ and may be have in time,  a good player on our hands.

10 hours ago, mozartfox said:

It has everything to do with your post I.e. there are examples of late developing players. So it is possible to recruit other clubs 20 year ‘kick outs’ and may be have in time,  a good player on our hands.

Yes, it is possible to recruit other clubs 20 year olds, but it's not a common way to approach it, i can't think of any players we've brought in over-20 who has gone on to succeed in the first team - but Vardy and Ian Wright are in no way examples of recruiting 20 year olds to play in the u21s, thus i can't see what they have to do with the discussion?

11 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

Yes, it is possible to recruit other clubs 20 year olds, but it's not a common way to approach it, i can't think of any players we've brought in over-20 who has gone on to succeed in the first team - but Vardy and Ian Wright are in no way examples of recruiting 20 year olds to play in the u21s, thus i can't see what they have to do with the discussion?

Muzzy Izzet?

52 minutes ago, Ryy said:

My knowledge is either bad or I’ve either bumped my head. But I don’t recognise any of these 

IMG_0603.jpeg

Mirsad Ali, Reece Evans, Jayden Joseph, Bobby Amartey, Tristan Thomas, Yacine Toure, Cheyenne Loureiro are about the only ones i can make out. Possibly Kevon Gray too.

No Trey Nyoni? Can't tell if the long haired lad is Josh King, both he and Nyoni were rumoured to be off.

• Like 1