Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

3 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

What is the potential of Wanya Marcal-Madivadua and Tawanda Maswanhise ? Do they have the potential to make the impact at Championship level. 

A bit of a silver lining for our youngsters dropping down and getting opportunities that would be quite limited in the PL. 

These two, McAteer, Braybrooke and Brunt should all be looking to make impacts. 

I'm sure those who watch them in the U21's will be better placed to answer but Maswanhise, whilst very raw, had something about him in pre season a couple of years back.

McAteer and Brunt should be sold, at least a loan for Brunt. Doubt they'll be able to follow us to where we need to go. WMM and TW are in positions we need options so worth taking the risk on.

Nelson and Alves also in with a shout of being an option in the squad. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

I'm sure those who watch them in the U21's will be better placed to answer but Maswanhise, whilst very raw, had something about him in pre season a couple of years back.

McAteer and Brunt should be sold, at least a loan for Brunt. Doubt they'll be able to follow us to where we need to go. WMM and TW are in positions we need options so worth taking the risk on.

Nelson and Alves also in with a shout of being an option in the squad. 

Brunt and McAteer are both further down the line in terms of their personal and physical development than Maswanhise and Alves.

Not sure why you think the players you talk about will be more involved than these 2?

Both will probably have a place on the squad this season and are ahead of the players you talk about in the pecking order I would say. 

Nelson.

Yes I would say he has a chance this season. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

At the risk of being shot down.

McAteer is my wildcard to come through and make this this breakthrough season.

Still only 21 and very underrated here but some at the  club think highly of him. 

Hmmmmm his two loan spells at a much lower level haven't been that impressive. Will take some progression to step up but it could well happen.

I do like him, he's got something about him for sure.

Brunt I can't see it myself, he needs to be moved on to a League One or Two club.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Fansincethe80s said:

They both have long term injuries,  very unlikely we will see them next season. 

If we don’t see either next season then they’ve got huge problems!

You would expect them to be in training autumn/late autumn and available by Xmas/new year. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hmmmmm his two loan spells at a much lower level haven't been that impressive. Will take some progression to step up but it could well happen.

I do like him, he's got something about him for sure.

Brunt I can't see it myself, he needs to be moved on to a League One or Two club.

I hear you Ric.

As I said he's my Wildcard pick to breakthrough.

I just know he's rated within the club higher than most rate him here. 

He may not make it... Time will tell but I think he has a chance. 

His loan spell Wimbledon lthough a Lower standard  I think can go down  as a success. 

He was a regular and racked up about 20 appearances if I remember correctly with some good reviews.  

20 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Brunt and McAteer are both further down the line in terms of their personal and physical development than Maswanhise and Alves.

Not sure why you think the players you talk about will be more involved than these 2?

Both will probably have a place on the squad this season and are ahead of the players you talk about in the pecking order I would say. 

Nelson.

Yes I would say he has a chance this season. 

That wasn't my point. Yes Brunt and McAteer are further along in their development but I don't think there have been any signs that they are up to this level. Brunt's 22, soon 23 and not played any league football. McAteer I don't think particularly impressed in League 2 (stats were poor) We also have other options at CB, full back and midfield. So if we might only need to buy 1/2 players for all these positions which means we can invest that in a better quality player or youngster with more potential than these 2.

With WMM and TW, we don't have any wide players and they've impressed at under 21 level. Not suggesting they'd come in and be first choice at all but worth taking a punt on having 1 of them as a squad option knowing that they have a lot of potential.  Unlike above, we'll have to buy at least 2, maybe 3 for just these positions so it's worth the risk.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Still only 21 and very underrated here but some at the  club think highly of him. 

I would be quite surprised to see him come through and be involved this season

He didn’t particularly impress me in any of the games I saw him playing for Wimbledon in League 2 and he hasn’t had any stand out games when out on loan either

Wimbledon were also pretty crap whilst he was there though so that won’t have particularly helped him

I do think Maresca might like him though because he does seem to be versatile, which is also why I think he will like Madivadua as he also has that about him

Edited by moore_94

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I would be quite surprised to see him come through and be involved this season

He didn’t particularly impress me in any of the games I saw him playing for Wimbledon in League 2 and he hasn’t had any stand out games when out on loan either

Wimbledon were also pretty crap whilst he was there though so that won’t have particularly helped him

I do think Maresca might like him though because he does seem to be versatile, which is also why I think he will like Madivadua as he also has that about him

I understand it would surprise most that's why I called him my wildcard pick to make the breakthrough.  Just a hunch. 

As far as his loan went I don't think you can ask anymore of getting picked week in week out. 

You will find it hard for anyone in such a struggling team to have outstanding stats and the experience would have only benefited him. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I still maintain Joe Wormleighton has as good a chance as any, that includes Braybrooke who injuries aside was/is destined for a top career and a few others. Really hope he can kick on.

Oh yeah, forgot about him! Think it's because we could have our 4 full backs sorted already. Though maybe Justin in a back 3 or Ricardo deployed on the wing so could be space for him.

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

admittedly i think i've only seen him twice but he looked pretty sloppy on the ball and didn't contribute much. not that he was playing in the best squad at the time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Came across well and level headed in the video posted in here the other. Got the attitude to make it to the top and seems switched on. He’s got a chance. 

• Haha 1

On 20/06/2023 at 17:49, Lillehamring said:

admittedly i think i've only seen him twice but he looked pretty sloppy on the ball and didn't contribute much. not that he was playing in the best squad at the time.

Terrible player. Will never make it at any decent level