Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Hopefully Alves and Braybrooke can make the step up. I imagine they'd both be ready to be involved in preseason.

I was going to ask if anyone knew timelines. 

Alves should be a potential for August but Sammy was an ACL in Feb so that could easily be October 

Edited by AjcW

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I was going to ask if anyone knew timelines. 

Alves should be a potential for August but Sammy was an ACL in Feb so that could easily be October 

Just from going off our previous ACL injuries...

Ricardo did his in March 2020 and his first game back was December 2020

JJ did his in February 2021 and his first game back was January 2022

By the same time scales Alves could be September / October and Sammy would be November / December

You would hope for earlier but honestly can't really see either involved in the first team at all in the 1st half of the season, 2nd half of the season you could maybe hope for a loan out to start getting fit again but probably just going to have to play in the under 21s again

Both basically losing about 18 months of development due to assault (Alves) and an unfortunate accident (Braybrooke)

• Like 1

Ben Nelson should be in contention to step up, apart from Alves and Sammy its slim pickings. Brunt is no where near standard, I don’t think wormleighton progressed at all. 

hopefully wanya gets a chance, but apart from him the others will don’t cut it at championship level. 

3 minutes ago, Smooch85 said:

Ben Nelson should be in contention to step up, apart from Alves and Sammy its slim pickings. Brunt is no where near standard, I don’t think wormleighton progressed at all. 

hopefully wanya gets a chance, but apart from him the others will don’t cut it at championship level. 

Wanya and Maswanhise will get s chance 

Maswanhise should have been given a debut 18 months ago when he was in top form, absolute waste players picked infront of him completely rocked his confidence and hasn’t looked the same since. Maybe under a new boss, but you gotta get rid of petty first 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Smooch85 said:

I think Wormleighton still has plenty of progression in his grasp. Arguably might be more likely now we've dropped.

I'm also interested to see what happens to Popov, Logan Briggs and Richards next season.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I think Wormleighton still has plenty of progression in his grasp. Arguably might be more likely now we've dropped.

I'm also interested to see what happens to Popov, Logan Briggs and Richards next season.

Wormo looked good, definitely has good attributes. He was nowhere near as good as the previous season, far too many simple mistakes. I mean they were all poor, confidence was gone but Sammy always stood out. 

popov needs to get fit and have a run of games for once, as for the other 2 they look decent. But championship standard at this moment? No way. But this is the perfect time to give those some cameos and who knows maybe they will slot right in. But if we are doing that we need some proper steady pros in too. 

• Like 1

Thought I'd already posted this

So I guess the consensus is that the following have some chance of being involved next year, to varying degrees (those who watch the youth teams input appreciated!):

Important part of the squad (pending injury recovery:

- Alves

- Braybrooke

Chance of being involved/would like to see:

- Marcal-Mavidadua

- Maswanhise

- Nelson

- Stolarczyk

- Wormleighton

On the fringes but not going to be good enough:

- MacAteer

- Brunt

6 minutes ago, Smooch85 said:

Maswanhise should have been given a debut 18 months ago when he was in top form, absolute waste players picked infront of him completely rocked his confidence and hasn’t looked the same since. Maybe under a new boss, but you gotta get rid of petty first 

Absolute nonsense decision by Brendan (I'm as shocked as you...)

He was very raw but considering we had no wide players and he looked decent in pre season, why he wasn't give the odd run out, I'll never know. Didn't he start this season really well playing up front and banging them in? Definitely worth a go as 4th choice winger/3rd choice striker.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

And playing him in the U21s the day before transfer deadline day in Jan when he did his ACL was stupidity.

Braybrooke and Alves both did ACL's in games they shouldn't have been playing in, bet that doesn't make the 'review' but another example of the mess we're in.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

Absolute nonsense decision by Brendan (I'm as shocked as you...)

He was very raw but considering we had no wide players and he looked decent in pre season, why he wasn't give the odd run out, I'll never know. Didn't he start this season really well playing up front and banging them in? Definitely worth a go as 4th choice winger/3rd choice striker.

He was scoring for fun in an abysmal team. Any other manager would have given him a go the form he was in. He’s definitely a confidence player though. You never no, new manager comes in a starts him first game and he bags….

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Probably be a while before see Popov again, had to have an operation on his ankle

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Smooch85 said:

Exactly why the whole club coaching set up needs replacing. No good having great facilities if the people employed in it are useless.

• Like 4