Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCJoe96

LCFC Women 2023-24 Season

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

New incoming, the Holland #2 who won the Eredivisie with Ajax last season...signing on as Leicester's second choice, mad one!

...whilst great, this makes little sense!!!

We seem to look at departments where we are strong and look to make them stronger. It is a pity that we lost Poor, we should have looked to develop her and brought her in when Levell and Lambourne were so poor.

20 hours ago, Jimmy said:

seems an odd one but means less chance of Lambourne playing

28 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

whilst great, this makes little sense!!!

Leitzig is really good. Seriously really good. So there's every chance she goes to one of the top teams next summer. Maybe this is in preparation for that?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sparrowhawk said:

Leitzig is really good. Seriously really good. So there's every chance she goes to one of the top teams next summer. Maybe this is in preparation for that?

Yeah wouldn't surprise me if there was a bit of "give us a year and if a Champions League club comes in for you as #1 next summer you can go" to the Leitzig signing...both of these keeper's should be starting in that competition, bodes very well for our aims as a club that we've managed to get them both.

4 hours ago, Sparrowhawk said:

yeah I thought about that after I posted as well

2 hours ago, Ryy said:

Julie Thibaud (25) French defender - https://uk.soccerway.com/players/julie-thibaud/392135/

Jutta Rantala (23) Finnish striker - https://fbref.com/en/players/cfea3233/Jutta-Rantala

Are both apparently close to signing 

They've both signed already just not announced, club ****ed up and put them on the squad list on the LCFC Shop website before taking it down lol

Edit: Expect 2 more on top of those two as well...Thibaud suggests we're leaning towards a back 3, would love someone like Rikke Sevecke as unlikely as it'd be

Edited by LCFCJoe96
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Big variety in where our cast offs have ended up, Tash Flint getting a move to Liverpool despite looking shocking in the top flight, then you've got Sigsworth, Molly Pike & Jemma Purfield in the Championship and Kirstie Levell dropping all the way to the third tier, Ashleigh Plumptre has been tenuously linked with Man United & PSG of all clubs

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

Big variety in where our cast offs have ended up, Tash Flint getting a move to Liverpool despite looking shocking in the top flight, then you've got Sigsworth, Molly Pike & Jemma Purfield in the Championship and Kirstie Levell dropping all the way to the third tier, Ashleigh Plumptre has been tenuously linked with Man United & PSG of all clubs

...Plumptre very much a Jekyll and Hyde character!!!

She is very assured transitioning the play in the middle if the park, but looks a liability running back facing her goal, she us easily outpaced and lacks composure in those situations. 

Kirsty Levell is fortunate to be playing in the third tier, a very poor goal keeper with a highlights reel that would give you nightmares.

Tash Flint can look as if she can play at any level when she gets her head on, very good at holding the ball up and linking the play, but she has no pace and can be easily pushed off the ball despite her size. She is far too inconsistent to take out on the pitch, you never know which player your going to get. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Ryy said:

What step in women football are Burnley?

...Jonathan Morgan went to Burnley after he left us and seemed for a long time had them on the edge to get promoted, matching the top 2 stride for stride!!!

Strange that he ended up leaving with them so well placed, with no reason coming out of the club.

Last thing I  have heard is he has gone to Sheffield United (womens team).

https://www.lcfc.com/news/3639187/looking-forward-to-learning-a-new-culture--rantalas-first-words-as-a-fox/featured?lang=en

‘Looking Forward To Learning A New Culture’ – Rantala’s First Words As A Fox
LCFC WOMEN
Published 1 hr 51 mins ago

Finnish international Jutta Rantala is excited for the new Barclays Women’s Super League campaign after signing a two-year deal with LCFC Women.
ByMatthew Temple

LCFC Women Sign Finland International Jutta Rantala
Rantala Ready For Big Season Ahead
This week, the addition of forward Rantala to Willie Kirk's squad was confirmed, ahead of their third season in the WSL, the top tier of English women’s football.

Rantala becomes the fifth new face through the door, following Lena Petermann, Janice Cayman, Aimee Palmer and Lize Kop – with Courtney Nevin and ‘keeper Janina Leitzig making their moves permanent during the break.

Versatile in any position across the front line, City’s latest signing brings a wealth of experience, having played in Sweden and Finland’s top leagues, as well as match time on the international stage for her home country.

“It feels good to sign, I’m excited to be here,” Rantala said. “It’s a great Club and I’m ready to get going. The WSL is a good league, and it’ll be exciting to have the new challenge, playing against the best players in the world, so that’s probably the main reason I wanted to come here.

“I hope to bring a lot of goals and assists. I’m quite a technical player, I can shoot with both feet, and I hope to bring a lot to the Club. My best position is probably as a no.10, but I can play in any attacking role.  

“I’ve seen some Leicester games before, but I’ve mainly just been watching the league. The Manager has been very kind, he explained how happy he was for me to sign and play here.”

Signing from Vittsjö GJK, the midfielder has picked up silverware in her career, winning both the Finnish Championship and Women’s Cup in 2019 with Helsingin Jalkapalloklubi (HJK).

The new Fox is also familiar finding the back of the net, scoring close to 100 senior goals since her playing career began in 2014.

“The Manager wants me to be a player who drives at other teams, and face the goal in possession, and be bright when on the ball,” the 23-year-old stated. “I’ll admit, I’d prefer to score a goal than assist, but I’m happy with both!

“King Power Stadium looks so nice, and I’m excited to play in such a big stadium, and hopefully we’ll get a lot of people here to watch our games.

“I’m looking forward to seeing the Leicester fans. It’s a new culture here and it’s different than I’m used to in Sweden and Finland, so I’m excited to learn new things and enjoy my time here.”

This season, City are working hard to improve on last year’s 10th-placed finish, and instead push up the table to become an established side in the WSL, and Rantala is keen to make her mark in the East Midlands, helping the team anyway she can.

“The training facilities are amazing,” she added. “They’ve got everything they need, and it will no doubt help us this season. A few of the players have said hello, but I’m looking forward to catching up with them properly!

“My main goal is to get as much playing time as possible. Being a starting player is important. I want to be involved in the games, score a lot of goals, and do everything I can to help the team.”

looking forward to seeing what this team can do. Finally addressing our weakness in attack with some strong signings. Add a quality defender in to the team and I can see us giving it a really good go this season. Hopefully the fans will turn out in numbers and give the team that extra boost.

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Putting together a decent squad going forward but the defence looks a bit threadbare particularly with Ash leaving. Need a CB or two through the doors soon

Julie Thibaud Who’s a French defender has signed and will be announced soon