Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCJoe96

LCFC Women 2023-24 Season

5 hours ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

2-2 draw with Man United to start pre season, both teams a mix of starters and youth. Lena Petermann & a youth defender got our goals.

I have a feeling Petermann is gonna be unbelievable 

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

I think womens football will be massive one day, we should be pushing to be part of its elite.  World cup took forever for me to finish, and sad to see season doesnt start until October?

they delayed it due to the world cup

5 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

I think womens football will be massive one day, we should be pushing to be part of its elite.  World cup took forever for me to finish, and sad to see season doesnt start until October?

I have to say i only watched the final, but the football was really poor, like it was 15/20 years ago.  Unless i'm basing it too much on how incredible the US were last time round.

I do enjoy it, but it seems to have regressed :dunno:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

I have to say i only watched the final, but the football was really poor, like it was 15/20 years ago.  Unless i'm basing it too much on how incredible the US were last time round.

I do enjoy it, but it seems to have regressed :dunno:

Nah it’s come on massively mate, even in the last 2/3 years, granted the final probably wasn’t the greatest advert for that

• Like 1

On 28/08/2023 at 06:02, LCFCJoe96 said:

2-2 draw with Man United to start pre season, both teams a mix of starters and youth. Lena Petermann & a youth defender got our goals.

Just read the report and did a double check as an academy striker who had her shot saved which Petermann pounced on for the follow up was Denny Draper, daughter of Mark. (If like me no one knew she’s 1 of our own’ish)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

Nah it’s come on massively mate, even in the last 2/3 years, granted the final probably wasn’t the greatest advert for that

I do hope so - i suppose a diet of that dud final and LCFC women scraping over the line isn't the best advert.  I also watch more of the Norwegian national team than england and they've gone from being as good as it gets to mediocre, despite still having some real talent.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

I do hope so - i suppose a diet of that dud final and LCFC women scraping over the line isn't the best advert.  I also watch more of the Norwegian national team than england and they've gone from being as good as it gets to mediocre, despite still having some real talent.

With the players Norway have it's amazing how badly wrong they seem to get it every tournament lately! And on Leicester...(fingers crossed) this season should be a bit better lol

43 minutes ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

With the players Norway have it's amazing how badly wrong they seem to get it every tournament lately! And on Leicester...(fingers crossed) this season should be a bit better lol

Didn't help ada hegeberg boycotting for a time. But yeah, some quality players.

5 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Julie Thibaud is a great signing for us, the team is definitely getting stronger. Hopefully we can avoid the relegation battle this season !!

Defence is still look kinda weak imo

Just now, lcfcrinaldi said:

Is the KP still the main stadium for the home games this season?

I'm considering getting a season ticket for me and my daughter, but can't seem to find anything mentioning the stadium situation.

Yea, KP unless a fixture clash with the blokes (although not that likely this season, can't imagine we'll have many Sunday games when that's usually a prem TV slot) in which case Burton 

• Like 1