Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCJoe96

LCFC Women 2023-24 Season

16 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  was not expecting that!!!

The speculation was that it could be Manchester United as she did not wish to announce her new club whilst preparing for World Cup games.

This looks like a chance to earn a lot of money whilst in her prime. I am not sure how she would have coped defensively playing for one of the very top teams, her lack of pace was always a factor, but she did look impressive in transitioning the ball and that would be where she would be more suited as a central midfielder. 

11 hours ago, Lineker's Lugs said:

Manchester United!  She's barely WSL standard, nowhere near good enough for a UWCL club.  I was surprised her departure was announced so late as it implied there was a possibility of her staying when it was definitely time for the club to move on if they had any ambitions to progress. 

On a more general note, the contrast in standard between the players that departed and those brought in is stark.  I'd still say 8th is probably the ceiling though.

She did manage to “cope” more than well enough defensively at the WC, playing against UWCL quality players.

Surprised she’s apparently opted for a big payday in what would at best be deemed a retirement league so relatively early in her career (of course I have absolutely no clue what her personal circumstances are), particularly given what I imagine wouldn’t be the best of social conditions for single women in Saudi Arabia (wasn’t even aware they have a female league), but nonetheless best wishes to her. She served us quite well - and always gave a 100% effort. 

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Really looking forward to this season.

I am worried that the team is short of defensive players. I expected to see a couple of signing today but it's starting to look unlikely ! Five defensive players seems light but I'm assuming that there are young players who are ready to move up.

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

I am worried that the team is short of defensive players. I expected to see a couple of signing today but it's starting to look unlikely ! Five defensive players seems light but I'm assuming that there are young players who are ready to move up.

I agree we are a little light.

I was expecting at least one in today!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Jess Reavill (involved a couple times last season) & Simone Sherwood will be with the first team quite a bit I think. Along with Draper, they’re the 3 ready to step up.

• Like 1

FSA

There was a big step forward for away fans in the women's game this week with the introduction of new regulations in the FA Women’s Super League which will offer easier access to tickets for away games.

A new FA policy implemented over the coming season will see supporters of the women’s top-flight league able to purchase tickets for away fixtures through their own club’s ticketing sites. Previous club policies had been required to cover home matches only, and fans often had to register with opposition clubs to access away tickets.

Clubs will now be asked to consider an away match ticketing strategy within their licensing agreements. Our head of women's football Deborah Dilworth said: "This is good news for supporters – it’ll be a smoother process to purchase away tickets which, in turn, will encourage travelling numbers and boost atmospheres inside stadiums."
  • Like 1

Abbie McManus has retired after she broke her leg earlier this year

"Football has been such a massive part of my life and I truly believe it's taught me so much and moulded me into the person I am today," she said.

"Since breaking my leg in January there has been many ups and downs, with the biggest down being I can't kick a ball without pain. If you know me you can imagine the tears pouring down my face whilst writing this."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66942888

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Still at Belvoir Drive? Thought they moved into seagrave at the start of the summer or was that speculation about the club's finances after relegation?

Based at Belvoir but use some of seagraves facilities is my understanding.

Edited by TheLittleBigMan

14 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Good to Jenny Sugarman heading up the academy.  She is an excellent coach who really knows how to develop individual players and establish a positive and welcoming environment.  The only drawback is she’s a Liverpool fan, but at least she married into a Leicester supporting family!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SK3Blue said:

Noticed that the stadium parking requires you to park 1 hour before and you can't leave till an hour after the game?? Any parking alternatives nearby?Filbert St? I'm coming in from Warwickshire so I don't want to be hanging around for ages after the games.

I've seen a lot of people parking on the streets around the ground on women's match days as they don't seem to be as strict compared to men's games. But wouldn't like to say for sure this is okay. You can park in the LRI multistory car park as this is usually quiet on weekends and probably similar price to parking at the ground. About a 10 minute walk away.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SK3Blue said:

Noticed that the stadium parking requires you to park 1 hour before and you can't leave till an hour after the game?? Any parking alternatives nearby?Filbert St? I'm coming in from Warwickshire so I don't want to be hanging around for ages after the games.

Been to a few womens games and im pretty sure the car parks are open straight after the game. Suppose its just easier to leave it on the website as it is when you book them for a mens game

• Like 1