Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCJoe96

LCFC Women 2023-24 Season

11 hours ago, SK3Blue said:

Noticed that the stadium parking requires you to park 1 hour before and you can't leave till an hour after the game?? Any parking alternatives nearby?Filbert St? I'm coming in from Warwickshire so I don't want to be hanging around for ages after the games.

try the industrial estate where the fruit market is, I shouldn't imagine it will be full on the street, even if you have to pay to use one of the car parks its only about £5

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NAKC20 said:

Been to a few womens games and im pretty sure the car parks are open straight after the game. Suppose its just easier to leave it on the website as it is when you book them for a mens game

Hang, so those people I pass sat in their cars when I leave at full time, leave early to go and get at the front of the queue and then have to sit there for an hour lol 

**** me that’s insane lol 

https://www.lcfc.com/news/3705221/lcfc-women-squad-numbers-confirmed?lang=en

LCFC Women can today confirm squad numbers ahead of the upcoming 2023/24 Barclays Women’s Super League season.
- LCFC Women confirm 2023/24 WSL squad numbers
- Janina Leitzig to wear the No.1 shirt
- Shirt personalisation available in the Foxes Fanstore and LCFC.com/shop

Janina Leitzig and Jutta Rantala will wear shirts No.1 and No.8 respectively, while fellow summer recruits Lena Petermann and Deanne Rose will don No.9 and No.7.

Netherlands international Lize Kop has been assigned No.23, while defenders Courtney Nevin and Julie Thibaud wear No.2 and No.17. Aimee Palmer takes No.6 while Janice Cayman will sport No.11.

Shirt personalisation for Leicester City’s 2023/24 home, away and third shirts is now available in the Foxes Fanstore at King Power Stadium and online at LCFC.com/shop.*

Confirmed squad numbers:

1 Janina LEITZIG
2 Courtney NEVIN
3 Sam TIERNEY
4 CJ BOTT
5 Sophie HOWARD
6 Aimee PALMER
7 Deanne Rose
8 Jutta RANTALA
9 Lena PETERMANN
10 Aileen WHELAN
11 Janice CAYMAN
13 Monique ROBINSON
14 Josie GREEN
17 Julie THIBAUD
19 Remy SIEMSEN
20 Missy GOODWIN
21 Hannah CAIN
23 Lize KOP
27 Shannon O'BRIEN
32 Ava BAKER
41 Jess REAVILL
47 Simone SHERWOOD
49 Denny DRAPER

*Once a shirt has been personalised we are unable to offer a refund or exchange. The same applies if a player was to leave the Club or their squad number changes during their career at Leicester City. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

only 5 defenders on that list and Tierney has played more in midfield for the last couple of years, makes me a little nervous 

It could get interesting if we have any of injuries.  I'm surprised we didn't add at least one defender, probably could have used a couple !

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

I think as long as our keeper stays fit yes, so much difference when she came in.

Eh, we've got two very good keepers now, we feel light at the back given we play a 4-3-3. Starting back line of Bott - Howard - Thibaud - Nevin looks good but we're one injury from having to look to the youth team.

Relegation will probably be Bristol City, outside shout of West Ham or Brighton.

My table prediction

1. Chelsea

2. Arsenal

3. Man City

4. Aston Villa

5. Man Utd

6. Tottenham

7. Everton 

8. Leicester 

9. Liverpool

10. West Ham

11. Brighton

12. Bristol City 

Be interesting to see how far Man Utd fall off with no Russo or Battle.

If Williamson, Mead & Miedema get back to their best + their new players then I’d give Arsenal the nod

Chelsea are still gonna be right there even with Harder & Eriksson leaving, made some good signings again

United have signed some good players but lost 2 of their best 4 in Batlle & Russo and another one of them wants out in Earps + CL for the first time

Man City making just one signing is a weird one after they dropped out the top 3, Roord is fantastic but that’s a big bridge for one player to gap

Villa are up there now, if the Manchester clubs slip they’re in with a shot of sneaking too 3

Brighton & us are the next strongest on paper for me, both teams have made massive improvements over the summer, would say they’re ahead of us but we should both be looking up not down

Liverpool are probably clear of getting sucked into anything but it comes down to how Haug & Flint replace Stengel’s goals

Everton could be a mess at the back, George, Sevecke & Maier all going but look alright going forward

Spurs, similarly going forward/Beth England is what they’re gonna be relying on again

Bristol City are ahead of West Ham as a unit with the obvious exception being in goal, if West Ham struggle as expected and a decent team comes in for Arnold in January then they’re done for, Rehanne Skinner is also a poor top flight manager

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

If Williamson, Mead & Miedema get back to their best + their new players then I’d give Arsenal the nod

Chelsea are still gonna be right there even with Harder & Eriksson leaving, made some good signings again

United have signed some good players but lost 2 of their best 4 in Batlle & Russo and another one of them wants out in Earps + CL for the first time

Man City making just one signing is a weird one after they dropped out the top 3, Roord is fantastic but that’s a big bridge for one player to gap

Villa are up there now, if the Manchester clubs slip they’re in with a shot of sneaking too 3

Brighton & us are the next strongest on paper for me, both teams have made massive improvements over the summer, would say they’re ahead of us but we should both be looking up not down

Liverpool are probably clear of getting sucked into anything but it comes down to how Haug & Flint replace Stengel’s goals

Everton could be a mess at the back, George, Sevecke & Maier all going but look alright going forward

Spurs, similarly going forward/Beth England is what they’re gonna be relying on again

Bristol City are ahead of West Ham as a unit with the obvious exception being in goal, if West Ham struggle as expected and a decent team comes in for Arnold in January then they’re done for, Rehanne Skinner is also a poor top flight manager

Man City are basically lucky. I've no doubt they'll make the top 3, but they will be well behind Arsenal and Chelsea. They'll almost do what Everton do consistently in the mens game, jam their way out by other teams being a bit more of a mess than them. 

Spurs with England I can't see being in any trouble at all like last season.

Brighton are an odd one, they've strengthed but it seems like every season we look at them, say they've done well on paper and then they pull some absolute honkers out and start collapsing

Edited by The Doctor
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Man City are basically lucky. I've no doubt they'll make the top 3, but they will be well behind Arsenal and Chelsea. They'll almost do what Everton do consistently in the mens game, jam their way out by other teams being a bit more of a mess than them. 

Spurs with England I can't see being in any trouble at all like last season.

Brighton are an odd one, they've strengthed but it seems like every season we look at them, say they've done well on paper and then they pull some absolute honkers out and start collapsing

In a way Man City are doing something I wanted them to in giving their young talent a chance (Park, Mace, Blakstad etc) but that should’ve been supplemented by a couple mid-20s into their prime signings not just Roord. FWIW I agree that they’ll get by and finish top 3 by default almost but if they don’t they’ve only got themselves to blame.

Spurs, yep. With Brighton I just think they’ve got too much talent with the Losada, Bremer, Pinto, Evrard & Thorisdottir signings + keeping Robinson, that even when they’re not on their day they’ll pull results out now. Good manager too.

Just now, Ryy said:

Kirk said pre match we missed out on a defender target in the summer and is already looking to January. Wouldn’t surprise me if we pick up a free transfer.

Hazard a guess it'd be Rikke Sevecke (ex-Everton, now Portland Thorns), Kirk signed her for Everton, there were murmurs we wanted her and once Ash left she would've been pretty much perfect (physically they're as similar as possible with Sevecke being a better player). Looks like she's only signed for them until the end of this NWSL season too (option for 2024) so be nice to go in for her.