Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kushiro

The City Went Absolutely Mental

Love this. My first 3 games were in the 90/91 season but I have no recollection of them other than the celebrations after the Oxford match 

91/92 was the season as a 6/7 year old I really fell in love with football and this club. I remember it all so clearly. The Tranmere match is particularly memorable, my Dad always liked to leave 5 minutes early so we were halfway up Sawday Street when we heard the stadium erupt. One of my abiding childhood memories is my Dad jumping around the street going crazy, I'd never seen him do that (and haven't since to be fair).

The Cambridge 2-1 win was great and Tommy Wright's long range goal was enough to make him my first favourite player and someone I then tried to emulate in the playground.

For some reason the match I remember most was the 3-1 home win over Barnsley. I think it was the first time I was bought a matchday programme and I was over the moon with it, it was a treasured possession for a long time.

I used to watch the season review video at least 3 times a week for many years and still find myself dipping in and out of it on YouTube every now and again.

Great work @kushiro. I love this season more than any other.

Edited by Rain King
  • Thanks 1

One more memory this has triggered. My Dad used to work some Saturdays but he used to get home about 4 ish.  Occasionally he would drive us down to Filbert Street and see if the stewards would let us in for free for the last 15/20 minutes.

I remember doing this against Bristol City in the FA Cup. We lost but I just remember the roar of the crowd as we were pushing for an equaliser.

Great Read! It takes you back to some of the best ever times following Leicester! Upton Park against Charlton was such an unbelievable away following such a shame about the result! But what followed was so Leicester at that time! Smashing Cambridge and then being cheated in the final by Speedie!

‘Brian Littles blue and white army’ is forever imprinted into my brain more than any other Leicester song! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

Good read that, that Cambridge game was my first ever game, think I was 10, I just remember when me and my uncle got there Pen 3 was full so I think we went into Pen 4 and climbed over so he could stand with his mates, I stood at the front on my own, when Tommy Wright put one in from 25 years I’d never heard a noise like it before and I remember just being nervous every time we went forward! 
the rest of the season was a blur apart from the Newcastle game and the final at Wembley, I remember my dad putting the TV outside for some reason and feeling robbed after the game just like I’d felt after the West Germany game at Italy 90!

7 hours ago, Rain King said:

Love this. My first 3 games were in the 90/91 season but I have no recollection of them other than the celebrations after the Oxford match 

91/92 was the season as a 6/7 year old I really fell in love with football and this club. I remember it all so clearly. The Tranmere match is particularly memorable, my Dad always liked to leave 5 minutes early so we were halfway up Sawday Street when we heard the stadium erupt. One of my abiding childhood memories is my Dad jumping around the street going crazy, I'd never seen him do that (and haven't since to be fair).

The Cambridge 2-1 win was great and Tommy Wright's long range goal was enough to make him my first favourite player and someone I then tried to emulate in the playground.

For some reason the match I remember most was the 3-1 home win over Barnsley. I think it was the first time I was bought a matchday programme and I was over the moon with it, it was a treasured possession for a long time.

I used to watch the season review video at least 3 times a week for many years and still find myself dipping in and out of it on YouTube every now and again.

Great work @kushiro. I love this season more than any other.

91 / 92 and Leicester being back under Brian Little has to be up there in most Leicester Fans top half a dozen seasons. 

Good football, great characters, a really likable manager, outstanding home and away support, some excellent games with many having real drama - It was easy to be hooked 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@kushiro

Amazing work when you make a post- almost as good as mine🤣🤣.

Really as others have said you need to write a book.

For the record I'm waiting for part 2 as my first ever game was the City v Csmbridge play off semi final, I think we won 5-0??

Glory jumper I was back then😎😎😎

• Thanks 1

Thanks Great read .

1st proper season going home and a few away games . Had been previous seasons but not a regular .  That season we Stood/sat on wall near away dugouts in old members stand as a kid . 
Funny as it reminds me of a mate who used to sell either the program or lottery tickets and used to come stand with as after match had started . 
Recall watching the shenanigans over near pen1,2,3,4 all game vs Newcastle and we all looked at each other and said next season we standing in the kop.  
Pen 2 . We was 1st in every week lol great days . Proper football.

• Thanks 1

My first four years watching this club were mostly utter dross, then Little came in and turned things round in the space of a summer. I think the only game we missed that season was Newcastle at home. Cambridge at home was probably Little's peak moment. The following seasons were great, obviously the play off win over Derby but 91/92 as a season, the tickertape, the bucket hats, the last season of an unspoilt rickety Filbert Street.....great times.

• Like 1