Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DZ-LCFC

Vestergaard to Anderlecht?

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Clubs tend to pay higher wages to free agents cos they don't have to lump up a fee and there is more of a bidding war. He's probably confident of a decent contract somewhere once he's done here. 

Absolutely, I was just refuting the point (not necessarily your point) that Vestergaard shouldn't/won't leave because of the money he's on here and that he wouldn't get the same elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

No, but 20-30k a week on a 4 year deal is a lot better than 70k a week until June.

He might be happy to gamble that he can better the 20-30k when he's a free agent. He might have not liked what was offer to him now for a variety of reasons. He might actually be enjoying his football right now (the way he celebrated the goal at Rotherham tells me he gives a sh1t). 

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

He might be happy to gamble that he can better the 20-30k when he's a free agent. He might have not liked what was offer to him now for a variety of reasons. He might actually be enjoying his football right now (the way he celebrated the goal at Rotherham tells me he gives a sh1t). 

Completely agree.

I just think there's this feeling amongst the fanbase that he's only here for the money whereas it's probable that he could get a better deal elsewhere.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

No, but 20-30k a week on a 4 year deal is a lot better than 70k a week until June.

Not really no, his agent will be confident to get more than 20-30K a week as a free agent. By your sums he would lose out on 40K a week at best, over the 10 months thats about £1.7m. He will leave us on a free and probably get a contract in the region of £40-£50K p/w or more if Saudi, plus a hefty signing on fee. No brainer  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

Should get rid & get Phil Jones in on a free until we find a more permanent option. 

:ph34r:

He's not. Re-signed for Utd. 

Edit. 

Just saw that he's not signed, he's just hanging around the academy like a creepy uncle. 

Edited by Scotch
  • Haha 3