Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DZ-LCFC

Vestergaard to Anderlecht?

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

70+ which is absolutely massive outside of England. Especially outside the Champions League. No way Anderlecht getting near that. 

Agreed, but surely they're giving the 2 Kaspers a decent whack? Maybe that's why they've maxed out.

I want to gone as much as anyone but can’t blame him in this case. The Fulham one last summer yes. But in the winter with a baby due to now with a little one and being in the side, I can see why he wouldn’t want to go. Like there are other reasons other than financial.

26 minutes ago, Babylon said:

For not taking a likely pay cut and uproot his family to a new country?

People abusing him for this are on another planet, none of you would do the same.

I do not respect him, nor his flagrant lack of ambition. He lost his place in the Danish side because he'd rather run out a contract even though he had been actively banished under the previous manager.

My frustration is not just this falling through - at least he is in the first 11 for now. It is all the other times when he could have secured good moves on good money,  to Premier League clubs, to play at a club that clearly doesnt rate him at all. I find that lack of ambition quite sad, and compounding that, he is a drag on the club's finances.

Also please dont assume we'd all be as unambitious as Vestergaard. There are some things more valuable than money. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Would you take a pay cut for no reason whatsoever? You should be directing your remarks to those who offered him the contract!

As always, you can’t compare footballers to people with normal jobs that have to think whether they can afford to pay the rent/mortgage. 
A footballer earning maybe £3m a year, could decide to take for example £2.5m without seeing any drop in their living standards. Which is what he should have done last season when Fulham came calling and he went on to miss the World Cup. 

Now though with him only having one year left and back in favour, I can see why Anderlecht might not be as appealing. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Viva said:

As always, you can’t compare footballers to people with normal jobs that have to think whether they can afford to pay the rent/mortgage. 
A footballer earning maybe £3m a year, could decide to take for example £2.5m without seeing any drop in their living standards. Which is what he should have done last season when Fulham came calling and he went on to miss the World Cup. 

Now though with him only having one year left and back in favour, I can see why Anderlecht might not be as appealing. 

Like everyone he will have committments to match his lifestyle, as does anyone whether you are making £10K a year of £100K a year. I still don't believe it's in his interests to take a 17% paycut as you suggest just to benefit his employer who offered him the package in the first place. 

10 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Like everyone he will have committments to match his lifestyle, as does anyone whether you are making £10K a year of £100K a year. I still don't believe it's in his interests to take a 17% paycut as you suggest just to benefit his employer who offered him the package in the first place. 

Commitments like how much money to invest, rather than whether they can afford to pay the bills. So it still is very different at that level of income.
Like I said, I can understand why he would sit it out now with less than a year of his contract left and back in favour.
Missing out on a World Cup and sticking around a club where the manager doesn’t like you, the owner wants you out and the fans hate you would have made many others keen on a move last summer though. However, he made his choice which he was entitled to. Fans are entitled to still hate him though for sticking around when he wasn’t contributing at all. 

5 minutes ago, Viva said:

Commitments like how much money to invest, rather than whether they can afford to pay the bills. So it still is very different at that level of income.
Like I said, I can understand why he would sit it out now with less than a year of his contract left and back in favour.
Missing out on a World Cup and sticking around a club where the manager doesn’t like you, the owner wants you out and the fans hate you would have made many others keen on a move last summer though. However, he made his choice which he was entitled to. Fans are entitled to still hate him though for sticking around when he wasn’t contributing at all. 

You aren't understanding my point so we'll leave it there 

1 hour ago, Viva said:

people are OK to hate someone for basically not wanting to move his family whist his wife was due to have a baby? 

Odd reason to hate someone that! 

He basically choose his family over his international career, fair play to him i say, it must have been a tough decision but i respect him. 

You have to remember its not his fault that we gave him such a big contract. If you want to hate anyone hate the club for it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

@Tommy G are you ok? The comments all seem very serious. Is there major offence taken because I used the phase Bellend? If so, I apologise unreservedly. It was intended to be somewhat humorous. 

I was curious as to why you thought Vestergaard was a bellend, no need to lose sleep about it. Move on