Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DZ-LCFC

Vestergaard to Anderlecht?

Struggle to fathom put what he's up to. He's just wasted the last 18 months of his career up until this season and even now he'll see reduced football once Coady is back. We'd have subsidised his wages to make up any shortfall at Anderlecht for the rest of the season I suspect, so this is purely a longer term money play when he's a free agent next summer.

Could have earnt vast money in Saudi but didn't want to - fair enough. But knows come the summer this is his last opportunity to get a biggish contract and playing assurances a bonus.

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Struggle to fathom put what he's up to. He's just wasted the last 18 months of his career up until this season and even now he'll see reduced football once Coady is back. We'd have subsidised his wages to make up any shortfall at Anderlecht for the rest of the season I suspect, so this is purely a longer term money play when he's a free agent next summer.

Could have earnt vast money in Saudi but didn't want to - fair enough. But knows come the summer this is his last opportunity to get a biggish contract and playing assurances a bonus.

I can hugely understand the abroad moves, uprooting your family etc especially with a new born. 

The only one I hold some annoyance for is the Fulham move.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I can hugely understand the abroad moves, uprooting your family etc especially with a new born. 

The only one I hold some annoyance for is the Fulham move.

And on that one didn't he say that Rodgers had told him that it was a fresh start and he was part of his plans? May not be entirely true, of course.

14 minutes ago, Craig said:

And on that one didn't he say that Rodgers had told him that it was a fresh start and he was part of his plans? May not be entirely true, of course.

Yeah he did, it stinks of Rodger’s being an utterly weak coward. Just as he was here: 

“With Brendan Rodgers, there was a lot going on,” Carroll told The Times.

“What he was saying to me and what was actually happening [were different things]. He was telling me one thing to my face, then I’d leave the training ground and he would ring me and tell me a completely different thing.

“He would say: ‘You’re going to play every week, you’re going to play every game up front with [Luis] Suarez’. I’d leave and get home and he would ring me and say: ‘Fulham and West Ham want you and I think it’s best you should go.’

“I had just had a conversation with him ten minutes ago. So I would go back and see him and he would say the opposite again.

3 hours ago, goose2010 said:

people are OK to hate someone for basically not wanting to move his family whist his wife was due to have a baby? 

Odd reason to hate someone that! 

He basically choose his family over his international career, fair play to him i say, it must have been a tough decision but i respect him. 

You have to remember its not his fault that we gave him such a big contract. If you want to hate anyone hate the club for it. 

You make it sound like he’s lived in Leicester all his life! He had lived here for less than a year! 

1 hour ago, Viva said:

You make it sound like he’s lived in Leicester all his life! He had lived here for less than a year! 

And what ? Maybe he has laid down roots, got his kids into schools and actually likes the area? 

These are humans as well you know. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Seems like you know exactly what he's upto to be fair Ric :D 

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

He didn’t move to Fulham because the dickhead in charge blew smoke up his arse about being involved. Then didn’t involve him. See how Rodger’s dealt with Andy Carroll and his comments and also Vestergaards. He then turned down moves abroad because his wife was about to give birth.

Also, have you considered that players are also people, with kids in school who’ve made new friends, with partners who also have an input on their lives. To suggest not wanting to uproot your family somehow lacks ambition is sad, if anything the guy has his priorities right. Family first, work second. 

Spot on. Fvcking annoying though when it’s at our expense lol 

Truthfully, I think Vesty gets some unnecessary stick. Admittedly, some of it is self-conflicted and well deserved (stating you want to leave to play in the top 5 leagues), but the amount of people I hear at games somehow find a way to put blame on him is insane, it’s like an obsession.

The guy could be on the bench and it’ll still somehow be his fault. Yes he’s as slow as a snail and turns like a bus but for me is more than adequate to play back up to Coady. We have to remember he is not a starter, it’s simply because Conor is out injured.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Tanya said:

I do not respect him, nor his flagrant lack of ambition. He lost his place in the Danish side because he'd rather run out a contract even though he had been actively banished under the previous manager.

My frustration is not just this falling through - at least he is in the first 11 for now. It is all the other times when he could have secured good moves on good money,  to Premier League clubs, to play at a club that clearly doesnt rate him at all. I find that lack of ambition quite sad, and compounding that, he is a drag on the club's finances.

Also please dont assume we'd all be as unambitious as Vestergaard. There are some things more valuable than money. 

Lack of ambition, have you checked his career and what he's achieved? I take it you don't have a partner and kids, a real life, and finances to consider if offered a new less paid job in a different country? I'd tell em to stuff it, it's just a job. 

12 hours ago, goose2010 said:

And what ? Maybe he has laid down roots, got his kids into schools and actually likes the area? 

These are humans as well you know. 

He hasn’t got any children old enough for school. Would surely have been better to actually move to a club that could have been a longer term base for him, so his children wouldn’t need to move school. 

I’ve got no problem with him not moving last summer for whatever reason. It’s his right. I do have a problem with him turning down good moves and then complaining to the press about missing the World Cup or not playing etc. Unless he is stupid, he would have known he wasn’t going to start for us last season, regardless of what Rodgers told him. His form wasn’t good enough and he would have known that. 

Just keep your mouth shut and take your money. 

Similar situation to Maguire not leaving United for West Ham. Sits down, realises he's on 70k a week more at United and he's losing about 4m by moving club. The numbers won't be as huge but if he moves now on 20k a week less, he's losing 900k between now and June compared to staying here. It's our fault, sorry Jons fault, as much as the player.

• Like 2

Not sure he's played this very wisely, he see's himself in a top league but not sure he has shown enough in the past 18mths to get himself a Premier lge move in the summer & will be back on the bench in a couple of weeks time so little time to put a showcase reel together to bamboozle a potential club.
He'll also be 32 in the summer so doubt he will be getting a 3-4yr contract maybe it would have been wiser to take 1 of the offers presented to him over the18mth which would have maybe had a better option on contract length?

Edited by BKLFox

On 05/09/2023 at 11:05, Finnegan said:

70+ which is absolutely massive outside of England. Especially outside the Champions League. No way Anderlecht getting near that. 

No, but 20-30k a week on a 4 year deal is a lot better than 70k a week until June.

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

Mildly, but then he didn't hold a gun to the clubs head when they offered to buy him on large wages. I think people just need to forget about it, he alone isn't the issue. 

Yeah nobody ever seems to criticise John Rudkin.

23 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

No, but 20-30k a week on a 4 year deal is a lot better than 70k a week until June.

Clubs tend to pay higher wages to free agents cos they don't have to lump up a fee and there is more of a bidding war. He's probably confident of a decent contract somewhere once he's done here. 

• Like 1