Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DZ-LCFC

Vestergaard to Anderlecht?

Snap their hands off.

His total lack of pace and physicality is such a weakness for us and I suspect that Southampton, Norwich etc over the coming weeks will exploit that more than any of the other teams we’ve faced so far.

He also still looks totally disinterested and almost quite arrogant at times.

I suspect, judging by Enzo’s comments recently, Souttar has stated that he wants to leave rather than Enzo believing that he can’t play within this system. He absolutely could.

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Interesting! His deal is over end of season so (like Nacho and Ndidi should have), we should sell.

When Coady comes back he will be down the pecking order, and I imagine if Justin can stay fit and get stronger we have backup in him and Nelson to develop. 

There is also the Souttar situation that has to get sorted, so potentially more backup there.

If he goes, then i think he handled himself absolutely brilliantly this season. A huge part of the system rebuild.

Yeah, can't quite say "impressed", but more than fine this season. In fact I've been quite impressed by him...

Damnit! :angry:

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Less about if we accept it and more if he does or not.

We've accepted numerous bids before and he's rejected them all 

It's the Fulham one that's the most annoying - he missed out on the world cup because of his obstinacy. Fulham's wages would have been decent as well. 

The other rejections I get to some extent - not wanting to move to Saudi or Germany when his partner was pregnant. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Snap their hands off.

His total lack of pace and physicality is such a weakness for us and I suspect that Southampton, Norwich etc over the coming weeks will exploit that more than any of the other teams we’ve faced so far.

He also still looks totally disinterested and almost quite arrogant at times.

I suspect, judging by Enzo’s comments recently, Souttar has stated that he wants to leave rather than Enzo believing that he can’t play within this system. He absolutely could.

What comments?

Coady, Souttar, and Faes at their previous clubs were all mainly used in the middle of a back 3

Doyle also played there a bit for Cov as well

I would have no problem letting Vestergaard leave

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

What comments?

“It is what it is. If you want to leave, you don’t leave, and you stay, it is what it is. It’s not because of me or because of the club or because of the player, it’s a mix between all of us. The moment you decide to leave and you don’t leave, you have to stay.”

When asked about reintegrating in the exiled players. There’s only Daka and Souttar left who have been exiled, so I think it’s safe to assume that Souttar wanted to leave.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Sell. Move Doyle inside and then sign Yanis Hamache on a free transfer.

Agree on Doyle but could  JJ play at LCB if he's not forever lost to injury?

He should be quick enough to deal with pacey wingers & was always good at getting up and down the pitch...

If not, why can't Souttar be brought back into the fold? Appreciate he's about as slow as Doyle but we can get a dogsh*t defender off the books here a year early.

Edited by Frost

3 minutes ago, Frost said:

Agree on Doyle but could  JJ play at LCB if he's not forever lost to injury?

He should be quick enough to deal with pacey wingers & was always good at getting up and down the pitch...

If not, why can't Souttar be brought back into the fold? Appreciate he's about as slow as Doyle but we can get a dogsh*t defender off the books here a year early.

Not for me, you sound like you want to rip up what we have been working on for the last months?

People treat players like babies, I have zero time for it. Souttar is not the same level of passer as Jannick ( Jannick 100% should go but only when Coady is back or we have a replacement). Iversen does not fit how we want to play, he should also go. Ward is utter tripe and should go. Daka the same.

The manager is new, enough backing players over the manager, so we back him and his choices until it turns to shite

25 minutes ago, Ricey said:

“It is what it is. If you want to leave, you don’t leave, and you stay, it is what it is. It’s not because of me or because of the club or because of the player, it’s a mix between all of us. The moment you decide to leave and you don’t leave, you have to stay.”

When asked about reintegrating in the exiled players. There’s only Daka and Souttar left who have been exiled, so I think it’s safe to assume that Souttar wanted to leave.

Even if he did want to leave (or at least express a desire to) , he hasn't, you have a chat with the lad and establish if he wants to work hard and play football. Assuming the answer is yes (and all the indications are Souttar comes across well in terms of attitude) then it's a clean slate. 

Unless a player is coasting, I wouldn''t give two hoots what their real motives are.