Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Interesting..............

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=9...toid=2124634297

Anyone else heard anything about this? That Parker has always impressed me when i've seen him play and surprised he's not playing at a higher level. Also we are after one of Leeds strikers? Probably aload of bollocks, but why would some Blackpool fans know this or more importantly make it up if it wasn't true?

Good find.

As Blackpool are my second team, I'm gutted that they could be losing their star striker.

And also gutted that we might be interested in signing another player who isn't going to make much of a short term impact.

Bring back the glorious, blinkered short-termism of those heady Micky Adams days.

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=9...toid=2124634297

Anyone else heard anything about this? That Parker has always impressed me when i've seen him play and surprised he's not playing at a higher level. Also we are after one of Leeds strikers? Probably aload of bollocks, but why would some Blackpool fans know this or more importantly make it up if it wasn't true?

Interesting indeed! i quite liked the look of parker when he played down here, and if he dives alot joey can put away all his pens :D

He's also very similar to the Connolly/Hume type player who is constantly busy and terrorising defences and often not in the box when the ball comes in. I thought Levein would have taken a look at him in the summer as i'm sure he was linked with Hearts a few seasons ago when he burst on the scene.

I think we need an old fashioned centre forward to give us something different, Kris Boyd or Lee Miller fit that bill from the SPL.

He's also very similar to the Connolly/Hume type player who is constantly busy and terrorising defences and often not in the box when the ball comes in. I thought Levein would have taken a look at him in the summer as i'm sure he was linked with Hearts a few seasons ago when he burst on the scene.

I think we need an old fashioned centre forward to give us something different, Kris Boyd or Lee Miller fit that bill from the SPL.

I think we need to look outside the scottish leagues, we have already seen that the standard and quality difference is so vast, it either takes too long to adjust(hughes) or just isn't there (kisnorbo/De vries).

Seems to keep on scoring. ;):thumbup:

Good find.

As Blackpool are my second team, I'm gutted that they could be losing their star striker.

And also gutted that we might be interested in signing another player who isn't going to make much of a short term impact.

Bring back the glorious, blinkered short-termism of those heady Micky Adams days.

agree there :D, i really think we need 2 or 3 old heads in there that will do an instant job for us :)

agree there :D, i really think we need 2 or 3 old heads in there that will do an instant job for us :)

i'm not interested in an instant job.

i want to see the young McCarthy, Gerrbrand, Stearman, Sheehan, Gudjonsson, Hughes, Hume etc... continue to develop for the future of this club. i don't want a temporary fix.

Maybury (27), sylla (29) and nissa (25) are the older more experianced heads, who still themselves have years to come

i'm not interested in an instant job.

i want to see the young McCarthy, Gerrbrand, Stearman, Sheehan, Gudjonsson, Hughes, Hume etc... continue to develop for the future of this club. i don't want a temporary fix.

Maybury (27), sylla (29) and nissa (25) are the older more experianced heads, who still themselves have years to come

They can develop, but just with 2 or 3good experianced players alongside them :D

so if we had the chance to buy alan shearer at the end of the season you wouldn't like that?

no i wouldn't. it would be a waste of money. i would only consider it if he was paid a very small amount, and such talk is just fantasy anyway

no i wouldn't. it would be a waste of money. i would only consider it if he was paid a very small amount, and such talk is just fantasy anyway

I suppose it was abit over the top, but most of the good teams have one or two decent oldies, shipperly at sheff utd?

Archived