Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Would you be happy with 2nd?

Would you be happy with 2nd?  

277 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy with 2nd?

• Yes
    • No

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

You'll just end up hearing what he wants you to hear though. 

Actions speak louder than words. And if he made changes at the higher levels of the club (if he does intend on sticking around) that would go some way to trying to win over the fans again. But he isn't ruthless enough or doesn't seem to have the guts to do it. His 'advisors' don't seem to be doing their job to enable Top to do his.

Some staged interview with a load of clichés about his 'vision' isn't enough. 

We are at the stage where 'visions' don't really help. We aren't getting back to where we were and there are constraints that weren't there when they took over the club, constraints that weren't managed anywhere near seriously enough.

We need decisive action and excellent communication with the fan base. We need to know the business plan for reversing the current course. 

I dont want to be hearing that in 5 years we will be back in the Champions League.

• Like 1

From the position we were in, not to win the title would be as bad a bottlejob as either of the 5th place finishes under Brendan.

Second would be achieving the goal, but the very definition of a pyrrhic victory.

• Like 1

Given our financial situation promotion is THE objective, it has to be.

Lets be right tho, given the lead we had we should (have won the title).

Edited by JimmyC74

Would snap your hand off for 2nd right now. Hugely important to avoiding absolute financial armageddon which will hurt us for years and years to come. From the outside in I imagine we come over as the worst entitled supporters going, but from the outside perspective you don’t see the slow slow horrow show playing out and quite what we’ve managed to piss away. 

A month a go I’d have said no. Now, I’d snap your hand off for second. 

Id still see the season a failure, although promotion would be achieved, to surrender such a commanding position so easily is unforgivable.

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 4

Absolutely take it;  there is in reality little difference between 1st and 2nd. We'd all be able to look back on how we nearly threw everything away but did enough in the end to achieve our aim, whilst sipping a pint in the summer heatwave, chuckling that Enzo is still Pep the Messiah mark2. Nothing not to like about that.

• Haha 1

At the start of the season I thought we MIGHT make play offs. Thought Leeds and Southampton would go back up, as they had things in place prior to their drops. 

When we were flying high I was pleasantly surprised but would have still snapped your hand off for second.

It doesn't matter if it's a last minute QPR-esque counter in a playoff final or scraping second - just get up.