Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Would you be happy with 2nd?

Would you be happy with 2nd?  

277 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy with 2nd?

• Yes
    • No

7 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

The simple fact is the stadium expansion can happen right now regardless. So stop blaming Seagrave lol my simple opinion. It was bad signings, paying out big wages when not needed and sticking with a useless idiot for too long was the issue. Sorry I had my rant just annoyed people don’t know how ownership or businesses work… do you think when king power bought other clubs PSR looked into that lol 

You seem to be arguing with yourself here; I am not blaming Seagrave, and have a very good understanding of how business works.  In retrospect no doubt KP would have prioritized the stadium expansion had they known PSR was coming.  Another reason PSR is stupid as it incentivizes short term revenue opportunities over long term development ones.  You are right technically KP could have done both, or indeed could throw money at the stadium today, but they didn't.  They put their money in a long term bet which is not generating any revenue today.  Even is if they start building tomorrow morning, it would be 2 years+ before the plans delivered any income to support investment in the playing side.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

You seem to be arguing with yourself here; I am not blaming Seagrave, and have a very good understanding of how business works.  In retrospect no doubt KP would have prioritized the stadium expansion had they known PSR was coming.  Another reason PSR is stupid as it incentivizes short term revenue opportunities over long term development ones.  You are right technically KP could have done both, or indeed could throw money at the stadium today, but they didn't.  They put their money in a long term bet which is not generating any revenue today.  Even is if they start building tomorrow morning, it would be 2 years+ before the plans delivered any income to support investment in the playing side.

It just annoys me with too many blaming Seagrave, to be honest when that produces good footballers, and we are generating money from youth development, better than belvoir ever could, I want them to hand them humble pie.  Anyway I had my rant lol I sense an anxiety within king power now, whether a stadium expansion helps their business. Rather than LCFC, Viachi was about Leicester but not so sure about Top 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It just annoys me with too many blaming Seagrave, to be honest when that produces good footballers, and we are generating money from youth development, better than belvoir ever could, I want them to hand them humble pie.  Anyway I had my rant lol I sense an anxiety within king power now, whether a stadium expansion helps their business 

It would be a brave possibly foolhardy investment at this point I would say.  What money have we generated from Seagrave so far?  Have any players come through there which we could really say were down to the facilities?

4 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

It would be a brave possibly foolhardy investment at this point I would say.  What money have we generated from Seagrave so far?  Have any players come through there which we could really say were down to the facilities?

It’s been there for not long enough to produce lol that is why it is a long term investment. I’m worried about king power and top now, because they are capable of just cutting the losses. I doubt Top had Viachi’s vision for the club. They could sell the training ground and the stadium and get out… or just sell the club with both who knows. Top isn’t his Dad. It is better they sold the club with both including the expansion Viachi had in mind 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

Why do you think Man U hate the glazers lol Top isn’t moving forward with the expansion now. King power we can’t rely on, our club needs to be in good hands. I wish every fan understood how business works lol 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Top isn’t leaving us in debt I guarantee you that,  but talking has a fan I would like to hear his vision for the club; he isn’t his dad, I just myself feel stranded in the middle of no where. King power seem anxious though, is how I see it 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Top isn’t leaving us in debt I guaranteed you that

Your wallet is going to be hurting more than mine was that morning I woke up and discovered I’d drunk won a narrow boat on eBay. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Your wallet is going to be hurting more than mine was that morning I woke up and discovered I’d drunk won a narrow boat on eBay. 

It was a lovely narrow boat right? I might have to use it with my comments tonight lol I know business and I’m just annoyed with those blaming seagrave or expansion lol neither have nothing to do with PSR that is all I’m saying… it depends how king power play it. King power can make 100 training grounds and stadiums freely, just does it offer them good profit? 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

The simple fact is king power could build a trillion pound stadium if they wanted and then rented it..  it is simple business… but like any normal business they need return on investment. Viachi believed in the club and wanted a top four team his son is dwindling on an expansion and doesn’t believe the club is worth the money… he had to go through with the training facilities, because there wasn’t any backing out… just too much in it 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

I’ll give Top one thing he sees things right, he almost feels like he needs to keep the club because his Dad loved us… but he doesn’t feel that way. The training facilities had already gone through before Viachi passed away. Top I hope sells and realises he would do better supporting his dad by doing so, there isn’t that passion. People can call me crazy all you like but top doesn’t have his dads view 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

I have spoke alot lol all I can say is if the stadium expansion and plans don’t go through we know where our owners sit now. King power comes through that investment. You think a few million over PSR would stop the stadium development and plans not at all they aren’t connected. All that matters is how much Top wants to develop the club. 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

it will be interesting if we do finish top

2, to see the reaction too and anyone else from the board gets at any celebrations. I’m not sure even if we are winning people will be so quick to forgive them. 

But then again, we clap players for getting relegated 🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Top isn’t leaving us in debt I guarantee you that,  but talking has a fan I would like to hear his vision for the club; he isn’t his dad, I just myself feel stranded in the middle of no where. King power seem anxious though, is how I see it 

You'll just end up hearing what he wants you to hear though. 

Actions speak louder than words. And if he made changes at the higher levels of the club (if he does intend on sticking around) that would go some way to trying to win over the fans again. But he isn't ruthless enough or doesn't seem to have the guts to do it. His 'advisors' don't seem to be doing their job to enable Top to do his.

Some staged interview with a load of clichés about his 'vision' isn't enough. 

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Still no - I'd be relieved but I wouldn't be happy. But we won't be getting 2nd either.

Both points are correct. I feel that if we somehow scrape to second against Blackburn I'd still be pissed off at how bad the collapse had been (again).