Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Would you be happy with 2nd?

Would you be happy with 2nd?  

277 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy with 2nd?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

No because we're in such a prime and dominant position at this current stage, it'll be one hell of a reversal in form and collapse to end up 2nd. And when you consider the opposition we've played and the sheer gulf in class between the majority of them and us, we'll have to turn to absolute shite to bottle it from here.

If Ipswich win their two games in hand they're be 2 points behind us. It wouldn't be bottling it at all. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bovril said:

If Ipswich win their two games in hand they're be 2 points behind us. It wouldn't be bottling it at all. 

But as Mr Ferguson once said, you'd rather have the points than the games in hand. Given Leeds current form, one slip from Ipswich and they're looking over their shoulder. The further we distance ourselves from that, the more likely anyone from probably as low as 12th up to 2nd will be involved in a bit of a promotion dog fight.

I'm the eternal pessimist and if you offered me 2nd before the season started, taking into account the uncertainty, the general negative feeling amongst the fan base, the untested manager, the horror show that was the tour of the far East and the performances in pre season, I'd have snapped your hand off 

Right now, nope, let's enjoy the ride and see where it takes us and just keep hoping we carry this on

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

But as Mr Ferguson once said, you'd rather have the points than the games in hand. Given Leeds current form, one slip from Ipswich and they're looking over their shoulder. The further we distance ourselves from that, the more likely anyone from probably as low as 12th up to 2nd will be involved in a bit of a promotion dog fight.

I'm the eternal pessimist and if you offered me 2nd before the season started, taking into account the uncertainty, the general negative feeling amongst the fan base, the untested manager, the horror show that was the tour of the far East and the performances in pre season, I'd have snapped your hand off 

Right now, nope, let's enjoy the ride and see where it takes us and just keep hoping we carry this on

I agree but people are talking about finishing 2nd like it'd be a 2019/20 type collapse, when really it's still pretty tight 

10 minutes ago, bovril said:

We've started incredibly and I think we'll go up with games to spare but people need to chillout with the breaking records stuff. We could've lost last night and there will be bumps on the road. 2nd would be wonderful.

If my aunt had wheels she'd be a bike. 

We could have lost, but we didn't. We could have lost a couple more too, but we didn't. We could have beat Everton last season and stayed up, but we didn't.

It's not football manager, we can't switch off without saving every time a result isn't going our way and I'm sure we'll drop points in a few games, but playing the way we are, performing the way we are, after last season, let's just enjoy and dream again 

Would I be happy with automatic promotion? ... Yes

We've become a cocky confident bunch on here over the past couple of months. A long way to go and some very good sides still yet to be seen off - Middlesbrough, Leeds & Ipswich. Like what happened last season with Arsenal fading the Premier League against Man City, you can still be reined in. I hope an arrogance doesn't infect the players, The Championship is a grind.

The number of no's is bizarre, especially since a stupidly high chunk of people tipped us for a double relegation. We can still finish 2nd with 110-115pts without it being something to grumble at. If someone wants to run beserk behind us and win 95% of their remaining games to topple us then fair play to them. 

Edited by Stinkenzo
  • Like 3

Negative mind set is something we need to rid after last season.

Win the league.

Set a points total that will never be beaten.

Aim for 100 goal difference.

Go into the Premier  league on a high and have some of the big boys like Luton and Forest  fear us.

Fexk this 2nd place bo110x.

Enzos taking no prisoners😎

Edited by Raj
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After the complete mismanagement of the club over the last 18 months that landed us here automatic promotion was the minimum I would accept for this season. That’s how hacked off I am with the club. 

Yes I would take 2nd place but I would feel we had fell short especially after the start we have had. 

In reality come the end of February I want us over the hill and so far away the chasing pack have conceded first place. 

That feeling doesn’t come from arrogance but anger and frustration at how we fell from grace. 100% behind the playing staff, not quite ready to make nice with the board. 

40 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Yes of course. You’d genuinely feel “unhappy” with getting promoted?

It won’t be the same as winning the league but “not being happy” as a result of promotion is just daft.

Without doubt, you’d be happy with finishing second in this rabble of a league? We have an all star team who are playing a different sport to the Tesco value opposition. Yet you think people are ‘daft’ for accepting a number of defeats…. It’s competitive sport, not a McDonald’s birthday party.