Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dnewty

Coventry Away (13th January Saturday 3pm KO)

5 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Was always going to sell out fast. 30 miles up the road on a saturday and probably the biggest away game of the season. No idea where the confidence came from that it’d drop down the brackets

I guess the fact that places like Cardiff (with a fraction of the tickets) still on sale.

We sell 4,500 to this no problem.

You could say it's because it's Coventry and the rivalry. Nah, majority will be the "it's only down the road, do you fancy it wendy" brigade.

Is what it is, perhaps its just coincidence our atmosphere is embarrassing. 

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I guess the fact that places like Cardiff (with a fraction of the tickets) still on sale.

We sell 4,500 to this no problem.

You could say it's because it's Coventry and the rivalry. Nah, majority will be the "it's only down the road, do you fancy it wendy" brigade.

Is what it is, perhaps its just coincidence our atmosphere is embarrassing. 

Cardiffs also 3 plus hours away and a night game, Coventrys 25 minutes away and a rival. Alot of people would of looked for this game as soon as the fixtures released. Im sure we’d of sold 8k plus to this if offered

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Cardiffs also 3 plus hours away and a night game, Coventrys 25 minutes away and a rival

For the majority of the away end, it's probably the biggest hostility they've had since The Battle Of The Somme.

Edited by adejo92
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

4,500 vocal fans there for the fearce rivalry.

Il have to turn my TV down as to not damage the speakers.

Like I say, it is what it is.  Could have been a cracking atmosphere.

it could be the atmosphere of the century but we'd still have people moaning on here. comparing cov on a saturday to cardiff on a friday night with no trains back is really pushing it. 

• Like 3

Have to say quite annoyed at the points system after this. Having been to Swansea, Boro, Tranmere and Saints, whilst also being based in Essex and attending almost every home game and I can’t get to the best away games. So annoying that fans who put in the effort can’t get there because other people have been there longer

• Thanks 1