Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dnewty

Coventry Away (13th January Saturday 3pm KO)

12 minutes ago, gp96 said:

Has anyone asked the club if we’d request one of the two empty blocks next to the away end? If not who’s probably the best person to email as you’d think there would be demand for it? 

[email protected]

[email protected] 

Enough emails may have worked with sheff weds but think they always had that in their plans. Asked for West Brom and they said they had no intention of asking for the extra empty block, same will be the case for cov due to segregation. 

6 hours ago, Channies6thswan said:

We are getting train from Crewe to Nuneaton. What’s the best way to get from Nuneaton to the CBS arena?

As already stated, there's an hourly Nuneaton to Leamington Spa service that stops at Coventry Arena, right by the ground.

Some years ago they had issues, whereby trains didn't stop there after the match ... for the ridiculous reason, that the train operator couldn't provide big enough trains!   I don't know if this is still an issue, but it will be a very busy train back to Nuneaton unless they put on extra carriages.

btw if you're coming from the Leicester/Nuneaton direction, buy a day return to Coventry, not Coventry Arena.   It's the same price, but just in case they don't stop at the Arena afterwards, and you have to go back into Coventry to catch the train.

On 31/12/2023 at 17:53, worth_the_wait said:

As already stated, there's an hourly Nuneaton to Leamington Spa service that stops at Coventry Arena, right by the ground.

Some years ago they had issues, whereby trains didn't stop there after the match ... for the ridiculous reason, that the train operator couldn't provide big enough trains!   I don't know if this is still an issue, but it will be a very busy train back to Nuneaton unless they put on extra carriages.

btw if you're coming from the Leicester/Nuneaton direction, buy a day return to Coventry, not Coventry Arena.   It's the same price, but just in case they don't stop at the Arena afterwards, and you have to go back into Coventry to catch the train.

Thanks for this. 
a mate of mine said it’s better to go by bus. Is that right?

2 hours ago, Channies6thswan said:

Thanks for this. 
a mate of mine said it’s better to go by bus. Is that right?

I'm not really sure what the current situation is.

Last time I went by train to the main Cov station, and caught a bus from the bus station up to the ground.   

There were buses back afterwards, but I decided to walk back to the station (which was a bit silly, as it's a very long walk)

That was over 10 years ago, and I don't know what the score is now.

I can only suggest hunting around various message boards to see if any other away fans have recent experiences, or check out guides such as:

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/fans/away-fan-info/

https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/championship/coventry-city.html

https://www.awaygames.co.uk/away-day-guides/coventry-city-away

Sorry can't be any more helpful.

I live in Nuneaton and work in Coventry so here is my input.

Parking - street parking is difficult as it’s all permit holders only. There is a couple of match day car parks on winding house lane, I think it’s £10 and a 10 minute walk to the stadium. 

Pubs - it will be difficult to find anywhere to get a drink before the game. There are a few pubs in Longford but these are home fans only and given our past history I’m sure there will be a large police presence. 

There is a green king pub called the bull and anchor in Ash Green (15 to 20 minutes walk) that does normally allow away fans that maybe an option.

My advice would be to get the train to Nuneaton and have a few beers there. There are a few pubs within 5 minutes of the station, The Weatherspoons opens nice and early. Then even jump on the 48 bus (£2) which takes around 35 minutes and drops off close to the stadium or if there’s a few of you get an Uber, only 15 minutes away and looking around £15.

• Like 1

On 01/01/2024 at 10:00, tsmiggy30 said:

Where do people park, when they go to the ground. I know there is a shopping centre next to the ground. Is it possible to park on there? If not any ideas.

I’m surprised more people have not mentioned JustPark or one of the other ‘park on my drive’ options. I use them for just about every away game and costs, on average, a fiver! For this game I’m on a private driveway 10 mins away from the ground. Got to be worth a look rather than buses and taxis!

35 minutes ago, Foxinmarkfield said:

I’m surprised more people have not mentioned JustPark or one of the other ‘park on my drive’ options. I use them for just about every away game and costs, on average, a fiver! For this game I’m on a private driveway 10 mins away from the ground. Got to be worth a look rather than buses and taxis!

Just Park is brilliant. I got a bargain on there for Wembley in 2021

On 01/01/2024 at 10:54, adejo92 said:

mobility-scooter-parking.jpg.920293826886e55d5277f667b6080c41.jpg

You cant park there, that's the players car park.

on a serious note, there used to be a couple of WMC type clubs about 10 minutes walk from the ground that used to charge £5 to park on match days & that also enabled entry to the bar.

Not been for about a decade so the price has probably doubled, that's if the clubs are still there.

1 hour ago, Smiffy Fox said:

I live in Nuneaton and work in Coventry so here is my input.

Parking - street parking is difficult as it’s all permit holders only. There is a couple of match day car parks on winding house lane, I think it’s £10 and a 10 minute walk to the stadium. 

Pubs - it will be difficult to find anywhere to get a drink before the game. There are a few pubs in Longford but these are home fans only and given our past history I’m sure there will be a large police presence. 

There is a green king pub called the bull and anchor in Ash Green (15 to 20 minutes walk) that does normally allow away fans that maybe an option.

My advice would be to get the train to Nuneaton and have a few beers there. There are a few pubs within 5 minutes of the station, The Weatherspoons opens nice and early. Then even jump on the 48 bus (£2) which takes around 35 minutes and drops off close to the stadium or if there’s a few of you get an Uber, only 15 minutes away and looking around £15.

Do they prevent you from parking at the Arena Shopping Centre?  Thanks

1 hour ago, tsmiggy30 said:

Thank you for that. My wife would take that up shopping, so maybe rope her in. Like you say how would they monitor the two hours, and it would not be difficult to be there longer than 2 hours. 

I bet if you had a shopping receipt during the match hours you'd easily get away with it (e.g. if your wife shopped as you were at the game).