Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dnewty

Coventry Away (13th January Saturday 3pm KO)

I’m being brutally honest when I say what happened to our away ends and why are they filled with OAPS now ? Every away game we’ve been on I’ve watched matchday vlogs from the home fans and sound poor compared to when other teams goes there.

I think cov away will be more for the daytrip as it’s ‘down the road’ bet some people don’t even realise the hatred between us and cov 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, lcfcjosh said:

I’m being brutally honest when I say what happened to our away ends and why are they filled with OAPS now ? Every away game we’ve been on I’ve watched matchday vlogs from the home fans and sound poor compared to when other teams goes there.

I think cov away will be more for the daytrip as it’s ‘down the road’ bet some people don’t even realise the hatred between us and cov 

It’s not all OAPs that don’t sing, some do and try to get involved. We have young fans that just stand there in silence. But we do seem to have so many old fans, never known a club like it 

1 hour ago, lcfcjosh said:

Why do you wanna go then

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Was always going to sell out fast. 30 miles up the road on a saturday and probably the biggest away game of the season. No idea where the confidence came from that it’d drop down the brackets

The first 3 days sold pretty slow, especially day 3. I need to remember for future refence that the 501-520 bracket is obviously huge.

2 hours ago, boots60 said:

I think the OAP's would definitely realise the hatred between us & Cov.

i know, I'm one of them, excuse me, must go, time for my nap.

This, its more likely to be the younger supporters who don't realise, most have never known us be rubbish. Try to make out Liverpool or Spurs are our natural foes

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

The first 3 days sold pretty slow, especially day 3. I need to remember for future refence that the 501-520 bracket is obviously huge.

This bracket is always a strange one, for this game over 1000 sold, but for Ipswich only a couple of hundred were sold in this bracket. Probably a lot in this one who have had their ST for 10 years plus (500 points for renewing each year) but with less than 20 away games in that period, probably not gone anywhere out of the midlands 🤦🏼‍♂️

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, JakeBlue119 said:

This bracket is always a strange one, for this game over 1000 sold, but for Ipswich only a couple of hundred were sold in this bracket. Probably a lot in this one who have had their ST for 10 years plus (500 points for renewing each year) but with less than 20 away games in that period, probably not gone anywhere out of the midlands 🤦🏼‍♂️

Think you're spot on tbh.

1 hour ago, Harpenden Fox said:

It’s the young people who are to blame. Anyone under the age of 30 simply spend the whole game staring at their phone. Meanwhile us old people can’t remember where we’ve put our phones, or even what it is we are watching. 

That’s where your problem lies. Now, what’s for tea?

Hahahahah, I agree!!! Clubs like Man city, Man u, Leeds, Liverpool etc 22 year old away fans arrive with only quarter full drip trays, brand new trackies and phones full of battery. Their old people are always drunk. Why is it in our fanbase our 17-25 year old away fans are especially 'special' with full drip trays and dead phones after filming all the sceeeenes? Why aren't our OAP fans as drunk and a 20 pack of B&H down? 

1 hour ago, Harpenden Fox said:

It’s the young people who are to blame. Anyone under the age of 30 simply spend the whole game staring at their phone. Meanwhile us old people can’t remember where we’ve put our phones, or even what it is we are watching. 

That’s where your problem lies. Now, what’s for tea?

Nearer the truth than you know, makes me laugh that the so called old brigade are blamed whenever the atmosphere is crap.I was surrounded by the younger generation at QPR who spent the part of the game they were actually in the stand all on their phones putting bets on, discussing every goal scored in the PL, then checking how said bets were going , that was before they disappeared for a pint around the 38th minute before returning at least 5 minutes into the 2nd half to start laying bets again.

Had similar experiences elsewhere this season.

• Like 2