Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Matt O’Riley

With all due respect to Wilf, O'Riley, KDH and Winks would be a terrific midfield in this system. 

Only issue I can see is him and KDH are both left footed no? Probably got more of a right foot than KDH mind. Although that's perhaps not saying much, love KDH but Long John Silver is probably more two footed. 

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

A class act, could see him doing well down south, he's really elevated his game to another level this season which is particularly impressive given everything around him is a bin fire.

Apparently we want a record fee for him however so he won't be cheap, north of £25m and Newcastle rumoured to have a strong interest.

Can't wait for us to get the big fee for him and then use it to sign 7 players that if you joined them all together couldn't make a single decent player.

Rodgers effect in full flow then? 

Cheers for the info. I didn’t know if he’d be attainable now. Maybe that’s why we’re potentially going in January.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Apparently we want a record fee for him however so he won't be cheap, north of £25m and Newcastle rumoured to have a strong interest.

No offence but I take this with a bit of a pinch of salt. 

Transfer rumours for players outside the absolute elite nearly always have a player going to a bigger club for more money than they generally end up. Hence there was a time Barnes was going to United, Tielemans to Arsenal then Barca or Bayern and Madders to Man City. 

About 20 + add ons to a bottom half Premier League club (or a freak outlier like us in our current situation) wouldn't be a massive shock. Newcastle stumping up 25-30 would probably be more surprising. 

On 18/12/2023 at 07:20, Muzzy_Larsson said:

A class act, could see him doing well down south, he's really elevated his game to another level this season which is particularly impressive given everything around him is a bin fire.

Can't wait for us to get the big fee for him and then use it to sign 7 players that if you joined them all together couldn't make a single decent player.

This is the way

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah very much so mate. Thing is, I expected this to happen as you'll testify to but not anywhere near so soon. Rodgers usually gets a bounce the first 6-12 months where things improve and then the decline starts. He's just decided to start the decline from day one this team. We've lost two players from a side that won the treble. that played over the previous two seasons perhaps the most attractive football I've seen in a Celtic side and Rodgers has set fire to that, and bar O'Riley made everyone else regress. We've went from a team that played at the speed and splendour of a ferrari to a decrepit pensioner on a zimmer frame.

Yep, agree with this, I was at the Kilmarnock Celtic game, thought Celtic were very poor, and deserved to lose. Rodgers at his best

On 19/12/2023 at 13:30, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah very much so mate. Thing is, I expected this to happen as you'll testify to but not anywhere near so soon. Rodgers usually gets a bounce the first 6-12 months where things improve and then the decline starts. He's just decided to start the decline from day one this team. We've lost two players from a side that won the treble. that played over the previous two seasons perhaps the most attractive football I've seen in a Celtic side and Rodgers has set fire to that, and bar O'Riley made everyone else regress. We've went from a team that played at the speed and splendour of a ferrari to a decrepit pensioner on a zimmer frame.

Yeah, but it's not Rodgers fault. There is not enough investment and quality in the squad. In fact, if he stays in the Scottish Prem with this team it's his best ever manager season. 

Plus, there have been load of injuries and the fans are on the players backs. 

Can't believe you all pick on Rodgers so much. 

Edited by TommyK
  • Haha 4

Not sure we will be able to compete for this signing if Newcaslte and company are interested in him. A shame because he is probably close a perfect signing for us. Only way we get a chance is if he decides to stay at Celtic until the summer and we get promoted and we are a more attractive proposition then. Unless we can offer big money and big wages and he can see the bigger picture and wants to be a part of that?

He’s stated he wants to stay at Celtic in January. Then the figure is £30m in the summer. Maybe at this point he’s unattainable unless we plan to splash big upon our return to the Premier League.