Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wrighty22

Ipswich Home

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

What's the stance on buying tickets for people via your season ticket? Apparently from today you are able to do so but when I go onto the site it says I've exceeded my limit?

Its back tracked to the 60s..

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

What's the stance on buying tickets for people via your season ticket? Apparently from today you are able to do so but when I go onto the site it says I've exceeded my limit?

I tried this. I think you can only buy for someone who has an account and it’s linked to your account. 

11 hours ago, Wrighty22 said:

I tried this. I think you can only buy for someone who has an account and it’s linked to your account. 

10 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

@Dan LCFC   Yep, and it typically always starts off by saying "exceeded your limit" until you change the ticket to a different owner, in your friends and family list.

I managed to sort it in the end. Got around the membership fee at least.

Forgive me asking, as I am increasingly out of the loop on ticketing matters, but what is the general opinion on the likelihood of this reaching those of us with an account/ticket buying history? And being on a Monday, does this reduce general demand?

20 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Forgive me asking, as I am increasingly out of the loop on ticketing matters, but what is the general opinion on the likelihood of this reaching those of us with an account/ticket buying history? And being on a Monday, does this reduce general demand?

Expecting the club to do the same as Rotherham just before Christmas and not do so - they could easily open up for the last few thousand to go to 'booking history' buyers but I doubt they will do so as I expect they think people will be tempted to buy memberships seeing as we're facing a close rival in the league.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Next to zero I would suspect. Ipswich won't send any back and it's basically singles only left already. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Can get you one via STH guest sale if you want, believe we've helped each other in the past with home tickets

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We get the mandatory 2000 for the away game and then as usual give 3300 for the return leg. 

Edit here. 

There's been a few emails to the club stating we only have to give 2,000 tickets to away fans this season..

Edited by Ashley

9 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Edit here. 

There's been a few emails to the club stating we only have to give 2,000 tickets to away fans this season..

Yeah, but they won't change anything because that would require some effort from them.

Easier to just leave things as they've been for 20 years as usual.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, EpsomFox said:

On the Ipswich ticket site it shows M section blanked out. I'm assuming that this means it is not available to Ipswich fans and will be made available to Leicester fans in due course.

Don't think Ipswich will send any back. Doesn't hit their general sale for another 6 days. They will likely sell out.

On 04/01/2024 at 09:37, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We get the mandatory 2000 for the away game and then as usual give 3300 for the return leg. 

Yep, that's our useless club/ticket office in action again.   Mind boggling stupidity.    Ipswich's capacity is 29.600, so it's not like they gave us 10% or anything like that.

It's fine us being generous to clubs like Sheff Wed, Cov, Blackburn or Preston ... as they normally give us well over the statutory minimum allocations (if we ask for it).  

But to Ipswich ffs?  

At most, we should've just given them blocks M2/M3.M4.   And even that I think is about 2600 which is a higher % than they gave us.   But to just give them 3300 straight off, just shows how our ticket office are utterly naive,  lazy,  and incompetent.

Edited by worth_the_wait
  • Like 2

Further to my earlier post, it is the M1 section which is blanked out on the Ipswich ticket site (for their fans),  leading me to assume that they cannot buy tickets there and that this section will become available for Leicester fans. 

Apologies for any confusion.

15 minutes ago, EpsomFox said:

Further to my earlier post, it is the M1 section which is blanked out on the Ipswich ticket site (for their fans),  leading me to assume that they cannot buy tickets there and that this section will become available for Leicester fans. 

Apologies for any confusion.

It’s the same for our away ticket purchases, and many other clubs. As and when the open blocks sell out, they will open more blocks for sale. If they don’t sell out, they’ll give them back to us.

• 2 weeks later...