Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gib11

Kids First Game - Question...

Due to this Saturday being general sale its a perfect opportunity to take my 3 year old to a game. He's been asking for a while but with me being a season ticket holder it's difficult to get him down there. 

Question: as he's only 3 he won't be able to go through the turnstiles on his own. Do I just need to ask a steward or is there a better way for us both to get into the stadium? 

Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Three is very young mate. My honest advice would be to give it 2 more years.

Yeah, my four-year-old wouldn't be too keen either. The noise as well as the expectation to be still and watch the game would make it really difficult for her in a packed stadium.

Probably better to start with a game where there are fewer people and the atmosphere is a bit more sedate like one of the women's games or Derby.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Yeah, my four-year-old wouldn't be too keen either. The noise as well as the expectation to be still and watch the game would make it really difficult for her in a packed stadium.

Probably better to start with a game where there are fewer people and the atmosphere is a bit more sedate like one of the women's games or Derby.

Hang on but I'm reliably led to believe the atmosphere is sedate for every match and the stadium empties very early...

39 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Every child is different I guess. I have an almost 4 year old now and she isn’t going for a few more years. My eldest has been going since he was 6, and that was a nice first experience, and we went every match since then. But even at that age, the away fans upset him a bit when Leicester lost.

42 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Noise 🤣

• Haha 3

I took my lad when he was 5 and he cried everytime we scored( think we actually beat Wolves 3-something!!)

he is still slightly scarred by it!!

Would never contemplate taking a 3 year old but each to their own.

• Like 1

Taking mine to his first match on Saturday, he is 7 next week. I don't think I would really take them if they were much younger but each to their own. Many factors that come into play.

However, with going through the turnstile, I would suggest you ask a steward to help or at least just keep close by. You could try both going through the turnstile at once or alternatively, risk scanning the first ticket and putting your kid through first, then scanning the second ticket and getting yourself through.

Maybe email the club and ask for guidance? They might send you to an alternative gated entrance to make it easier.

Just now, Gib11 said:

Appreciate the feedback. I agree it seems young but he's a massive fan and loves watching the games on tv. He's been hassling me for a while now. 

My son was 3 when I took him to his first match and he was fine and loved it. By chance we sat on the front row and he got to high five Filbert so that just added to the experience.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gib11 said:

Appreciate the feedback. I agree it seems young but he's a massive fan and loves watching the games on tv. He's been hassling me for a while now. 

Very different to on TV. If you are planning to take him still, my other suggestion is to wait for the weather to improve. Could be hard for him to sit in the cold for that long

I remember coming out of the upstairs concourse of the old Filbert Street double decker for the first time, looking down at the seats and pitch below and getting a severe case of vertigo. I was rooted to the spot, terrified, the steward happened to be our School caretaker, he held my arms and my Dad grabbed my legs and carried me shaking to my seat. I must have been what, 17, 18 :P, no I was 9 (still a bit embarrassing ?)

3 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

I remember coming out of the upstairs concourse of the old Filbert Street double decker for the first time, looking down at the seats and pitch below and getting a severe case of vertigo. I was rooted to the spot, terrified, the steward happened to be our School caretaker, he held my arms and my Dad grabbed my legs and carried me shaking to my seat. I must have been what, 17, 18 :P, no I was 9 (still a bit embarrassing ?)

I went to Filbo around the same age. It felt massive 😂😂

Not sure if it was his 1st game but took my lad to the Southampton cup game in January 2006.

He was 6 at the time.

Bloody freezing and he thought it was finished when they went off at half time and wanted to go home.

Ran out of jelly babies at around the 55 minutes mark , and Kenwyn Jones scored in injury time for Southampton,  in his awful yellow boots , for a 0-1 defeat. 

He pretty much hated the day but is still going now, every home game.

Hope it goes well for you both , but as others have said, it's a long time for someone so young and the cold can make things difficult.

You can always leave early if it gets too much.

Most home fans do it every game😂

1 hour ago, Gib11 said:

Due to this Saturday being general sale its a perfect opportunity to take my 3 year old to a game. He's been asking for a while but with me being a season ticket holder it's difficult to get him down there. 

Question: as he's only 3 he won't be able to go through the turnstiles on his own. Do I just need to ask a steward or is there a better way for us both to get into the stadium? 

Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, phoneticerror said:

Three is very young mate. My honest advice would be to give it 2 more years.

Five is still very young, too. I’d wait until they are mid-30s ……. and then take them on holiday instead???