Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gib11

Kids First Game - Question...

2 hours ago, Gib11 said:

Due to this Saturday being general sale its a perfect opportunity to take my 3 year old to a game. He's been asking for a while but with me being a season ticket holder it's difficult to get him down there. 

Question: as he's only 3 he won't be able to go through the turnstiles on his own. Do I just need to ask a steward or is there a better way for us both to get into the stadium? 

Thanks in advance. 

Both of mine have been going since they were 2. Once you've scanned their ticket you help them through the turnstile, then scan yours and walk in. If you little one is sensitive to noise it's worth buying some ear defenders just incase 👍 if he's been asking then why not treat him. 

Edited by The Quick Brown Fox
  • Like 1

in all seriousness i am taking my daughter on Sat also. She is 5 and a half and has been bugging me for a couple of seasons as i take my lad whom is now 8. He first went to VillaReal (Fofana game) when he was 5 and has lasted every match. sometimes with the assistance with Haribo. 

some times he got obsessed with the time left remaining as hes super into maths and some times he gets hung up on poor decisions. he still talks about a linesman giving Villa a throw in when hes convinced it was our ball. 0-0 draw that ended up. forgettable experience.

I took my son when he was 4. He loved it. His first game was a Fa Cup third round game, less fans and in the family section. We did leave on the 80th minute though (he wanted Nandos). He saw 2 goals and with less people around it was perhaps less intimidating.

On entry, I stood by the turnstile and pushed it through for him. Entry wasnt a problem. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weller Wing said:

Not sure if it was his 1st game but took my lad to the Southampton cup game in January 2006.

He was 6 at the time.

Bloody freezing and he thought it was finished when they went off at half time and wanted to go home.

Ran out of jelly babies at around the 55 minutes mark , and Kenwyn Jones scored in injury time for Southampton,  in his awful yellow boots , for a 0-1 defeat. 

He pretty much hated the day but is still going now, every home game.

Hope it goes well for you both , but as others have said, it's a long time for someone so young and the cold can make things difficult.

You can always leave early if it gets too much.

Most home fans do it every game😂

Patrick Gerrbrand had a nightmare that day.

I took my lad to his first game when he was just coming up to 3 - A 1 - 1 Vs Colchester last minute Dickov equaliser. 

I did spend most of the time dunking him in and out of the big wheelie bins in the concourse which was his favourite part of the day as he had no real interest in the game. 

You know your kid best but he's got one hell of an attention span for his age if he'll get through over 2 hours in the ground.

My experience of taking my nephew at that age was he wanted to go home after 20 minutes because he couldn't play. He's mid-twenties now and still a fan so not all bad.

Good luck though, always a magical experience to take your kid to their first game.

My advice would be to try and get in the ground as late as possible. You don’t want to be sat there for ages and they’re already getting cranky before the game has started because you’ve already been sat in there for half an hour. 

2 hours ago, Gib11 said:

Appreciate the feedback. I agree it seems young but he's a massive fan and loves watching the games on tv. He's been hassling me for a while now. 

Both our kids first went when they were four, and loved it.

We went with both parents though, and just posted them through the turnstile between us! If it's just you and a three year old and you don't want to post them through ahead of you, I'd ask the club if there's another way in.

1 minute ago, phoneticerror said:

This is brilliant considering the club say no under 2’s on the website 😂

I think what was better is how has a 6 month old managed to get so many priority points lol

• Haha 2

I’d probably leave it for a while mate, I was tempted to purchase a season ticket for my eldest son in August for his birthday but taking everything into consideration it really wasn’t worth the extra hassle… granted he’d just turned 27 but he’s a massive twat. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Gib11 said:

Due to this Saturday being general sale its a perfect opportunity to take my 3 year old to a game. He's been asking for a while but with me being a season ticket holder it's difficult to get him down there. 

Question: as he's only 3 he won't be able to go through the turnstiles on his own. Do I just need to ask a steward or is there a better way for us both to get into the stadium? 

Thanks in advance. 

My eldest lad was 3, hated the first game but only due to the noise.

Came back 2 months later and has barely missed a home game since and been away several times.

he is 11 now.

my younger lad comes as and when he was 7 for his first game.

On 25/01/2024 at 08:48, Gib11 said:

Thanks in advance. 

Don't hesitate, especially at the KP like a library these days ,you know yourself  if he's ready and someone one will help you at the turnstile carry him over.

I took my 4 year old to boca junior in with the bravas and he loved it on my shoulders waving the arm all game to the chants. Then we traveled to Rio for the copa final and he lapped it all up. But in south America under 5 doesn't need a ticket if he sits with you, but everyone always helped me at the turnstile or if he needed watching.