Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BKLFox

6N 2024

Just now, leicesterisme said:

Referee gives a penalty and he dosen’t have a clue who he has given the penalty against, i’d say you couldn’t make it up but he has

He saw a no arms tackle 

tbh, england spent a lot of time diving into tackles low down without wrapping - cost two pens and six points. Plenty of times it brought down the ball carrier but it’s a dengerous game to play 

3 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

I’m no rugby expert but surely if you’re winning with 5 mins to go you should just stay in possession.

Care’s box kick was a bit odd 

kicking to half way made no sense with two and half mins left  - you’re 75% of the time kicking away possession. Surely you gain as much ground as you can so the opposition are close to their 22 ??  The only reason to kick and not recycle is because you’re worried about giving away a kickable pen trying to do that for 3 mins.   Poor 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He saw a no arms tackle 

tbh, england spent a lot of time diving into tackles low down without wrapping - cost two pens and six points. Plenty of times it brought down the ball carrier but it’s a dengerous game to play 

...and people see the Loch Ness Monster.

Still, you have to take it on faith that even with decisions of that amount of criticality to a game that the officials know what they're doing, I guess. But it would have been nice to see what he saw confirmed.

France been so lucky this year. 

Scotland desperately unlucky not to be awarded a try that wins them the game at the end. Italy match a farce when trying to kick a winning penalty and then today a late late penalty nobody else in the stadium as seen bar a ref who couldn’t even tell us who’d committed the offence. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

...and people see the Loch Ness Monster.

Still, you have to take it on faith that even with decisions of that amount of criticality to a game that the officials know what they're doing, I guess. But it would have been nice to see what he saw confirmed.

56 minutes ago, OwnGoal said:

Still not been able to show a replay of the game deciding penalty offence. Farce really. 

It was soft because those aren’t generally given but by the letter of the law, earl made no attempt to wrap 

9 hours ago, Anorak said:

I don't claim to understand Rugby very well but why did we kick the ball and concede possession with just a couple of minutes left? 

9 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

I’m no rugby expert but surely if you’re winning with 5 mins to go you should just stay in possession.

Some Irish fans were saying the same thing last weekend when Connor Murray kicked it away with less than 2 minutes on the clock.

The reality is that although its sounds easy on paper to hold onto the ball and recycle it through the phases, you are relying on not giving away a easy 3 point penalty for not releasing the ball in mauls in your own 22 or having the ball turned over. You also have less space to play with as you are effectively going backwards on each phase with keep ball tactics.

Against Scotland yesterday, Ireland had to do the same thing with keep ball but were inside the Scotland half and pulled it off, which takes off a hell of a lot of pressure.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Some Irish fans were saying the same thing last weekend when Connor Murray kicked it away with less than 2 minutes on the clock.

The reality is that although its sounds easy on paper to hold onto the ball and recycle it through the phases, you are relying on not giving away a easy 3 point penalty for not releasing the ball in mauls in your own 22 or having the ball turned over. You also have less space to play with as you are effectively going backwards on each phase with keep ball tactics.

Against Scotland yesterday, Ireland had to do the same thing with keep ball but were inside the Scotland half and pulled it off, which takes off a hell of a lot of pressure.

Correct - but why half way?  That’s still in kicking range ?  I get that further gives France the opportunity to break at pace because they 100% get possession and have room to run into but surely sticking it within fifteen yards of the touchline near their 22 and letting your chaser know that’s what you’re doing makes way more sense ? 

On 17/03/2024 at 09:07, st albans fox said:

Correct - but why half way?  That’s still in kicking range ?  I get that further gives France the opportunity to break at pace because they 100% get possession and have room to run into but surely sticking it within fifteen yards of the touchline near their 22 and letting your chaser know that’s what you’re doing makes way more sense ? 

I dont agree with either decision to kick, just that I get the reason why they did it. But yeah I agree that both had a feel of panic kicking rather than something with a bit more cohesion.