Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BKLFox

6N 2024

45 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Still fuming at the tosspot tmo in the Scotland game.

If it’s off the foot and rolls downwards then where else does it land other than the ground….fvcking idiot!

Both the ref and the TMO say " I can see it grounded",  then the TMO backtracks to find a way to agree with the on field decision by saying he can't find conclusive evidence to overturn. 

Thems the breaks I guess. 

47 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Well watching that just confirmed how bad england and wales are.

The 2 nations almost starting from scratch yes they will look bad against the established sides of IRE, SCO & FRA & will be playing for 4th 5th this tournament..but maybe not next year but 6N 2026 they will be the 2 teams to beat.

Cycles people cycles :blink:

32 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

The 2 nations almost starting from scratch yes they will look bad against the established sides of IRE, SCO & FRA & will be playing for 4th 5th this tournament..but maybe not next year but 6N 2026 they will be the 2 teams to beat.

Cycles people cycles :blink:

Ireland and France probably have 2 of the best under 20s set ups in NH rugby too....

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Nalis said:

No seems to be talking about how Scotland got that chance in the first place though. France made massive errors in game management to lose it so cheaply after their own scrum in the first place.

That’s very true, it was a comedy of errors near the end from both sides, SCO to allow FRA the opening to take the lead in the first place as SCO were pretty much cruising at that stage then FRA for allowing SCO back in.

I think this period in the game blinkers some poster to calling that game great and the WAL v ENG poor but tbh there hasn’t been a game yet that has got me ‘off my seat’ so to speak like some of the early WC games did.

The Scotland call is less about the refs and more about the actual framework of the rules to be honest. There isn't a lot of wiggle room for them to use "common sense." 

But talking about common sense, what is particularly stupid is running in to 3 defenders who can hold you up over the line when you've got absolutely miles of space to the right to just go wide. Scotland are blaming the ref but they absolutely butchered the chance.

• Like 1

On 03/02/2022 at 14:16, Finnegan said:

Interesting look at this.

Looking at at the squads and who is selected for this weekend:

England

Only one member of the squad qualifying on residency grounds, albeit one of the most high profile. Baffles me that Louis Lynagh (Aus) - son of Aussie great Michal - wants to play for England. Is in the wider squad but not this weekend's 23 and would be surprising if he plays anyway.

@Finnegan prepare to be further baffled, he has been called up to the Italy training team with a view to play against the French

Edited by BKLFox

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yep I know lol

I guess he thinks with signing for Benetton from the 24/25 season for possibly 3yrs taking him up to 27/28yrs he will miss any opportunity with either ENG or OZ.
It's probably a decent time to jump on the Italian bandwagon for that International experience as they have their best squad ever & a better coaching idea given the wider worldly knowledge of this & the previous 3 or so coaching set-ups.

Edited by BKLFox

• 2 weeks later...

Handling and pathetic errors since the fist 10 minutes.from England.

We were on top,and presented Scotland with the advantage.

Everytime we were moving the ball,handling error,that gave Scotland try after try,where it should of been England scoring.. Borthwick should have balled them out in the half time break…

England should be grovelling this weekend to their fans.

Really really pathetic handling problems,no ideas in attack..

Players themselves have to understand what crisp passing is.

Scotland Counter attacks from England passing..Borthwick should drop

the whole back line …Then giving away penalties…it was a nightmare.

12 minutes ago, Dr Marco said:

Scotland were better than England

Fair play to them, stil they will win **** all

To be fair, they did win the Magic Watering Can, or whatever it is you get if you win a Scotland v England game 

• Haha 2

Brilliant win, but I hate watching the Calcutta Cup games because my nerves get shredded. 

Mature performance in the 2nd half for a change. The forwards fronted up against the bigger ball carrier's from England. 

I've got a bit more respect for Borthwick and George after their interviews. A far cry from Jones and Farrell. 

Sam Warburton is really good as a pundit. Actually, the level of punditry between Rugby and Football is night and day. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Brilliant win, but I hate watching the Calcutta Cup games because my nerves get shredded. 

Mature performance in the 2nd half for a change. The forwards fronted up against the bigger ball carrier's from England. 

I've got a bit more respect for Borthwick and George after their interviews. A far cry from Jones and Farrell. 

Sam Warburton is really good as a pundit. Actually, the level of punditry between Rugby and Football is night and day. 

Funnily enough, I was watching the game with my dad and said exactly the same thing. The commentary is also miles better.

• Like 2