Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BKLFox

6N 2024

Our conversion rate in the 22 has been horrid again in this game. 

A better side would have the bonus point wrapped up and England would be done. 

Been a hideous home performance tbh but it still wouldn't surprise me if you win. 

1 hour ago, CWC1983 said:

Numerous chances through the game to score from 5m out. If you can't score from them you deserve to lose. 

Disappointed to say the least 

I know this is going to sound patronising from an Irish guy but we were that 'almost' team for years in games until but it took us a while to get there.

The fine margins are brutal at this level and Scotland in the 6N are a bit like France and Ireland in the World Cup. Ireland and France just find a way to win in the 6N when defending or a way to be clinical in the opposition 22 in the same NZ or Saffies are in the World Cup.

Scotland are getting better year on year though performance wise.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

@Finnegan what's with Wainwright and the highly dodgy facial hair?

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's always had some weird aesthetics. Like a closet Aussie. 

I was just about to post after seeing the young Welsh lad just about to come on, do young players nowadays look at 70s players and think I wanna be that 1 

15 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I know this is going to sound patronising from an Irish guy but we were that 'almost' team for years in games until but it took us a while to get there.

The fine margins are brutal at this level and Scotland in the 6N are a bit like France and Ireland in the World Cup. Ireland and France just find a way to win in the 6N when defending or a way to be clinical in the opposition 22 in the same NZ or Saffies are in the World Cup.

Scotland are getting better year on year though performance wise.

I actually think SCO are just about at peak it will be slowly back downhill from here they are starting to lose those big players.

ENG are in a major transition they have a lot of young players coming through and a new coaching approach.
It’s mentioned it took SA 14 or so games to fully understand & implement Felix Jones ‘blitz defensive’ it will take ENG as long.

Russell will have a field day with the amount of width ENG will leave when they get it wrong.

IRE were winning this tournament before a ball was kicked, they only surprise is how bad France have been in the 2 games.

Edited by BKLFox

20 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

think SCO are just about at peak

Yep pretty much. 

There's a limit to what you can do with the Scottish talent pool, hence why there's about a million south Africans in the squad. Even that's only going to take you so far. 

Finn isn't getting younger, Hogg has gone already, there aren't obvious replacements. It's been a bit of a blip and they've won nothing with it. 

I mean, shit, we've won more during their golden era and it's been our doldrums so yknow. 

• Like 2