Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
niyaminski

Singing Section Updates

I don't even expect the rest of the KOP to get involved in the same way as the section area but they don't even rise in anticipation at corners, or do the bare minimum of singing 'come on Leicester' at corners.

They don't collectively sing anything anymore. 

• Thanks 1

To be fair @Motty has just voiced his opinion (excuse the pun) and he's a brave man doing that in threads like this because he will get chased down for having that opinion, we all know how that works.

There is a bit of an eliteist angle from some support, whether you mean to or not, if you aren't singing for 90 mins and swinging your scarf round your neck then you are pondlife and should just feck off. 

On the other hand I think it's important to have the people wishing to be vocal together, where that is in the ground doesn't really matter and has to be a compromise - every atmosphere is fatigued in the whole country, it's not just us.

There is a sliding scale of what makes you a good fan or not, whether its singing, leaving early, leaving early at HT, clappers, standing up, sitting down, flasks etc etc. I think everyone who is on this site and at the games are true LCFC fans, we are not a Liverpool or Man Utd with half the ground filled with tourists and corporates. If this attitude carries on there will be a big us and them culture on matchdays and it won't benefit anyone, especially those on the pitch.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Mods is it possible to keep this thread clean just for updates and questions. Once opinions come in it just turns into a slag fest, plenty of other threads for that.

True

Thought it was the other thread when I was posting 

5 hours ago, Channies6thswan said:

No you are probably right but I think this is the best way to improve the atmosphere 

I agree with you but even if UFS wanted to do it, which they are completely against 🤷‍♀️  the club are terrified of any potential trouble, so won’t happen anyway. Safe standing there is also unlikely. 

• 2 months later...

SK1 SINGING SECTION FOR 2024/25  

Aimed at enhancing the matchday atmosphere, the SK1 Singing Section will continue to be situated in SK1; Rows M to PP; seats 1 to 29 and seats 208-218. Approximately 100 seats in the section will continue to be held for match-by-match purchases. 

What does "held for match-by-match purchases" mean? 

Does it mean 100 seats in the section will not available for STH selection/relocation, and reserved for members/general sale?

Below recent screenshot was taken at 8am sharp for the 35+ point member selling period, I count only just over 50 seats available. I assume the greyed out seats are all existing STHs. If so, surely a section expansion is needed, to allow sufficient space for both relocations and match-by-match sales?

41A643F4-828E-4E68-8251-6553ED770CB3.jpeg

9 hours ago, brucey said:

What does "held for match-by-match purchases" mean? 

Does it mean 100 seats in the section will not available for STH selection/relocation, and reserved for members/general sale?

Below recent screenshot was taken at 8am sharp for the 35+ point member selling period, I count only just over 50 seats available. I assume the greyed out seats are all existing STHs. If so, surely a section expansion is needed, to allow sufficient space for both relocations and match-by-match sales?

41A643F4-828E-4E68-8251-6553ED770CB3.jpeg

Correct

I’m sort of glad from a selfish point of view that they are still holding back tickets for members to be allowed into the section but just worried that soon the chances will disappear unless I get a season ticket.. I’m clear of points but there are just a couple of commitments that’s holding me back from being able to apply for one at present. I am however on the ticket site at 7.55 in order to get to the games I’m able too, usually in the same seat.

will be gutted that relocations and new applications will eventually force the members out which is why something needs to be done surely.. I really don’t see the issue with expanding it another block of seats and on the website making the square bigger?? Don’t sound like too much of a big task.. are the club worried they will upset more people? Surely there are more fans that want it than don’t? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Maybe these extra tickets are not being taken up week by week and that’s the reason for lack of expansion? That or they can’t be bothered for the Agro which is probably more likely 

Those spare seats in the section do get sold out fully for the vast majority of games. Usually one of the first areas to sell out as well. 

I'm just confused how they can say 100 seats are being held back for match day sales, unless they are preventing any further ST relocations into the section. And UFS has previously encouraged mid season relocations into the section, so I don't think that's the case currently. 

• Like 1

Shame the club doesn't embrace the singing section. Palace moved the holmesdale fanatics to the back of the centre basically back sa10 rows of sk2 and sk3 would make a difference. Yes people will have to relocate in those areas...

If clubs move nowadays there's more consideration of relocating. As many pointed out, the double decker and kop merged from filbo which means a mixed bag of singers/non singers in the kop.

1 hour ago, brucey said:

Those spare seats in the section do get sold out fully for the vast majority of games. Usually one of the first areas to sell out as well. 

I'm just confused how they can say 100 seats are being held back for match day sales, unless they are preventing any further ST relocations into the section. And UFS has previously encouraged mid season relocations into the section, so I don't think that's the case currently. 

This is getting to be a bit of a catch 22 now. UFS asked for about a quarter of the section to be held back for match by match, to try and prevent it going stale and getting fresh faces in each game. The club agreed to it. 

But now it's becoming one of, if not the most popular areas in the ground and people want to move their STs in, cutting down what's available match by match. There's no sign the club will expand it any time soon either so it's difficult. Ideally need people who aren't contributing to move out. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

Maybe not the correct thread but allow me a smug one tonight. Plenty ought to eat humble pie, saying it would never work, plastic ultras the lot.

Tonight was incredible.

I’m never moving. It’s the place to be. I used to want it nearer the away fans but **** that. SK1 all the way … 🦊🦊🦊

9 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Maybe not the correct thread but allow me a smug one tonight. Plenty ought to eat humble pie, saying it would never work, plastic ultras the lot.

Tonight was incredible.

It’s good to be hated by the right kind of people